British Tourist Dies In Chiang Mai

george

British tourist dies in Chiang Mai

CHIANG MAI: -- A British tourist died of unknown cause Wednesday morning while travelling in Chiang Mai with his Thai girlfriend, police said.

He was identified as Richard James, 33.

His girlfriend, Praweenuch Khahamuk, 33, told police that she woke up at 7 am to find that her boyfriend had already died.

She said she and James owned a restaurant in Mae Hong Son's Pai district and the two traveled to Chiang Mai and checked in a the Sri Phum House guesthouse Tuesday.

She said James drank beer and went to sleep before she found him dead.

His body was sent for an autopsy at the Chiang Mai provincial hospital.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009-09-09

So, what is the point of the post, George?

Point is ,........ just wanna know what the poor chap died of ...??? What caused his obvious sudden death as nothing is clearly reported for a change ...? ...33 years old and doesn't make it through the night ..? Yeah, so many things have hapened in the past year and never any conclusions therafter. From the death of the fiancee girl and then her neighbor in the next room the next day, that of course everybody lost interest in after a couple of days and umpteen pages of back and forth assumptions on TV, to the many other strange deaths since then that have not and probably will never be clearly explained or clarified.

So Hopefully one day posting these strange deaths here on TV WILL eventually give us all some insight as to what , why and who causes these unfortunate tragedies ... It could help us all down the road ... Why are all these strange happenings just left hi and dry without any proper finality to them ... Please do correct my grammar though cause I know for sure that I have faulted along the lines here at one point or another ...

TSDS Thailand sudden death syndrome ?

no doubt Thailand can be dangerous. Yesterday about 11:15 am on the highway going north to Mae Rim I watched two Thai guys riding a motorbike get hit by a Honda CRV. One of the guys nearly went thru the cars windshield. Both motorbike riders dead and aside from some white spray paint on the road to show the body locations and car/bike location then business as usual.

Be careful on the roads and especially on the road to Mae Rim in front of the military reservations. I have seen quite a accidents on that stretch. When your driving around look for the white lines the police make for accident investigation. When you see a body outline then guess what that means. I see those all the time around CM.

I think its good to learn about deaths/injuries in CM because it helps us avoid dangerous situations by being made aware of them.

How can he be a tourist and own a restaurant in Thailand.

It`s all behind the scenes stuff and who knows what they`re in to, or what sort of crowds they get involved with here.

I assume that your first line is a question, in spite of the lack of question mark ("?"). My guess is that he was in Thailand on a tourist visa :)

/ Priceless

I thought that was worth posting as did george; many expats in Thailand, and it is of interest.

Obviously Mapguy thought it wasn't, but why the smart ar$e comment?? Seems like a case of immaturity to me Mapguy, and a little sensitivity would be better received than a half witted attempt at being funny.

Here's a tip. It's better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you're an idiot instead of opening it and confirming their thoughts!!

I think it's sad that somebody/anybody dies at 33, regardless of the circumstances. He more than likely has surviving family, and it will be a tough time for them; a mother and father somewhere without a son, and siblings who have lost their brother. That they may not establish the circumstances with any certainty will be distressing for them.

Edited by F4UCorsair

jackr, thanks for the support against this clown.

It seems that "So what is the point of your post, what point are you making", etc., are smart ar$e comments made by dickheads who have nothing to contribute but want to appear smart.

The more I think about this poor guy, dying at 33, the more inappropriate I think the stupid post was.

Perhaps giving some thought to what you are about to post Mapguy, if you are capable of rational thought, would be in order before posting again!! Speculation on the cause of his death is also unnecessary, regardless of how easy it is to get drugs, and thanks Shah Jahan for a little information.

As a parent who lost a daughter at that same age, I found Mapguy's comment unnecessary, inappropriate, unfunny, offensive, and just plain stupid. Imagine how his family would feel if they saw the post.

Just in case you missed it, here it is again

It's better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you're an idiot instead of opening it and confirming their thoughts!!

Edited by F4UCorsair

Richard wasnt a tourist. he lived here for sometime. they had some bungalows up on a hill.

him and his girlfriend were gentle people. not sure what happened.

RIP

Glad somebody knows what they are talking about here--thank you, Shah Jahan for enlightening us all and, hopefully, putting a stop to the endless bullshit/ speculation--I like the insinuation that he was a methadone overdose case--this one was really sensitive!

Incidentally, I agree that Mapguy's input was also somewhat unnecessary.

How can he be a tourist and own a restaurant in Thailand.

It`s all behind the scenes stuff and who knows what they`re in to, or what sort of crowds they get involved with here.

I assume that your first line is a question, in spite of the lack of question mark ("?"). My guess is that he was in Thailand on a tourist visa :)

/ Priceless

He was from Pai - tourist in Chiang Mai.

RIP.

Oh dear here we go again. What makes people think they could possibly have something to add on a case they know NOTHING about?

Oh wait.. Just realized the forum I'm on.

Agreed

And while I accept Mapguys post was not helpful and that he is not flavour of the month with some people in TV. let's be fair. There are other posters who have made remarks but, correctly, have not been hanged drawn and quartered for doing so.

Speculative nonsense. Skinnygoat suggesting methadone, Boho questioning a motive, Sassienie talking about the crowds they get involved with.

As you say just realised the forum I am on.

If there is a problem with a post then, as the mods have requested, report it. Don't flame a particular member

Mapguy makes contentious posts after he has had more than a few IMO, then he never comes back to see the results of his postings ...which is more than likely because he can't remember making the post.

Check out how many posts he makes in daylight hours, or even before midnight.

Edited by ThaiPauly

I thought that was worth posting as did george; many expats in Thailand, and it is of interest.

Obviously Mapguy thought it wasn't, but why the smart ar$e comment?? Seems like a case of immaturity to me Mapguy, and a little sensitivity would be better received than a half witted attempt at being funny.

Here's a tip. It's better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you're an idiot instead of opening it and confirming their thoughts!!

I think it's sad that somebody/anybody dies at 33, regardless of the circumstances. He more than likely has surviving family, and it will be a tough time for them; a mother and father somewhere without a son, and siblings who have lost their brother. That they may not establish the circumstances with any certainty will be distressing for them.

I for one am interested in hearing about farangs in CM that make the news. It's a small enough community that I may have met them, and if not, I still am interested in hearing about the tragedies, and triumphs, of fellow farangs. Thanks for the post George.

So, what is the point of the post, George?

Cold as ice.

More to the point, <deleted> is the point of your inane post! Would you have made it if the lad were your son, grandson, brother, nephew, friend?...

Cold as ice? Hardly. The poor guy. But look at this thread a bit more. It was easy to see what was coming.

Many of the posts are like crying over the obit pages of a newspaper. This unfortunate death happened to blown up into a short article, but for no particular purpose, apparently, than it happened to be a young foreigner.

How such a post is useful other than for awakening idle speculation is really beyond me, so I stick by my original post: What's the point of the post? We are all certainly concerned about our mortality, but --- at least from several months of reading TV Chiang Mai --- it seems that most people who post on TV Chiang Mai are definitely not in danger of dieing at an unseemly young age!

What's the point of the post?

Certainly more point to it then your posts. Some forum members or even family members may wish to know what happened and why and look towards TV for more information, it's called a News article for a reason. Enough bickering anyway, what's the point. :)