More Than 10,000 Drug Dealers Targeted

george

More than 10,000 drug dealers targeted

CHIANG MAI: -- Thailand’s anti-drug authorities will target more than 10,000 major drug dealers in the next phase of the government’s "war on drugs".

Most of the dealers are believed to be hiding somewhere in Thailand, while others have fled to neighbouring countries, the Deputy Secretary-General of the Office of the Narcotics Control Board (ONCB), Pinyo Thongchai, told TNA on Monday.

The third stage of the government's "war on drugs", due to begin in April, will also involve increased cooperation with neighbouring countries in a crack down on drug producers and traffickers.

The government aims to make Thailand free from illicit drugs by 2008.

Drug smugglers have shifted their smuggling routes from the North of the country to the North-east, as well as eastern and central regions.

These include Ubon Ratchathani, Surin, Sa Kaew, Trat, Kanchanaburi and Chantaburi, Mr. Pinyo said.

Drug addicts have turned to ecstasy and crystal methamphetamine, known as "ice" because of the shortage of previously popular drugs, including heroin and methamphetamine, known locally as "yaa baa" (or crazy drug), as a result of the government’s continued crackdown on drugs, according to Mr. Pinyo.

--TNA 2005-03-15

I hope it works

Crsytal Meth or P is much worse THAN YABA,VERY addictive,and easy to cook up.

They really need to make examples of anyone caught making this stuff.

A very big bust just went down in Aus,enough ingredients to make 100m worth of the stuff in three 44 gall drums imported from China!!

More than 10,000 drug dealers targeted

CHIANG MAI: --  Thailand’s anti-drug authorities will target more than 10,000 major drug dealers in the next phase of the government’s "war on drugs".

Most of the dealers are believed to be hiding somewhere in Thailand, while others have fled to neighbouring countries, the Deputy Secretary-General of the Office of the Narcotics Control Board (ONCB), Pinyo Thongchai, told TNA on Monday.

The third stage of the government's "war on drugs", due to begin in April, will also involve increased cooperation with neighbouring countries in a crack down on drug producers and traffickers.

The government aims to make Thailand free from illicit drugs by 2008.

Drug smugglers have shifted their smuggling routes from the North of the country to the North-east, as well as eastern and central regions.

These include Ubon Ratchathani, Surin, Sa Kaew, Trat, Kanchanaburi and Chantaburi, Mr. Pinyo said.

Drug addicts have turned to ecstasy and crystal methamphetamine, known as "ice" because of the shortage of previously popular drugs, including heroin and methamphetamine, known locally as "yaa baa" (or crazy drug), as a result of the government’s continued crackdown on drugs, according to Mr. Pinyo.

--TNA 2005-03-15

What are they trying to direct attention away from now - the drought? the rise in oil prices ? the deteriorating situation in the southern provinces ?

I thought I saw on television last night the enviromental minister announcing the purchase of 70+ aircraft for cloud seeding? :D:o

What are they trying to direct attention away from now - the drought?  the rise in oil prices ?  the deteriorating situation in the southern provinces ?

I thought I saw on television last night the enviromental minister announcing the purchase of 70+ aircraft for cloud seeding? :D  :o

Isn't Airforce One suitable ? :D

It's only good for spreading manure, not cloud seeding.... :D

What, the government now intends to make Thailand free of illicit drugs by year 2008?  Wait - didn't it already do that in 2003, over countless dead bodies?

Buying shares in a major coffin making company sounds a rather worthwhile sort of investment.

Hmmm Kevlar sales increase - also a good investment I do say.

What, the government now intends to make Thailand free of illicit drugs by year 2008?  Wait - didn't it already do that in 2003, over countless dead bodies?

Buying shares in a major coffin making company sounds a rather worthwhile sort of investment.

Sounds like an all round good deal :D Unless one is a dealer :o

Sounds like an all round good deal :D Unless one is a dealer :o

or a bystander... :D

Drug and Third world countries are connected. They rely on one another. What Toxin is doing is just another big show; pretty much like "War on Corruption". How on earth can you wage the war on drug when your own people are selling it? I am convinced that many, many high-ranking police and army officers are selling drug. I am sure....

So can Mr. Toxin expose these insiders to the public? I don't think so.

Golf

Edited by Golf

Nice to see you back, Golf. :o

I agree... He can't expose them because the interconnections between them all is too intricately woven.

I just hope the carnage of dead bodies everywhere from 2003 is not repeated. It sorrows me greatly to see such injustices committed in Thailand. It some regards, it was worse than the tsunami.... because with 2,500 casualties... it was committed by man on man and not by the uncontrollable Nature on man.

If these low level dealers only studied harder in drug college, instead of messing around playing tokraw and racing cars, they would have worked their way up by now to being kingpins -who are automatically excluded from sudden job termination at 2am in front of the local 7-11-. Their loss is no tragedy.

:o

Drug and Third world countries are connected.  They rely on one another.  What Toxin is doing is just another big show; pretty much like "War on Corruption".  How on earth can you wage the war on drug when your own people are selling it?  I am convinced that many, many high-ranking police and army officers are selling drug.  I am sure....

So can Mr. Toxin expose these insiders to the public?  I don't think so.

