True Adsl On-off-on In Bkk

opalhort

• 4 weeks later...

I regularly have issues with True, where it turns itself off and then reconnects again, or quite often has a "connection" but won't actually load sites etc. I'm assuming during these times that True are messing with something and usually it returns to normal within a few hours.

Chris

I have noticed a real deterioration in True the last month or so. I have so-called high speed DSL, but there are now times during the day that pages just stop loading for 5, 10 minutes or more. I have also had the issue with the model needing to be reprogrammed. I have a Billion modem and you need to type in true.true and reinstall if it just stops working period.

anybody experienced outages on TRUE ADSL in BKK the late afternoon early evening?

Have there been again rainstorms in the inner city or do I have a problem with my line.

I'm now using dial-up.

opalhort

I have the true 8mb plan in Bangkok with usually ok service for the last week or so the connection stops and starts very frustrating.

Hopefully they will soon fix the situation.

I've got the basic el-cheapo package and not having any problems at all. I'm connected at least 12 hours a day, no interruptions.

Metisdead,

I notice that you are in Minburi perhaps the lines are newer out there with less users and that could help?

I've got the basic el-cheapo package and not having any problems at all. I'm connected at least 12 hours a day, no interruptions.

Metisdead,

I notice that you are in Minburi perhaps the lines are newer out there with less users and that could help?

I don't know about newer lines, the house is in an older mooban, I got the basic package when it was originally introduced, I forget how long ago that was now. My neighbor has the 8 MB package and he's always whingeing about slowness of his connection.

Metisdead,

I don't know about newer lines, the house is in an older mooban, I got the basic package when it was originally introduced, I forget how long ago that was now. My neighbor has the 8 MB package and he's always whingeing about slowness of his connection.

Very interesting I also have the 8mb package, and like your neighbor am not happy - Could it be package specific?

I doubt it, but I wonder...

Could to know as I may one day move out to Minburi mainly for school for our kids.

• 3 weeks later...

Metisdead,

Hi

@Metisdead; hows the speed availability at Minburi ?

I moving in mid January, already got a house, not far from Minburi, abit up above the panya Golf course,, at Bang Chan. north-west from Minburi.

Its not crowded there, and Im looking forward to sign up to the fastes True that is available there. Its actually some rice-fields at some places around the community there. I hope its not too far from the lines... but it is quite new.

Do you know if its possible to get more Upload speed than 1 MBps, as they state on the True website? (premium pack)

I read a note in June about the internet connection in/out of thailand (international) was about to boost in August, a new or better optical connection to be connected.

Have you noticed any changes? (I left Thai August 1st)

thanks for any info.

brgds Thomas