Farang Disarms Gun Totting Local

aay2553

As for the " thai mafia"

Please, a lot of hot air, a bunch of cowards who prey on people who believe in this nonsense.

Yeah, that's probably the same advice someone gave Michael Wansley. I'm sure his mother appreciated that bit of advice.

:D

Well lets hope they send someone a little bit better than that last pathetic specimen . Is that the best they can do?

Surely whoever they send is of relative value to whatever the mark is. That should be fairly obvious.

:)

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Walter Mitty, a milquetoast man who lives life vicariously through daydreams...

What daydream?

Who is this Walter, the crook, or the man who took him down? Please enlighten us.

The reality is = innocent people in danger, gun off street, crook taken down, people made safe. No day dreams there. Would you agree?

What is the point of your post?

Does this man make you feel bad too?

I think many of you who have posted these sort of negative comments wish they could of done what he had and almost resent him for doing so. One person even goes as far to suggest it was all made up. That's a bit far fetched is it not?

I live in the area and can tell you it was the talk of the soi.

Now he seems to be picking up some flack because he seems not to be at all fazed by any repercussion from more cowardly crooks.

What would you say to him if that had been one of your loved one's the gun was pointed at?

the guy deserves a pat on the back, there certainly are not many like him around!

There were women and children all over the street when this coward pulled out a pistol and started waving it around acting like the big man. <If it was my wife/gf/family in the line of fire, and I found out someone could have, but didn't do anything, not sure how i would feel...how about u?>

The last thing he expected was someone to come up behind him, disarm, and disable him in the blink of an eye. <Yes, incredible loss of face, but don't think the guy is in any way living in fear of reprisal>

This idiot was definitely doing the wrong thing at the wrong place at the wrong time.

If he had any 'mafia' pull, wouldn't he have had more than his loud mouth wife (who could have called anyone) back him up in the 20 or so minutes he was being held completely helpless before the police arrived?

<security outside the building were typically pathetic>

sorry, had a few beers, don't know where I'm going with this post...

Good post.

I like the point about " not sure how I would feel if someone could of helped ( a loved one) but did not. Very poignant.

I suppose we would all feel resentment.

" you could of done something at least..." " why did you not help my mother/ gf /sister /kid / etc?"

From what I gather the only two who did anything to assist were passing by westerners despite the whole soi being quite crowded.

I have had a few beers too and am surprised at all this negative flack.

But without weapons Thais are pretty weak fighters. They don't dominate free fighting matches or stuff like that. Asians are just not as strong in general and if you get the best of the best foreigner wise and the best of the best thai wise the thai will always loose.

Yes, all those Olympic martial arts medals were purchased with "tea money"... I think that you have never been up against a "pound for pound" Thai boxing champ, otherwise the ass beating you received would have stuck with you...

Actually, it is a rare find to have a "pound for pound" comparison. But there was one legendary Dutchman called the "Diamond" (a name given to him by Thai people) that beat down many Thais, on Thai soil, under Thai rules.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYSTn0ORdXM&feature=fvsr

He was, without a doubt, a person that could eat pain.

Edited by Dakhar

But without weapons Thais are pretty weak fighters. They don't dominate free fighting matches or stuff like that. Asians are just not as strong in general and if you get the best of the best foreigner wise and the best of the best thai wise the thai will always loose.

Yes, all those Olympic martial arts medals were purchased with "tea money"... I think that you have never been up against a "pound for pound" Thai boxing champ, otherwise the ass beating you received would have stuck with you...

Actually, it is a rare find to have a "pound for pound" comparison. But there was one legendary Dutchman called the "Diamond" (a name given to him by Thai people) that beat down many Thais, on Thai soil, under Thai rules.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYSTn0ORdXM&feature=fvsr

He was, without a doubt, a person that could eat pain.

Ramon was and still is held in very high regard by the Thai's for his accomplishments at Lumpini, there have been very few that hae been able to compete at anywhere near the level he did against the top Thai fighters at the same weight, he is still talked about now 15 plus years later

It doesnt sound believable. What Farang is going to stick his neck out to do that! Also how did you hide behind a power post, you must be pretty thin.

There are unsung heroes out there everyday. Without foundation don't diminish the big guy's achievements. Not everyone runs away at the sign of trouble. Many do, but some do not. You even make fun of the OP seeking cover and/or concealment. Given your short post I can only imagine what you would do in a similar situation.

