Need Adivce

djsyme

suprise suprise I have met a thai girl ,she is not a bar girl,but at unversity,we have been speaking on msn for a bit ,then we met ... all really good .Now back in the uk ,what can I do ??what is the right way to go about either her coming here or me going there?? Can anybody give me advice ,someone that has gone through the same thing would be good .We are the same age and want to do this for the right reasons .Please help .Thanks

You need to provide more information...

i.e. Do you have a job, own home, etc. - Does she have money in the bank, property, wealthy parents, etc. - and what are your intentions. (i.e. getting married etc.)

If you've got no plans to get married in the near future it will always be easier for you to visit her in Thailand, because you don't need a Visa for a 30 day stay, and a tourist visa for a longer stay is pretty much a matter of filling in the application. - However, without a job in Thailand, you can only stay if you get married, and even then, you need a source of income to prove you can support her when you go to immigration to get a permit to stay after the first 3 months...

For the UK - she would have to get a Visa, which for a tourist visa, is dependant on the interviewing officer's impression of her. - i.e. money in the bank to finance the trip (or wealthy parents), property in Thailand (or other reason to come back) - all make things easier. If you're providing funds for a holiday, they start wondering if you're simply trying to avoid paying for a settlement visa, although the change in rules for foreigners marrying in the UK might make that less of an issue. Also which University she goes to would probably affect the interviewing officers opinion of whether she'll come back. (i.e. Chulalongkorn good, Ramkamhaeng, not so good...)

If you want to get married - it actually gets easier, so long as you have enough income to support both of you "without recourse to public funds" (i.e. you're not on the dole), and a place for you both to live (which can simply be a room in your parent's house)

Edited by bkk_mike

suprise suprise I have met a thai girl ,she is not a bar girl,but at unversity,we have been speaking on msn for a bit ,then we met ... all really good .Now back in the uk ,what can I do ??what is the right way to go about either her coming here or me going there?? Can anybody give me advice ,someone that has gone through the same thing would be good .We are the same age and want to do this for the right reasons .Please help .Thanks

i think that is you simon,

i hope you get some help from this web site.

good luck i hope you get things sorted aall the best.