Howards Mob On Uk Tv

wcr

How is JJ a loser?

The punk just made 35,000 baht to do a 5,000 baht fix.

If I were him, I'd be changing his beach sign to say "As seen on TV" and T-shirts for sale with a slogan that says "Don't run...trust me".

He is just one of the "Beach Boy Mafia" that work up and down Phuket's beaches, and they make more money that you renting crappy jet skis and drinking beer on the beach.

Who was the loser again?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Royal Marine, who seemed to have lost his tongue and backed down like a tropical sunset is a disgrace to the Royal Marines. Surely if you rent a jet-ski you should look it over with the owner before hiring it and take some digital photos as proof of its pre-rental condition.

I have no sympathy for farang drug users and dealers in Thailand, it's just a pity that the Thaksin 'cull' didn't apply to farangs as well.

And the drunken Australian boy, he should have been arrested for being drunk and verbally abusive by the Thai Police who would not have put up with that kind of behaviour; unlike our 'soft' Volunteers.

But very entertaining, thanks for sharing the links. :)

That Royal Marine, who seemed to have lost his tongue and backed down like a tropical sunset is a disgrace to the Royal Marines. Surely if you rent a jet-ski you should look it over with the owner before hiring it and take some digital photos as proof of its pre-rental condition.

I have no sympathy for farang drug users and dealers in Thailand, it's just a pity that the Thaksin 'cull' didn't apply to farangs as well.

And the drunken Australian boy, he should have been arrested for being drunk and verbally abusive by the Thai Police who would not have put up with that kind of behaviour; unlike our 'soft' Volunteers.

But very entertaining, thanks for sharing the links. :)

The Thai Police were there, monitoring the case as they always do. These sorts of cases they leave up to us to decide what should be done. I am clearly not the same as you "Syd" or whatever your name is. I would rather help someone and not just make sure they are thrown in jail. Have you ever been in a Thai Jail.....no, didn't think so. I would wish the experience on no one, not even my worst enemy. However if he had become violent I would have recommended to the Thai Officer that he should be incarcarated.

Edited by hm1973

These sorts of cases they leave up to us to decide what should be done. I am clearly not the same as you "Syd" or whatever your name is. I would rather help someone and not just make sure they are thrown in jail. Have you ever been in a Thai Jail.....no, didn't think so. I would wish the experience on no one, not even my worst enemy. However if he had become violent I would have recommended to the Thai Officer that he should be incarcarated.

I've never been in a Thai jail and hope I never will. I have suffered for six days in an Egyptian jail for bad behaviour and it did me the world of good.

Perhaps a similar length spell in a Pattaya cell would put this young Australian on the straight and narrow: A 'short sharp shock'.

Anyway, your worst enemies can't be that bad Howard, eh! :)

I am new to Thailand and have been warned to avoid any type of confrontation with the Thais. Having watched this programme, I was surprised by the sergeant's approach to the Thai man. Do you feel the sergeant handled this situation correctly, or, should he have called the police?

Just finished watching it and have to say I was pretty impressed with the Police volunteers. I've read a lot on TV regarding these PV's and a large amount of it is fairly negative, my first impression of them though is the complete opposite. As for comments about their uniform which comes up regularly, I actually think it looks quite smart and certainly not scary or intimidating as I've heard it described.

That Royal Marine sergant was really a disgrace. First he pumps himself all up but in the end he ends up agreeing to 35,000. I'm sure an organization that big and important to the Thai economy must have contact officers with their Thai counterparts who could sort this out, if necessary with Thai Police. What a disgrace.

I am new to Thailand and have been warned to avoid any type of confrontation with the Thais. Having watched this programme, I was surprised by the sergeant's approach to the Thai man. Do you feel the sergeant handled this situation correctly, or, should he have called the police?

In my opinion he handled it wrong, he simply tried to match his level of agression with JJ's which would never have gotten him anywhere despite how hard he tried to get his boys a discount.