Most likely wish he had brought a change of underpants with him and some tissue. :)

I can validate the story. I haven't been there myself but I know the "tall dark Farang" personally very well, I train and teach in his martial arts club and I have seen the security video cam footage. The video is amazing - it shows every details of the incident. As some already mentioned he is founder of the Boxer Rebellion martial arts club. Thos who don't believe the story are invited to show up at the martial arts club and see the video for themselves and maybe join the training in many different martial arts disciplines.

C (I don't want to mention his full name here) is a professional and he knew very well what he was doing. He disarmed the guy safely, unloaded the gun, tossed the gun far away over a fence and out of reach and safely controlled the guy for 20 minutes until the police finally arrived. That is definitely a job for a well trained professional only.

C has over 20 years training in various martial arts - Krav Maga and Kapap are part of his repertoire of fighting systems but not the end of his story. He also has got broad professional experience with different kind of weapons including guns too. He is a very nice, humble and gentle guy and when you meet him you would never ever guess his background.

Now at those guys who want to talk about martial arts and how good is Muay Thai or Krav Maga and comparing pound for pound fighters... WAKE UP!! This incident is not about a fight in a ring and under controlled conditions and under strict rules! Krav Maga, Kapap and other systems including some weapons systems we teach at the Boxer Rebellion are meant just for self defense - for bare survival on the street. No one would use Krav Maga or a self defense system in an MMA fight - that's nonsense. And on the other hand no MMA oriented style or Muay Thai or BJJ or whatever teaches and trains you how to safely approach a gun wielding thug, disarm him safely, unload the gun safely and then control the guy without smashing him to pieces. Don't compare apples and oranges here. If you want to know more about it then you are kindly invited to join some free test training in the Boxer Rebellion Martial Arts club. We teach and train self defense (mostly Krav Maga), weapons, boxing, Savate (French Kickboxing), Muay Thai, MMA and MMA-oriented ground fighting (BJJ based, shootfighting and wrestling).

I can validate the story. I haven't been there myself but I know the "tall dark Farang" personally very well, I train and teach in his martial arts club and I have seen the security video cam footage. The video is amazing - it shows every details of the incident. As some already mentioned he is founder of the Boxer Rebellion martial arts club. Thos who don't believe the story are invited to show up at the martial arts club and see the video for themselves and maybe join the training in many different martial arts disciplines.

C (I don't want to mention his full name here) is a professional and he knew very well what he was doing. He disarmed the guy safely, unloaded the gun, tossed the gun far away over a fence and out of reach and safely controlled the guy for 20 minutes until the police finally arrived. That is definitely a job for a well trained professional only.

C has over 20 years training in various martial arts - Krav Maga and Kapap are part of his repertoire of fighting systems but not the end of his story. He also has got broad professional experience with different kind of weapons including guns too. He is a very nice, humble and gentle guy and when you meet him you would never ever guess his background.

Now at those guys who want to talk about martial arts and how good is Muay Thai or Krav Maga and comparing pound for pound fighters... WAKE UP!! This incident is not about a fight in a ring and under controlled conditions and under strict rules! Krav Maga, Kapap and other systems including some weapons systems we teach at the Boxer Rebellion are meant just for self defense - for bare survival on the street. No one would use Krav Maga or a self defense system in an MMA fight - that's nonsense. And on the other hand no MMA oriented style or Muay Thai or BJJ or whatever teaches and trains you how to safely approach a gun wielding thug, disarm him safely, unload the gun safely and then control the guy without smashing him to pieces. Don't compare apples and oranges here. If you want to know more about it then you are kindly invited to join some free test training in the Boxer Rebellion Martial Arts club. We teach and train self defense (mostly Krav Maga), weapons, boxing, Savate (French Kickboxing), Muay Thai, MMA and MMA-oriented ground fighting (BJJ based, shootfighting and wrestling).

Extremely informative post to say the least, :):D:D

Unfortunately i'm sure some will pick fault with it.

Edited by cyb

I am curious to know how a guy could pin down a Thai in Thailand for 20 minutes, without a mob of Thais attacking...

Or did Mr "C" "Use the Force" and use some Jedi mind trick?

Well, the only one bystander attacking C was the thug's girlfriend or wife. According to C she was that close to being knocked out - closer than the criminal himself. C did use very well applied and controlled force to control and when necessary immobilize the guy - no need for C to apply "The Force". C was very well aware of the danger and kept moving with the guy and watching his environment very carefully - and he was constantly moving within sight of the security cams and reminded the guy and bystanders repeatedly about the video cam.

