Need Water Pressure Tank With Bladder

Jackrabbit

Does anyone know where, in Bangkok, I can buy a Pressurized Bladder Type Water Tank?

So far the reply I have received from various stores/suppliers is the typical Thai "No have".

Thanks

post-79850-1252243473_thumb.jpg

Try Grundfos agent

Does anyone know where, in Bangkok, I can buy a Pressurized Bladder Type Water Tank?

So far the reply I have received from various stores/suppliers is the typical Thai "No have".

Thanks

Try Grundfos agent

Give them a call first @ 2-7441785

Were are you located at Jackrabbit. One of my neighbor spotted an assist bladder (not the 500 liter type) but just a simple bladder Ball in an enclosed tank like the one in your picture. It was 1200 baht last year in Pattaya. I am going out there today to pick up enough sprinkler heads for an acre & a couple of other parts. If your in this area I will give you the address. I was going to buy the bladder setup myself but I think redesigning the piping keeps the pressure constant now. I had to change the configuration of the pumps- if I didn't need to this would have been a good quick fix.

• 2 weeks later...

Buy a fairly large stainless steel tank, the bigger the better. Some have a sight glass on one side with a tire valve type stem on the top. When the water gets near the top of the sight glass, turn off the pump, drain water until there is no pressure and pump air into the top of the tank until the pressure is back up to the pump setting. You should not have to do this more than once every month or two.

Buy a fairly large stainless steel tank, the bigger the better. Some have a sight glass on one side with a tire valve type stem on the top. When the water gets near the top of the sight glass, turn off the pump, drain water until there is no pressure and pump air into the top of the tank until the pressure is back up to the pump setting. You should not have to do this more than once every month or two.

The only problem with this is to try and achieve a reasonable pressure you will probably explode the tank - unles of course it is a pressure tank. You can used a LPG gas cylinder - this works very well the only problem is removing the gas smell - unless you purchase a new tank that has never been gassed.

It has to be a pressure tank. Stainless steel because of rust problems. The one I had was tested to 10 bar which is about 145 PSI. A good plumbing store should have them. It also needs the sight glass so you can see how much is water is in the tank and how much air has been lost. I bought a large tank because of power failures. The power always seemed to go off when I was lathered up in the shower. With the added pressure tank I could always finish my shower.

It has to be a pressure tank. Stainless steel because of rust problems. The one I had was tested to 10 bar which is about 145 PSI. A good plumbing store should have them. It also needs the sight glass so you can see how much is water is in the tank and how much air has been lost. I bought a large tank because of power failures. The power always seemed to go off when I was lathered up in the shower. With the added pressure tank I could always finish my shower.

If it's a pressure tank then no problems - and of course Stailess steel is the way to go.

What did it cost?

Edited by Artisi

I'm not sure how much I paid for it. I am sure it held more than a hundred liters and it was pretty expensive. A figure of 12,000 baht comes to mind. You have to keep in mind that pressurized air occupies about a third of the volume of the tank. People complain about their pumps switching on and off frequently. This eliminates that problem and also the surge in pressure when the pump starts after the pump tank has lost the air cushion.

Bladder tanks work well but are always too small to keep the pump from cycling quite often.

I'm not sure how much I paid for it. I am sure it held more than a hundred liters and it was pretty expensive. A figure of 12,000 baht comes to mind. You have to keep in mind that pressurized air occupies about a third of the volume of the tank. People complain about their pumps switching on and off frequently. This eliminates that problem and also the surge in pressure when the pump starts after the pump tank has lost the air cushion.

Bladder tanks work well but are always too small to keep the pump from cycling quite often.

Large bladder tanks are available from Grundfos - although probably very expensive.

Actually the small pumps used in Thailand with the air over water (no bladder) are not a good choice for a domestic situation, as the air is too quickly exhausted and the pumps continually hunt on and off. I always listen for the pumps hunting on and off when ever I visit any ones home and usually end up advising on how to overcome the continual hunting (which most Thai's think is normal).

A small end suction close coupled pump with a seperate bladder tank properly set-up with pressure switch etc is a much better proposition, the tank doesn't have to be all that large as its function is only to maintain system pressure and accommodate any minor leakage in the system and sense the pressure drop when a tap is turned on.

To safe guard against a power outage is another story and can be accommodated with a bladder tank - but just how big does it need to be - 1 minute or 10 minutes water supply ? Guess it depends on how important that extra bit od water is or how deep your pockets are - alternately install an over-head tank.

The Grundfos CH-series, which I recommend for domestic use, come with a bladder tank and a pressure switch. The size of the tank depends on the pump type whereas the CH2-30PT uses a small 8 litre tank, the CH2-50PT and CH4-40PT use 18 litre, while the two large pumps the CH4-50PT and CH4-60PT use a 24 litre tank.