Driving In Thailand

Neeranam

don't usually give a toss about the people behind me. If you are behind me and in a hurry, the worst thing you can do is flash your lights and beep your horn. I know this is wrong and stupid perhaps, and I am working on changing this.

I hear that... It doesn't happen much to me, but when it does, I try to see if maybe I deserved a wake-up call before I get pissed. In the same vein, I try not to be the horn blower unless I really believe it's needed for safety, or maybe the guy fell asleep at the light... I remember sometimes sitting at a red light in Bkk for literally 10 minutes, and it was not uncommon for folks (like me!) to nap... :D

maikee, you sound more reasonable now than my first impression. I'd be happy to give you the right of way, for the asking... And I like hole jumping, it's 'my' rule, too :D

I have a couple of 130w spots (separate switch) on the back of my truck to assist in backing up... They're also useful in signaling people riding my bumper, or flashing their lights without reasonable cause... I guess I just can't help being the teacher.. Thankfully, I have some good tools to help illusrate my teaching points :o

Edited by Ajarn

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a couple of 130w spots (separate switch) on the back of my truck to assist in backing up... They're also useful in signaling people riding my bumper, or flashing their lights without reasonable cause... I guess I just can't help being the teacher.. Thankfully, I have some good tools to help illusrate my teaching points

Just as well I don't have them, I would be constantly flahing them at people up my arse. Now I see the point of having these things on a pick-up. And I thought it was all for show. Can they be put on a sallon car?? :o