Those with pr status

Given the changes which are currently happening, is anybody aware of any effect on people who already have PR status for Thailand?

Hi Alanw,

I don't have any problems with that one yet.

And had my extended at the local Police Station for another 5 years.

::o:

Dear Kan Win,

Thanks for reply. I've had PR for about 8 years, my 5 year local police registration expires in about 2 years.

To be honest, I'm wondering whether there might be any different attitudes to people with PR, considering that there seems to be quite a few changes to other forms of visa.

In fact last week I had to have my PR book reissued because it was full (I live in BKK, but travel the whole Asia region continuously for work).  This is the second time i've had it replaced, because it was full:

- The first time, roughly two years ago, it was replaced 'while you wait', and free

-  Last week I took my almost full PR book to Immigration HQ and discovered that there is now a 7 working days process time, plus a reissue fee of 3,800 Baht. The 7 days was explained as the time needed to reinvestigate my 'personal situation'.

Hence, I'm wondering how much things might have changed for those of us with PR.  The item which is mostly on my mind is whether an annual process might be started whereby PR people might have to prove:

- Minimum of 400,000 Baht in a local bank

- A certain level of monthly income

- That tax has been paid on the income (including local bank interest).

If I come across any further substantive information, then I'll post it here.

On a different note, do you have any recent information regarding the current requirments to move on to a Thai passport.

Look forward to your response.

Best regards

Alanw

Dear sbk,

Thanks for the link, much appreciated. The pieces therein seem to conflict. I think I'll have the company lawyers seek a specifc answer.  If some interested info results then I'll post it here.

Thanks again.

Best reagrds

Alanw

that'd be great --see if you can find out if the requirements for foreign women with thai husbands seeking passports is different than foreign men with thai wives. i've got an email into the immigration dept but am still waiting for a reply, that is, if i ever get one! i may just call the policeman listed in the phuket gazette article if i don't hear anything back from immigration, i must point out that the phuket gazette said they were going to look into it, but who knows!! TIT, right?? anyway, would love to hear what you find out. good luck!

Given the changes which are currently happening, is anybody aware of any effect on people who already have PR status for Thailand?

If there are to be any changes for such people already having PR status then it would appear that the Thai government uses a different definition of *permanent* than most.   :o

Dear Alan.W.

Thank you for your reply.

Sorry for being late in my reply, but I am only on this forum  from Monday to Wednesday.

Thank you for your information. I have a P.R. as I love living in Thailand "Permanently" and not going in & out of Thailand, which I did not do, and never had to, in all of my 13 years in this good country.

Anyway, Please keep us informed.

Thank you and all other posters for you good help on this forum.

Kan Win

:o  :D  B)

On a different note, do you have any recent information regarding the current requirments to move on to a Thai passport.

Look forward to your response.

Best regards

Alanw

Dear Alan.W.

Maybe I am wrong or right about the Qus ? but here goes.

Foreign husbands still tied in knots

http://www.phuketgazette.com/news/index.asp?id=3070

Please read it.

Warm regards

Kan Win

???