'english' Style Donner Kebabs In Bangkok

MyNameMe

Hi,

I'm looking for a good old greasy only eat when you're drunk 'English' style donner kebab in Bangkok. I've tried one place in silom, but its really expensive. I want somewhere in Sukhumvit if possible but willing to try other places if needed.

I've tried about 10 different kebab shops now but the normally give me a chicken kebab or beef kebab not donner kebab.

Anyone know of a good place to go?

MNM

post-45355-1252470226_thumb.png

Only us Brits enjoy a donna though I must admit I've gone off them since living outside of the uK. I prefer a good shawrma, real meat. I do miss the creamy garlic sauce that I normally would get with a donna in the UK

Only you Brits huh?

:)

Are you sure about that?

As you probably know, the donner kebab is not from England, and it has spread around the globe, to the delight of many people that happen to not be Brits.

:D

To the OP, yes as one member said, Sukhumvit, soi 3 in BKK has a variety of those.

Been eating there a lot.

To the OP, yes as one member said, Sukhumvit, soi 3 in BKK has a variety of those.

Been eating there a lot.

Not English! next you'll be telling me curry isn't traditional English fayre, they don't sell a real English pitta bread donner stuffed with ground up lamb smothered in garlic sauce and my favourite topped off with chips complemented with a cold can of lager. one thing I must admit I miss, had something resembling in Kl before but on kiddy style portions and not a hint of garlic sauce.

Anybody finding a place will be my hero for life.

Remember, in Soi 3 there are also a lot of restaurants that serve this as well.

Not only the vendors outside.

Sometimes easier to get it made how you like it, when in a restaurant, as they often have most of the ingredients.

Please skip The Nana area, as one of the members here mentioned.

Even though I believe it was for other reasons he puked.

Never found a true Donner Kebab in soi 3 or elsewhere. It is all Shawarma.

The only place that I found that did the proper Donner meat was IBO the turkish restaurant but i think its closed or at least removed itself from chefxp and foodbyphone.