Andrew Drummond Vs. John Le Ferve

Mai Krap

Its been a interesting week in the news. First there was the horrible story of the woman being mugged who has passed and now comes A war of words and possible law suit between Andrew Drummond and John Le Ferve.

While I'm not the biggest fan of Le Ferve as his writing is sometimes off in my opinion he is a boots on the ground journalist who has certainly been down the road. His recent photos even if people disagree with them certainly show he was on the scene at the recent story which has now turned into a public feud with Andrew Drummond who was not on the scene of that story.

Andrew Drummond has written a very accusatory posting on his blog which had to be edited (available in cache) and now Andrew Drummond is quoted as stating he received news from the Malaysian Press that John Le Ferve has "Psychiatric Problems" on his blog.

people who should know about this man do now and that a report from the Malaysian press states medically that he has psychiatric problems.

This is the most interesting story in Thailand for me at the moment, anyone else watching?

footnote link to quote

http://www.andrew-drummond.com/2009/09/05/...as-thaivisacom/

• Like 1

I find it is a sad situation, when people are feuding. They have an argument and I can only hope they can work it out before it gets nastier.

I don't want to take sides in this feud, but would like to remind that John le Fevre was in the past connected to Thaivisa, although for a short time. I'm not closing this thread now, but keep the topic serious. We don't want to get involved in an exchange of accusations or insults against either.

As I have met John Le Fevre in person myself, I will offer my opinion, which is that he's as normal as the next guy. If Andrew Drummond has a bone to pick he should be more professional about how he does it.

I didn't want to comment but your post changed my mind.

I never met John le Fevre nor Andrew Drummond and I suppose they're both nice Gentlemen.

However, it's not done nor chique to mention about another collegue that "......and that a report from the Malaysian press states medically that he has psychiatric problems.".

Apart from how the Malaysian press would know such a thing or that they wrote a report themselves (as it's written that way) about a Falang, it is below the belt to write such things on your own weblog.

Not done and below the belt Mr. Drummond, even in the case if it would be true.

NOBODY is allowed to mention about the private medical history of someone else, whether false or true and whether by foreign press sources or not and it's certainly not done if one publishes so, unknowingly, if it's correct.

That's nasty and ugly reporting ! :)

LaoPo

Lest your innate hysteria gets the better of you Lao Po I suggest you google Le Fevre's current website snapshot which still portrays a photograph of the poor woman seconds after the assault.

Once you have done that perhaps you will truly understand what ugly reporting really means.

yes they are shocking but no more so that what is shown every day in the thai news papers.

Oh well, that's all right then, as long as they meet the standard set by the Thai newspapers.

Drummond does sometimes seem to get himself quite heated about things that don't really seem worth it. (I can never understand why he's so bothered about ThaiVisa). In this case he may have overstepped the boundaries of professional etiquette, but it's difficult to find much sympathy for LeFevre. The way that he first erroneously reported the poor lady's death and then approached the family were hardly professional. That, plus the pictures, means he's set himself up for whatever flak comes his way.

Edited by KhaoNiaw

Sounds like it's a dog eat dog world for independent English language journalists in Thailand. Only so many stories to go around about a country the outside world isn't really interested in. I don't wanna see the turf war over the Thai School Ladyboy Toilet story.

Lest your innate hysteria gets the better of you Lao Po I suggest you google Le Fevre's current website snapshot which still portrays a photograph of the poor woman seconds after the assault.

Once you have done that perhaps you will truly understand what ugly reporting really means.

Speaking about innate hysteria; you invented it :)

I objected that Drummond mentioned on his own public blog that le Fevre supposedly had "psychiatric problems", reported by Malaysian press.

It's not done and disgusting, mentioning someone's private health situation on an open forum, whether a lie or not.

And, do NOT mix one topic with the other if you speak about the website snapshot and NO, thank you, I have no intention whatsoever to look at photos of the poor woman who died after she was assaulted. It's sad and tragic enough.

I'm not such an innate hysterical person like you, watching such photos.

LaoPo

This seems to be getting in to a thread where people only post their like or dislike of on of the 2 journalists. We don't want to add to thew conflict and don't fee it proper to have a thead where people state their like or dislike of soemone. There for this topic is closed.