"QUOTE (madjbs @ 2009-09-08 22:19:03) *

That Howard guy did a remarkably good job considering some of the idiots he had to cope with. Nothing like the type of person the forum warriors would have you believe.

It just goes to show....don't believe everything you read on the internet. I always live by the following rule: I NEVER judge anyone unless I have FIRST hand information on them and can be COMPLETELY sure I can accuse them of something based on the FIRST hand information received."

..and you think if you see a movie you get "first hand information" ?????

you really seem to be one of these clever guys who do believe that what they see on TV is real .....

Last night I watched a new TV series starting on UK TV. It does not show Thailand in a good light, and serves as a huge warning to all who go there on holiday. The hour long programmes hold no punches.

Last night showed 6 Royal Navy personel getting ripped off in Phuket with the jetski scam. The owner bought out a gun and threatened all of them with it to get his 44000B. The cheif of Naval Police (UK) turned up and had a big face to face barny with the owner saying why is it you only get damage done when my boys take out your jetski's. And called him a thief to his face. Anyway they ended up paying 33000B.

Then there was the full moon parties. All about drugs and a young English girl who was done for having weed on her. They also featured 2 TPV's, one English lady and one American lady. Head of the TPV's was the English lady. They both seemed real nice and caring people. Helping those who were worse for wear and rendering first aid. Also the British Consular was filmed giving advice to prisoners about paying bond over and saying a lot without compromising himself. There was talk of police corruption and how you can pay your way out of everything.

Then they switched to Pattaya and HM + tribe :) And what a difference compared to the first showing of the TPV's! Shots of them marching up and down WS, patroling in an electric car with flashing lights, jumping out of same to find a Thai foodseller who was selling drugs. Dealing with a drunken Aussie who had been assulted. Complete difference to the first lady TPV.

The series continues next week.

i have just seen the jetski rip off clip on Thai TV news

JJ has been arrested and is behind bars where he belongs

not only farangs watch farang TV then.........

I just watched the whole of the first episode, thanks to Monty's link and help with torrents. :)

Nothing that happened either in Phuket or Pattaya surprises me in the least. In fact I suspect it is the "tip of the iceberg', judging by the almost daily reports in the press, and from farangs of their increasingly unpleasant experiences at the hands of certain sections of the Thai Mafia.

I have no desire to stir up a hornet's nest, but to those who say that it put's Howard's mob in a new light I can only say that it would, wouldn't it?

Howard and his mob have clearly cooperated in the making of this documentary, and for all we know may have had some editorial control over the footage, or at least the right to review footage prior to transmission.

I'm not suggesting that if the cameras were not present he would have behaved any different, but let's keep a sense of prospective here about the merits or otherwise of having untrained foreigners, masquerading as cops, strutting around Walking Street in "blackshirt" uniforms. This programme has been made with the help and cooperation of the TPV's (or whatever they are called), in fact without their tacit approval, I doubt it could have been made at all.

Some of you may recall a recent incident when an innocent punter was filming Howard (without permission) in Walking Street and had a very unpleasant experience.

No doubt Howard will have his own comments to make here :D

Good news! Lets hope it costs him a lot more than 35,000 baht now.. :)

Unfortunately, in Thailand, it is probably bad news.

He will more than capable of taking care of himself in jail, and as soon as the dust has settled, he will probably be quietly released, and be back on the beach scamming more foreigners.

My guess is that his recent run in with the documentary makers, will make him more wary about letting himself be filmed, and he will probably be even more aggressive in his scams and treatments of 'marks' in the future. He clearly has a hatred of farangs, and would have little compunction in hurting or even killing one.

He probably has partners in the BIB

And apparently he has been refused bail.

The governor of Phuket has called a meeting between cops and jetski operators, and has even mooted to ban them altogether on the island.