There were many people standing around, many Thais and some farangs and many security guards too - but no one including the security guards did do a dam_n thing - except for the girlfriend or wife of the guy. I think the Thais didn't try to get involved because they were afraid of the gun wielding guy in the first place and they were sort of happy that someone protected the bystanders from an imminent danger and deadly violence. Mind you the guy had a powerful gun (according to C it was a Beretta), fully loaded and ready to shoot - just imagine how much damage one could have made with such a weapon!

If you are seriously interested in knowing more about how C actually controlled the guy for >20 minutes you are kindly invited to join a training session or an introduction at Boxer Rebellion. No need to "Use the Force" or some Jedi mind tricks - just a thorough understanding of body mechanics and stress psychology, good and efficient technique, the right mindset and most importantly hard and regular and good training and instruction for many years to come...

I am curious to know how a guy could pin down a Thai in Thailand for 20 minutes, without a mob of Thais attacking...

Well, the only one bystander attacking C was the thug's girlfriend or wife. According to C she was that close to being knocked out - closer than the criminal himself. C did use very well applied and controlled force to control and when necessary immobilize the guy - no need for C to apply "The Force". C was very well aware of the danger and kept moving with the guy and watching his environment very carefully - and he was constantly moving within sight of the security cams and reminded the guy and bystanders repeatedly about the video cam.

There were many people standing around, many Thais and some farangs and many security guards too - but no one including the security guards did do a dam_n thing - except for the girlfriend or wife of the guy. I think the Thais didn't try to get involved because they were afraid of the gun wielding guy in the first place and they were sort of happy that someone protected the bystanders from an imminent danger and deadly violence. Mind you the guy had a powerful gun (according to C it was a Beretta), fully loaded and ready to shoot - just imagine how much damage one could have made with such a weapon!

If you are seriously interested in knowing more about how C actually controlled the guy for >20 minutes you are kindly invited to join a training session or an introduction at Boxer Rebellion. No need to "Use the Force" or some Jedi mind tricks - just a thorough understanding of body mechanics and stress psychology, good and efficient technique, the right mindset and most importantly hard and regular and good training and instruction for many years to come...

Do you have a website? Can I pay with a credit card? I want to be a hero too. :)

Just out of curiosity, what's it like in another "no-gun" country, Britain? Lots of guns there as well?

I'm not 100% on this, but don't we have the third highest "gun crime rate" behind only South Africa and Columbia? I do remember that the source was a main American media network though.

Yeah, it must have been an American media outlet releasing this data, cause Im sure gun related crimes are much, much, much higher in the States than they are in the UK. Actually the US is probably the highest in the world (in total annual crimes, probably not per capita though)

well Rob, with my athletic figure and propensity for cold beer and good food (is that an oxymoron?), suffice to say I learned along time ago that it's better to feed a pack of soi dogs than try to fight them off.

I never liked fighting so i try to avoid it when possible. (it almost always is)

Once a kaaskop, always a kaaskop; you can't be(come) an ex-kaaskop :D

The moment you read this I'll bet the water is running from your mouth, thinking about a nice piece of Old Amsterdam.... :)

post-13995-1252498180_thumb.jpg Old Amsterdam Cheese

btw: I happen to know a "Blok" family from Uithoorn once...same-same ?

If so, pm me.

LaoPo

How much is that Cheese at present? Any smart idea how to get it here in Thailand without getting fleeced?

I have seen them like 37 years ago but I do not think there was at that time a label on it!

Secondly I was some 24-25 years ago working in Egypt and cheese there (Leiden and Gouda) was cheap.

Also someone had married an Egyptians sister and I spotted them in Cairo of all places chopping slices of a nice piece of Jambon.... (which was Ardenner Ham!). Now waiting for a Frenchmen to come back with Camembert!

Just out of curiosity, what's it like in another "no-gun" country, Britain? Lots of guns there as well?

I'm not 100% on this, but don't we have the third highest "gun crime rate" behind only South Africa and Columbia? I do remember that the source was a main American media network though.

Yeah, it must have been an American media outlet releasing this data, cause Im sure gun related crimes are much, much, much higher in the States than they are in the UK. Actually the US is probably the highest in the world (in total annual crimes, probably not per capita though)

Gun crime in the UK is, I'm sure, pretty low by international standards. It is concentrated in big cities like London and Manchester and unfortunately is associated with gang activity - 'Operation Trident' incidents, Yardies, Eastern European gangs like Albanians. There is also a problem with knife crime, again associated with gang activity and teenage wannabes.

