Life Imprisonment For Pakistani Heroin Smuggler

george

Life imprisonment for Pakistani heroin smuggler

BANGKOK: -- A Pakistani national was today sentenced to life imprisonment for smuggling one kilogram of heroin into the country last August.

Caught only after an x-ray revealed the presence of the drugs in his stomach, Mr. Saeed Areef, 34, hoped to escape detection when he swallowed the heroin in bags before boarding a flight from Lahore to Bangkok.

But immigration officials were given a tip-off, and took Mr. Areef to hospital to be examined when they failed to find any drugs in his possession.

The Criminal Court handed out the death sentence to Mr. Areef, but reduced it to life imprisonment in the light of his confession.

--TNA 2005-03-16

But immigration officials were given a tip-off, and took Mr. Areef to hospital to be examined when they failed to find any drugs in his possession.

The Criminal Court handed out the death sentence to Mr. Areef, but reduced it to life imprisonment in the light of his confession.

What confession? They didn't find drugs on him..so x rayed him...and found drugs in his stomach....Its' not like he could say "Its' not mine! :o "....

Bringing heroin INTO thailand??? :o  :D not taking it OUT of thailand?? :D  :D

Reminds me of my British grandmother used to have some saying about bringing coal to Newcastle (or something like that.... sorry Grandma if I messed it up)

Is it sellin' coals to Newcastle?

Either way he was a bit of a silly boy wasn't he.