Golf

Golf - fearless leader eliminates them, you'll be surprised what a good turkey shoot can do to the low level drug trade. :o

Lowlife or highlife, doesn't matter. Everyone deserves justice and fair trial, not just killing them all that is about to happen. I do believe in karma, and bad karmas this Thai government, or any Thai governments in the past, had committed will come back and get them. Eventually everyone returns to the mother Earth, but not like this....

2,500 plus people were shot and killed. I don't believe that every single one of them deserved to die without trials. More than half of this death toll were innocent people, I believe. This is the best evils in brown can do. Try to find anyone who fits their profile and...you know. I cannot say more otherwise I will be ban from this forum again.

Golf

Edited by Golf

If they are truly dealers, I'd say cap em, why waste the publics $$ on trials

But dont they get a chance to turn themselves in before the Hunt starts?

Problem is most of them are in the lowest place in the drug ladder. Many are wrongfully accused. Are you sure that Thai police precisely target the true druglords? How many innocent people have died without trials so far? The police almost always have no hard evidence to arrest them so they randomly pick their guys who are close to the profile, and basically kill them on spot. Saying that they were resisting the officers (the most popular lame excuese to commit extra-juridical killing by the police).

Just like the Southmost uprising, the police couldn't find anyone who responsible for it. Thus they went back to their old criminal records and randomly pick the anyone who have previously charged. Went out and round them up.

Are you sure the all of the drug dealers are the true kingpins? The police aren't sure, but they have to find criminals to close the cases. Make report that they have done their jobs and need promotions.

Golf

Edited by Golf

Problem is most of them are in the lowest place in the drug ladder. Many are wrongfully accused.  Are you sure that Thai police precisely target the true druglords?  How many innocent people have died without trials so far?  The police almost always have no hard evidence to arrest them so they randomly pick their guys who are close to the profile, and basically kill them on spot. Saying that they were resisting the officers (the most popular lame excuese to commit extra-juridical killing by the police).

Just like the Southmost uprising, the police couldn't find anyone who responsible for it.  Thus they went back to their old criminal records and randomly pick the anyone who have previously charged.  Went out and round them up.

Are you sure the all of the drug dealers are the true kingpins?  The police aren't sure, but they have to find criminals to close the cases.  Make report that they have done their jobs and need promotions.

Golf

Golf,

Do the police ever do any serious interrogation? I don't mean torture, but maybe some form of "heavy handed" questioning in order to get some leads about who are the main dealers and those higher up the ladder than the local distributors.

I understand what you are saying about a general roundup to get their arrest figures up and "close the cases", but what about some serious detective work?

"Sting operations" that are published in Thailand almost always have some Western Government agency involved as well as the Thai police. Do you know what the Thai police do on their own?

Do the police ever do any serious interrogation?  I don't mean torture, but maybe some form of "heavy handed" questioning in order to get some leads about who are the main dealers and those higher up the ladder than the local distributors.

Is there any doubt that the police aren't already aware of the identity of the higher-ups?

Problem is most of them are in the lowest place in the drug ladder. Many are wrongfully accused.  Are you sure that Thai police precisely target the true druglords?   How many innocent people have died without trials so far?  The police almost always have no hard evidence to arrest them so they randomly pick their guys who are close to the profile, and basically kill them on spot. Saying that they were resisting the officers (the most popular lame excuese to commit extra-juridical killing by the police).

Just like the Southmost uprising, the police couldn't find anyone who responsible for it.  Thus they went back to their old criminal records and randomly pick the anyone who have previously charged.  Went out and round them up.

Are you sure the all of the drug dealers are the true kingpins?  The police aren't sure, but they have to find criminals to close the cases.  Make report that they have done their jobs and need promotions.

Golf

Golf,

Do the police ever do any serious interrogation? I don't mean torture, but maybe some form of "heavy handed" questioning in order to get some leads about who are the main dealers and those higher up the ladder than the local distributors.

I understand what you are saying about a general roundup to get their arrest figures up and "close the cases", but what about some serious detective work?

"Sting operations" that are published in Thailand almost always have some Western Government agency involved as well as the Thai police. Do you know what the Thai police do on their own?

They do, but the leads always ended up to the untouchable ones! The police couldn't do anything to them 'cause these druglords maybe, I repeat, maybe ones of their own people or the godfathers. The police then desperately need scapegoats so it appears to the public that they have captured the right ones.

That explains why the police really need to take control of the forensics deivision of the Justice Dept. They can control ALL of the aspect of the cases, from top to buttom. That's why Dr. Pontip fights so hard to protect her division from being take over so there is no more justice left in Thailand. You see?

For example, in the 40's, one Police Colonel was assasinated because he found out that the Police Commander-General at the time was the druglord!

Golf

They do, but the leads always ended up to the untouchable ones!  The police couldn't do anything to them 'cause these druglords maybe, I repeat, maybe ones of their own people or the godfathers.  The police then desperately need scapegoats so it appears to the public that they have captured the right ones.

That explains why the police really need to take control of the forensics deivision of the Justice Dept.  They can control ALL of the aspect of the cases, from top to buttom.  That's why Dr. Pontip fights so hard to protect her division from being take over so there is no more justice left in Thailand.  You see?

For example, in the 40's, one Police Colonel was assasinated because he found out that the Police Commander-General at the time was the druglord!

Golf

There you go... the corruption in Thailand is so widespread that there is no hope of change... ever. :D

And the public $$$ spent on trials is just a face-saving exercise. :o