Adelaide Thai Consulate...

Hi,

I'm taking a trip to Sydney & Adelaide.  I'm planning on applying for a B visa on the grounds of setting up a business.

Which consulate would be best to apply? I've heard that Sydney is not very helpful.

Should I try Adelaide or by post to Brisbane or Perth?  

Would I need to show capitol for investment?

THX for any comments.

Are you wanting to get a single or multiple entry visa?

Do you have all the documents that will be needed to get a B visa? If not you might find it easier to get a multiple entry non-o to visit friends.

You can forget Sydney for either visa. I have not seen any reports on what Adelaide will issue. Perth and Brisbane have been reported to be helpful for either visa.

Are you wanting to get a single or multiple entry visa?

Do you have all the documents that will be needed to get a B visa? If not you might find it easier to get a multiple entry non-o to visit friends.

You can forget Sydney for either visa. I have not seen any reports on what Adelaide will issue. Perth and Brisbane have been reported to be helpful for either visa.

Does a single entry still mean that I have to cross a border every 90 days?

I was planning to apply for a B on the grounds of setting up a small language learning centre. I have a UK TESEL Cert + a UK Degree certificate.

I can get a letter from the landlord to say I plan to rent a unit. I cannot show capitol in a bank at this stage.

THX for the help.

You will not get a B visa with the documents you have now or even the proof of rental.

I think you you should try for the non-o visa. You can get a work permit with this visa,

A single entry is only good for 1 entry of 90 days.

A multiple entry visa will allow you to enter a many times as you want for a year getting 90 days each entry. This means you have to make border runs every 90 days. If you do an entry the day before the visa expires you can get another 90 day entry which means you do not need to get a new visa for about 15 months.

Starting a new company will mean that you will be making border runs for about 2 years. You will not be able to get an extension of stay until then because it requires tax payments for 2 years to get one.

Edit: You will find 3 topics abourt getting a non-o in Perth here. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Latest-Repor...on-t189375.html

Edited by ubonjoe

Royal Thai Consulate General, Sydney.

http://www.thaiconsulatesydney.org/Consula...a/Business.html

Business Visa

Business visitors or people engaged in any business activities such as attending a meeting or a conference, working or conducting a business in Thailand must have a Non-immigrant “B” visa before entering Thailand. The non – immigrant “B” visa is categorized into 2 categories;

A single entry visa allows you to stay up to 90 days. The application must be supported by a letter from an employer in Australia or a business counterpart in Thailand, The fee is $90.00 AUD (nonrefundable)

A multiple entries visa allows you to stay up to 90 days for each entry and valid for multiple entries to Thailand within one year, however the applicant must report himself/herself to the nearest immigration office or to the police station.

The application must be supported by the followings; a letter form an employer in Australia and a business counterpart in Thailand which stating clearly the necessity of getting a multiple entries one year visa, a work contract, a business registration of a company he/she working for (the Consulate reserves the right to request more documents). The fee is $ 225.00 AUD (nonrefundable)

One application form must be completed and submitted together with:

+ A photocopy of an airline ticket, an e-ticket or an itinerary.

+ Two passport-sized photographs

+ An original plus a photocopy of a Passport or travel document with at least 6 months validity beyond the proposed date of departure from Thailand.

Fees must be paid in Australian dollars by bank cheque, money order, or cash only.

All visas take a minimum of 2 working days to process after lodgement of application, not including day of lodgement.

Applying or Returning by mail:

Once an application has been received at the Consulate, it takes at least 3 working days to process. We cannot guarantee any postal time; therefore, the applicant should allow at least 15 working days to lodge the application.

Preferable by express post or registration post. Any application arriving without a return, self-addressed security enveloped, or inadequate documents or payment will not be processed until all the requirement have been met.

We reserve the right to take no responsibility for any post return if the passport is damaged or lost during transit.

No responsibility is taken for any lost or damage via Post.

REMARK: The Royal Thai Consulate General reserves the right to approve any type of visas based on the purpose of visit and supporting documents, which will be considered on a case by case basis.

If you are in WA apply in Perth.

If you are in SA apply in Adelaide.

If you are in NSW apply in Sydney.

If you are in Qld apply in Brisbane.

If you have arrived from overseas you would apply in the State you are currently in.

The Embassy is in the ACT 2600.