Delayed Start to Rainy Season Forecast in Thailand

webfact

We are needing some in Phuket we are ok one of the first things i did was dig a well, both my neighbours are relying on city water, it's been off for 3 or 4 days, they are having to buy water, 

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

We get all our water from 40metres down. Not sure what happens when/if it ever runs out.

Hasn't run out so far in 7 years. With his usual 'sunny' (Thai) disposition - living in the moment - my b/f just laughs whenever I raise the question. Lotta wata.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

We are needing some in Phuket we are ok one of the first things i did was dig a well, both my neighbours are relying on city water, it's been off for 3 or 4 days, they are having to buy water, 

Where in Phuket.  We still have water in Chalong.....for how long?  

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand's Meteorological Department predicts that the rainy season will start one to two weeks later this year, likely in the fourth week of May, and should last through late October.

I wouldn't hold your breath. If I remember correctly the real wet didn't start until September last year and was the shortest wet season I can remember. Loooong, hot, humid build up. Will this year be different? As for the wet season it traditionally starts on Khao Phansa this year 20/7.  

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

So they are trying to predict something about 4 weeks out? Don’t buy it. 

I think humans do in fact have tech that’s able to do some pretty impressive stuff, but it’s not available to the public. In other words, I think humans are probably decent at weather forecasting if they needed it to be accurate for a war or invasion or something important to them. We just get the old tech as taxpayers. All the info we get fed is rubbish. It’s never correct. 

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Imagine that. Places where it used to rain or not, when there were no humans, there were no problems.

Enter the human factor and suddenly there is complaining about it raining or not or that the humans are inconvenienced by the lack of water.

Edited by freeworld
  • Confused 4
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

Normally you have a tank for water. We have 2 tanks by 20.000 litres. So if there's no water for some days it doesn't matter.

1 hour ago, LivingNThailand said:

Where in Phuket.  We still have water in Chalong.....for how long?  

Rawai along Saiyuan, we are ok because we have the well,

11 minutes ago, Carlotta said:

Normally you have a tank for water. We have 2 tanks by 20.000 litres. So if there's no water for some days it doesn't matter.

we have a deep well and a tank

14 minutes ago, Carlotta said:

Our tank will only last about 1-2 days if we don't do any laundry. We eat at home mostly, and shower daily.  🤗

3 hours ago, petermik said:

My tank will last a week normally....I don`t shower often as it helps in keeping the neighbours at bay :thumbsup:

And probably your house is a no fly area?😂 

So, same as last year, down here @ PKK.  I wouldn't be surprised if that holds for the future, as weather patterns do shift with time.   Also means, we had rain later in the year, than years before.   The amount or, and months/weeks of rain hasn't changed, that I notice.   Farmers may have a better handle on that.