Serves them well :)

A very entertaining documentary, cant wait for the next installment. Dont think it will harm Thailand even a little bit, actually think it could be good for tourism in the long run if it prevents tourist from getting into these kinds of situations. Personally I think the Navy Officer was a disgrace and obviously hasnt got a clue about how to speak to Thai people. He should not have been called in to deal with this situation, he made JJ even more angry and didnt really help the young marine anyway.

This scam also exists in Pattaya when business is slow.

Barry

doesn't have to be slow, Barry, my mother goes to the beach every day and theres not a week goes past without her reporting some financially based altercation or other between the jet ski operators and foreign renters

its so commonplace that she does not even mention it anymore unless they have actually come to blows or the police and/or an ambulance has had to be called to the scene

its become just another day in paradise for her.........

I'm not sure I'd call the Marine Seargant a disgrace but he didn't handle the situation very well, it was right of him to stand up for his squaddie, who wouldn't want to be backed up when confronted by a con man??

This JJ nob head needs someone to teach him a lesson, he's the worst advert for Thailand and its beautiful beaches, my blood was boiling watching him, such arrogance!

If the situation wasn't being filmed I would've fancied an altercation and wouldn't that have been fun to watch, JJ would've been crushed, I'm quite certain, and his mates would've run like scared dogs.

All this documentary needs to teach tourists is that Thailand is a corrupt country, that seems to be the only 'real' problem...

That Howard guy did a remarkably good job considering some of the idiots he had to cope with. Nothing like the type of person the forum warriors would have you believe.

Anybody can behave like a proper lady or gentleman when they know their actions are being scrutinized. To me there's simply no denying that dressing in pure black uniforms, strapping a small hardware store supply of weaponry to your body, and strutting 5-6 abreast down Walking Street isn't good for anyone.

I just watched the whole of the first episode, thanks to Monty's link and help with torrents. :)

Nothing that happened either in Phuket or Pattaya surprises me in the least. In fact I suspect it is the "tip of the iceberg', judging by the almost daily reports in the press, and from farangs of their increasingly unpleasant experiences at the hands of certain sections of the Thai Mafia.

I have no desire to stir up a hornet's nest, but to those who say that it put's Howard's mob in a new light I can only say that it would, wouldn't it?

Howard and his mob have clearly cooperated in the making of this documentary, and for all we know may have had some editorial control over the footage, or at least the right to review footage prior to transmission.

I'm not suggesting that if the cameras were not present he would have behaved any different, but let's keep a sense of prospective here about the merits or otherwise of having untrained foreigners, masquerading as cops, strutting around Walking Street in "blackshirt" uniforms. This programme has been made with the help and cooperation of the TPV's (or whatever they are called), in fact without their tacit approval, I doubt it could have been made at all.

Some of you may recall a recent incident when an innocent punter was filming Howard (without permission) in Walking Street and had a very unpleasant experience.

No doubt Howard will have his own comments to make here :D

I saw that and don't think the FTP over reacted. In fact if someone was filming me, I wouldn't be best pleased about it, I think HM handled that situation well.

I agree that the uniform is a little over the top... Surely a white Polo Shirt with Foreign Tourist Police, Here to Help... Or something similar would give off a better message.

I for one have not seen any evidence of any wrong doing by the FTP and believe for the most part they do well. It has to be difficult, being stuck in the middle while assisting a police force well known for its corruption.

do you brits really say "fooket"?

Not everyone speaks the Queen's English

Ph spoken as an f is common enough: pharmacy, philosophy, phallus -

now had you meant as in fornicate the UK must have more dialects than anywhere else,

do you really understand two Scots chatting together, or Newcastle, even Brummie?

it just seemed strange that the voiceover person said "fooket". you would think they would make sure he used the thai pronunciation for posterity.

The other word mispronounced throughout the show was YAH BAH - methamphetamine.

They pronounced it YABA as in Fred Flintstone's YABADABADOO! but it should have a long vowel sound (the vowel in YAH and BAH should sound like the English 'car'). :)