Overall though, the UK is pretty safe I'd say. Your chances of getting shot are far lower than most places.

When I was in the Sub Sub club in Lamai a couple of months ago, there was a fatal shooting which apparently was not an isolated occurrence. Best policy is to steer clear of Thai-Thai disputes methinks.

Edited by MarkyM3

cool story. I would have crapped myself while running for cover.

I have had the misfortune of having had a gun poked in my face ....twice!

Once in a hotel in Kinsale (Co. Cork) where the local thugs robbed the gun case of old unusable firearms! I ws in the bar with a pint when one of them covered me.

The 2nd time was a bit more severe. Bout 15 years ago I was going to my bank and heard a shot (Sceptics.... I shoot so I know the sound). A guy comes running out and sticks the smoking gun in my face... genuinely less than 18 inches. A few well chosen words from him like, "don't move or I'll blow your f**king face off" kept me calm. It is a very weird experience to look a guy in the face (covered) and see his finger on the trigger. His pals ran out to the getaway car and as my "pal" left he blew out the front of the bank. Footnote. The bank staff got 400 euro each and a night out....Me? Not even an apology!

This morning at apx 1030am I was walking out of my condo on soi 13 into what seemed like a Hollywood film set!

Two locals were exchaning ( I speak fluent thai) heavy threats.

One suddenly walks back to his car and takes out mean looking gun!

I automaticly hid behind a power post, women screamed,kids loked mortified.

Can this be Thailand ? I asked myself. Then a tall dark farang appeared. Quite calm, he sneaks up behind the local with the gun, who is now levelling it at the other guys head and does kung-fuey type move!

He takes the gun right off this loser and tosses it over the wall, and holds him until the cops come!

Cool!

What is happening to this city?

so do we talk here about soi 13 sukhumvit in BANGKOK or soi 13 in Pattaya or where? sorry, maybe a stupid question and I liked that story too....but i know about 3 soi 13 in Phuket too :D

btw. guess you are a thin guy, I never can hide behind a power post :)

Use your brain. One Thai guy was pointing a gun at the other Thai guy, so I'm pretty sure everyone saw who the bad guy was. While you may like to hate on Thailand and believe every Thai views a farang like a KKK member views a black person, it's just not so.

I have heard from friends about seeing guns being pulled and luckily I have never been there to see it. But a friend of mine told me he saw someone pull one out and start threatening someone on Param 4... I wasn't there and don't know the details, but I wonder how many guns are there floating around here?

Sweet. I've been looking for somewhere to learn Savate

A better comparison with Thailand would be Brazil or Columbia IMO.

I've lived in all three and can tell you that Thailand has NOTHING on Colombia and some parts of Brazil, when it comes to guns. Those two South American countries are WELL armed. Thailand has a bunch of wanna be gangsters, who wouldn't last an hour with real trigger happy thugs in parts of Latin America.

Use your brain. One Thai guy was pointing a gun at the other Thai guy, so I'm pretty sure everyone saw who the bad guy was. While you may like to hate on Thailand and believe every Thai views a farang like a KKK member views a black person, it's just not so.

Use my brain....

I did, and I can imagine people walked by that had not seen the Thai "maphiaso" pointing a gun at someone.... Try to use your brain, a challenge I am sure, but try to imagine how many people could walk by within 20 minutes on a soi in BKK...

@Wuffy

If you are looking for a place to learn and/or train Savate you are definitely at the right place at soi 13. The Savate instructor there is Dominique Fontanarosa - he is a great guy and an excellent teacher. Dominique is a former professional fighter. In Savate he achieved a professional record of 76 wins and 6 losses; in 1993 he was crowned World Champion.

@Dakhar

May I suggest you come by at Boxer Rebellion and someone there can demonstrate you how to control a bad guy safely and you might get a chance to look at the video footage from the security camera. There you will see that many people were walking up and down the soi and staring at what happened there. All your questions and doubts will be answered once and for all. After that you don't need to speculate and ridicule this very serious situation by posting questions about "The Force" and "Jedi mind tricks" - I'm sorry but these kind of questions of yours somehow understandably provoked someone to encourage you to think a bit more seriously.

Edited by TallForeigner

[... a tall dark farang appeared. Quite calm, he sneaks up behind the local with the gun, who is now levelling it at the other guys head and does kung-fuey type move!

He takes the gun right off this loser and tosses it over the wall, and holds him until the cops come!

... the police arrive and arrest the farang for assaulting a Thai and stealing his property, and for being a foreigner on a sunny day.

:)