Cheap Driving Range In Bangkok For Beginner With No Clubs Or Skills

HalfSquat

Wouldn't mind having a go on a driving range this weekend.

Can anyone recommend a low priced on in Bangkok that might be available? We have no clubs.

Or if not perhaps one I could have a go on in the week?

Thanks.

If you are thinking of taking up golf seriously (great game but addictive) I strongly recommend that you take a few lessons from a professional first. A good golf swing has to be taught, eg proper setup, stance, grip, takeaway, etc. It doesn't just happen. The problem with just hitting balls at the driving range on your own is that you develop mistakes in your swing which in my experience become entrenched and are then very difficult to correct. (No I'm not a golf pro) If I was starting to play over again I would take lessons before ever setting foot on a golf course.

Can anyone recommend a low priced on in Bangkok that might be available? We have no clubs.

Thanks.

There are driving ranges all over BKK. The ones I have been to all have rental clubs. As for weekends and holiday's they charge a little more. :)

Thanks.

Don't....if you have never held a golf club you are perfect for a good golf teacher. Until a few years ago my wife hadn't even seen a golf club..I had her taught over two weekends by a Thai guy and she could play. now she is a big bandit off 17 and has what evrybody says is a lovely swing. I don't know where you are but there is a Thai guy, who speaks good english, and has worked with some real pros....he helped me out and I like his attitude. He is at Sports City on Prachachued Road...pm me and I can find his details...his name is something like Rat or Rad. They all sound the same to me. Funny my wife saw him in the True shop today when she was paying that rip-off UBC bill.

I will be going with my bird who can play golf so should be ok for one go but if I like it/can afford it will have some lessons. Will I have much chance of getting a cheap round of golf in during a weekday daytime in Bangkok?

I often go to the RCA driving range off Petchaburi Road. However, if you're living around Chong Nonsi there's a driving range behind the Tesco Lotus in Naritiwas Road, heading towards Rama 3. here's an English po who provides lessons there on certain days (he is also the pro at Thai Country Club).

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.golfthink.com

No problem in my opinion to go down to a range and just smack some balls and see how you fear. If you are relatively sporty with good hand-eye hand coordination you should be able to hit the ball. If you manage to make contact and hit a few good ones then you can think about taking golf lessons. I'd ask to take one lesson first, see how you get on with the Pro, then you can sign up for a series of lessons once you are comfortable with the right guy/girl, and it's obviously (or not) cheaper if you take a series of lessons.

Great golfing in Thailand!