Flying Bkk To Cnx

wjmark

Hi,

I am arriving Bkk from Canada at 10:30 am Wednesday June 23.

Should I prebook my flight to CNX for about 2:00pm - hoping than my first flight is not late, or is it easy and cheap enough to just buy a ticket at Suvanabhumi (sp!).

Then maybe I can manage an earlier flight...

And who is the best carrier to fly Bkk to Cnx.

Thanks everybody, Mark

ps - not carrying much luggage...

Edited by wjmark

Mate,

In my opinion, book your flight with Bangkok Airways. They are fantastic.

In the past 5 years, all my internal flights have been with Bangkok Airways, and I have never had a problem. This includes 1 instance where I had booked the cheapest flight they have, and after finishing an appointment early, I rocked out to the airport early hoping to get an earlier flight to Koh Samui. No problems, no extra fees, just great service.

Another problem they were great with was when I booked a flight with my credit card from Aus. I then changed to another credit card issuer, and cancelled the credit card I booked with. I completely forgot all about this, arrived at the airport innocently. They said they may have to charge me again for the ticket, but after about 10 mins talking to supervisors and so on, they came back with the old saying, mai pen rai. I love it.

Good luck!

If you are not arriving until next June and don't think you'll be traveling with heavy bags, you ought to keep watching for AirAsia sales and see if you can't snag a ticket for less than 500 baht.

C'mon. You must know that when I say June, I mean September!

But I do like the 500 baht bit...

Back in two weeks. Thanks,

Mark

Yes, of course we all knew when you said June you meant September, how silly of anyone to think otherwise.

Book ahead. If you are traveling from Canada on Thai Airways and continuing to Chiang Mai with Thai you can not only check your baggage through, you can also have your boarding pass for the BKK-CNX issued when you check in in Canada. Just pass through Immigration in Bangkok and stroll on down to the Domestic Departure gate, collect your baggage in the International Arrivals hall in Chiang Mai.

BTW, TG departs BKK for CNX at 1240 daily. Should be plenty of time to connect.

Yes, of course we all knew when you said June you meant September, how silly of anyone to think otherwise.

Book ahead. If you are traveling from Canada on Thai Airways and continuing to Chiang Mai with Thai you can not only check your baggage through, you can also have your boarding pass for the BKK-CNX issued when you check in in Canada. Just pass through Immigration in Bangkok and stroll on down to the Domestic Departure gate, collect your baggage in the International Arrivals hall in Chiang Mai.

BTW, TG departs BKK for CNX at 1240 daily. Should be plenty of time to connect.

Lots of silly people around - I don't know why they don't understand me!

btw - I am traveling on Cathay Pacific, but I wouldn't want to check my luggage straight through to CNX anyways. The last time I came straight through, customs ripped everything apart. I had cleared customs easily in BKK, but my luggage had been 'misplaced' and when it came the next day CNX had a field-day with it (even though it had cleared in BKK the day before).

I think they were looking for 'taxable' goods! Never had a problem at BKK (never really have anything of value anyways...)

But thanks, I just booked the TG 12:40 flight today (I assume when you said 1240, you meant 12:40!).

But thanks, I just booked the TG 12:40 flight today (I assume when you said 1240, you meant 12:40!).

Actually, when I said 1240 I meant 1240. This is the 24 hour time format used by most airlines when giving departure and arrival times.

Here is an example.......

SERVICE FROM TO DEPART ARRIVE

-------------- ------------------- --------------------- -------- -------

THAI AIRWAYS INTL - TG 434

WED 29JUL JAKARTA ID BANGKOK TH 1235 1605

NON STOP SOEKARNO HATTA INTL SUVARNABHUMI INTL

EQUIPMENT:BOEING 777-300

Actually, when I said 1240 I meant 1240. This is the 24 hour time format used by most airlines when giving departure and arrival times.

Here is an example.......

SERVICE FROM TO DEPART ARRIVE

-------------- ------------------- --------------------- -------- -------

THAI AIRWAYS INTL - TG 434

WED 29JUL JAKARTA ID BANGKOK TH 1235 1605

NON STOP SOEKARNO HATTA INTL SUVARNABHUMI INTL

EQUIPMENT:BOEING 777-300

Learn something new everyday! And what did I learn? Blinky can't be caught on grammatical stuff, no matter how hard people try.