Broken Xbox 360

LP-BKK

Hi All,

I am looking for a bit of advice .... This morning I accidentally plugged my Xbox directly into a 240V plug socket without using the step down box which reduces the voltage to 110 V (The machine was bought from MBK and is Japanese model) Anyway as soon as it was plugged in the trip box upstairs went and turned off all the electric in the house – I did not even turn the xbox on. The Xbox afterwards is completely dead when trying it with the step-down box but there was no smoke coming out of it.

Has anyone had a similar thing happen or know if it will be easy to repair.

Many Thanks,

Laurence

You may find it's just the PSU that's blown. Take it along to MBK and see if they can power it up with a replacement PSU. Don't just go and buy one as they are not "upwards" compatible between the three versions (although strangely, backwards compatible).

GL

You may find it's just the PSU that's blown. Take it along to MBK and see if they can power it up with a replacement PSU. Don't just go and buy one as they are not "upwards" compatible between the three versions (although strangely, backwards compatible).

GL

Good point GL,

I was thinking that as well because the XBOX was never turned on I just plugged in the cable attahced to the PSU thinking it was the plug for the TV.

Hi

An over-voltage damaged PSU are often easy to fix (mostly the protection circuit blows its guts) it *should* be easy to repair, is this a XBOX 360 or just XBOX? either way without powering the unit up the primary side of the power supply is always running once the power is supplied and thats where the protection circuit is located anyways.

hope that helps.

cheers.

Hi

An over-voltage damaged PSU are often easy to fix (mostly the protection circuit blows its guts) it *should* be easy to repair, is this a XBOX 360 or just XBOX? either way without powering the unit up the primary side of the power supply is always running once the power is supplied and thats where the protection circuit is located anyways.

hope that helps.

cheers.

Many Thanks Saraquin,

I think its just the PSU which will be damaged I will take it to MBK tomorrow to be fixed or replaced - The same thing happend to a friend at work and he said he just got the fuse replaced in the PSU.

Hi

hope that helps.

cheers.

Many Thanks Saraquin,

I think its just the PSU which will be damaged I will take it to MBK tomorrow to be fixed or replaced - The same thing happend to a friend at work and he said he just got the fuse replaced in the PSU.

I've got a spare 110V PSU, if you can't get your PSU fixed send me a PM :)

Hi

hope that helps.

cheers.

Many Thanks Saraquin,

I've got a spare 110V PSU, if you can't get your PSU fixed send me a PM :)

Thanks for the offer but I have taken it to the 6th Floor of MBK and they are going to repair it and also modify it to 220 Vaults so I will not need the step-down box - Cost 800 Baht