Have you called the cops?

georgegeorgia

You guys living in remote or small  villages away from cities ,have you ever had to call the cops ?

I was just watching a farang YouTuber living in a village in Isaan who was angry the cops took an hour to arrive for a altercation during the Songkran festival

He was "pissed" off that they took their time ,his words 

But I'm sure anywhere in the World if you live in a country area away from the city the cops will be around a hour or more to arrive .

Do you have a local Cop in your village nearby ,how do you find police response times ?

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Ben Zioner said:

Yes my wife does and they come.

We pay the 500 baht monthly fee for the red box, contribute to their social events, and I give them 3000 for Christmas. And honestly, with years of hindsight, the system works and is terrific value of money.

Thats the theory I keep in mind at yearly stayextension time, Immigration like a happy xmas too! 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

51 minutes ago, Ben Zioner said:

We pay the 500 baht monthly fee for the red box, contribute to their social events, and I give them 3000 for Christmas. And honestly, with years of hindsight, the system works and is terrific value of money.

so just under 300 a month...10 baht a day...do they put a guy outside your house in the tiny police box?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Sticky Rice Balls said:

hello

where u come from?

how long u stay thailand?

you speak thai?

have thai lady?

...end of chat....repeat add nauseam 1000x

Some do speak ok english, and interested in my motorbikes, and just chit chat

• Like 1

Just now, Hummin said:

Some do speak ok english, and interested in my motorbikes, and just chit chat

ask them what the deal with thai women is for me...........kop khun krup....also whats the lowest they will take for not wearing my helmet

1 hour ago, Ben Zioner said:

Ditto, i have something similar set up.

Pay them 1000 baht a month, they randomly come by and sign the book and have a news, i live remotely so i appreciate it.

Can also be handy for other things, recently had a big snake and he got the boys round to get rid of it.

3 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

recently had a big snake and he got the boys round to get rid of it.

yes i spoke with them....they told me to zip up my pants and move along......apologies to the village ladies waiting...

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

yes i spoke with them....they told me to zip up my pants and move along......apologies to the village ladies waiting...

You like having boys play with that snake of yours?

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, PJ71 said:

You like having boys play with that snake of yours?

they were impressed but i was simply in the area looking for the lady i met on TF.....the cops asked to take a selfie(snakey)..i politely declined..

2 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

they were impressed but i was simply in the area looking for the lady i met on TF.....the cops asked to take a selfie(snakey)..i politely declined..

Are boys often impressed with your wee piddler?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, PJ71 said:

Are boys often impressed with your wee piddler?

no as they dont get access...the cops you called seemed impressed tho....some granny from TF wasn surely upset as the fuzz send me packing....you were the one who called about a "snake"

dont kill the messenger...

1 hour ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

no as they dont get access...the cops you called seemed impressed tho....some granny from TF wasn surely upset as the fuzz send me packing....you were the one who called about a "snake"

dont kill the messenger...

Are you on grinder?

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, NE1 said:

Ours wouldn't have even bothered.

One villager had an item of gold stolen from her house and she saw who the thief was .

She called the local lazies and they wanted considerable monies off her before they would act.

We have called them once and they said they would send somebody tomorrow , so the wife rang the Changwat police and they informed our local lazies to get off their 'arrises and come help us.

They were not pleased .

Similar happened to me after an unprovoked on us at night driving on our way home on a M/C, dark road,  main beam on, they just jumped out from the trees, we managed to drive of, called the tourist police line busy was all we got, phoned the local police came out the next mourning, to the spot, where they had abandoned their weapons, nothing was done, then phoned the main police station, after 3 days of not hearing from them. Next mourning they were caught. 

few things here

well you are talking about a youtuber... its their job.. to create a scene.. event.. content.. thats the first red flag for me. thats what i really hate about. tiktokers and youtubers.

i was living in khon kaen are. my home was 45 km from khon kaen. it was 14 years ago and i swear that time there were no farangs in khon kaen at all. maybe 50 and thats all.

1 day i had to call the cops i will not give the reason why i called them.. they were on the scene in 30min which is seriously better then in many european cities.

1 day i had to call ambulance. same location. they where on the scene in 10min

1 day i had to call to police because of loud music in my muuban in bangkok.. and they were on the scene in 35 min.

so far my experience with police is good.

• Thanks 1

On 4/18/2024 at 7:49 AM, Sticky Rice Balls said:

so just under 300 a month...10 baht a day...do they put a guy outside your house in the tiny police box?

Where we bought property in rural Ratchaburi it costs 1,000/month for the red box.  In our case it is divided among the 10 people that own property on the soi.  So 100/month.  The police drive out only 2-3 times per week.  But otherwise they would never be there.