Anyone Selling The New Ps3 Slim In Bk?

aussiebebe

It may amaze people how backward I am, but I've still got my old (2001) XBOX and I've put off buying either a 360 or PS3 for years now. I know if I get one, I'll just waste countless hours practising silly things like breaking through Police road-blocks in GTA4 which doesn't really help me with anything in the real world.

Now, however, I've seen the Slim PS3 and wondered if anyone knows whether they are being sold anywhere in BK yet? Also, what's the deal with PS3s? Should they be chipped or modded to accept copied games?

You wont get copied games for the PS3 due to the whole Blueray issue - the data size on disk and the price of the disk is prohibitive - so its very difficult to get copiues - i am not even sure if they have been chipped yet!

All the game shops should have the Slim by now unless they've sold out. Gcorners at least is advertising it on their website, haven't been by any shops myself in a couple weeks. But no, you can't chip a PS3 as far as I know, original games only.

Thanks for the replies; I did find quite a few shops selling PS3 slims, and

You wont get copied games for the PS3 due to the whole Blueray issue - the data size on disk and the price of the disk is prohibitive - so its very difficult to get copiues - i am not even sure if they have been chipped yet!

the shops I visited confirmed this; the PS3 has a 7th cell in it's processor which isn't even accessible to the developers apparently, so as of September 2009, the PS3 still hasn't been hacked. Original games only. Consequently I'm leaning towards the XBOX 360.

thanks again. If anyone's curious, the Slims are selling for around 15k at most places.