Attacked On Beach Road

rafval

pickpocked so I grabbed her bag and demanded it back and then boyfriend pops up and wants to fight over it, anyway, I could have avoided a fight but just a warning that people are doing desperate things at the moment

Get some of the mace that is sold on the streets. Mace anyone who starts trouble with you, and run away. Just down be down wind from it.

The police won't help you. The tourist police won't help you. Probably other falang won't help you. You are on your own.

pickpocked so I grabbed her bag and demanded it back and then boyfriend pops up and wants to fight over it, anyway, I could have avoided a fight but just a warning that people are doing desperate things at the moment

Get some of the mace that is sold on the streets. Mace anyone who starts trouble with you, and run away. Just down be down wind from it.

The police won't help you. The tourist police won't help you. Probably other falang won't help you. You are on your own.

could be an idea, these ones really had it in for me, I dont know if the bf was in on the theft or thought he was saving his gf from a thief but nasty and vicious, they caught me from behind latter on their motorbike, its a shame the police do nothing to take the yaba pimps off the beach but I guess theres no money in it

Shouldnt we walking on the beach side of Beach Rd at night... ladyboys usually up to no good.

I noticed this lady there in the day too, that area around Mikes, her technique seems to be basically to grab anything and then if you kick up a fuss the boyfriend pops out to threaten violence

Edited by rafval

Sorry to hear of this attack. I used to tell friends who were coming here that Thailand is safe. With the apparent increase in this sort of crime - I am telling them to be careful.

My Thai wife was recently kicked off her motor bike and into the guttter near our home and the bike and all her valuables in the luggage box stolen. Handbag, mobile phone, ID card etc...Nasty attack. Banglamung police sold her some Mace to protect her in future. It made me think I may need to protect myself more.

I walk along this beach front area near Mikes a lot early morning and early evening - so I think I will get some Mace too.

Did you call the police ? If you did what was their reaction?

What would be the reaction to me spraying Mace into some Thais persons face. Are the police 'sympathetic' to this form of defence???

Edited by dsfbrit

In thailand every farang who lives here knows they dont fight fair, they will outnumber u an use weapons. So same as u ive been thinking to arm myself also cos these things are happenin more an more. I been thinking maybe get a taser an electrocute them. My question similar to yours how would the police treat me a farang if i did taser a thief an beat him up in self defence of course?

Sorry to hear of this attack. I used to tell friends who were coming here that Thailand is safe. With the apparent increase in this sort of crime - I am telling them to be careful.

My Thai wife was recently kicked off her motor bike and into the guttter near our home and the bike and all her valuables in the luggage box stolen. Handbag, mobile phone, ID card etc...Nasty attack. Banglamung police sold her some Mace to protect her in future. It made me think I may need to protect myself more.

I walk along this beach front area near Mikes a lot early morning and early evening - so I think I will get some Mace too.

Did you call the police ? If you did what was their reaction?

What would be the reaction to me spraying Mace into some Thais persons face. Are the police 'sympathetic' to this form of defence???

I didnt call the police as that would possibly have cost more then I lost, but I think you could get away with mace in that situation because the thieves dont really have any support, Im sure the thais dont want them there either

Pickpocket prevention techniques need to be standard operational procedure in all tourist areas now in Thailand. These include not carrying a lot of cash, banknotes in front pocket, a decoy wallet, etc.

true but thats only limiting the fallout once you've been attacked,unless you go around with a billboard saying i have nothing of value on you,these guys dont know that when they make a play for you,as another poster said dont walk on the beach side at night.you can only take these kind of precautions to help evade these people,and yes i am sure theft,robbery,and assualts are on the increase.

What location on Beach rd, across from what Soi , what time ?

It does'nt really matter what location along Beach Road, its all the same - dangerous. If anyone walks it, walk with care.

I go Fishing quite a lot with my Thai partner directly opposite the Police Station, I tell you, there are some wierd Characters about, I would never go alone.

It does'nt really matter what location along Beach Road, its all the same - dangerous. If anyone walks it, walk with care.

I go Fishing quite a lot with my Thai partner directly opposite the Police Station, I tell you, there are some wierd Characters about, I would never go alone.

It matters to me so how about letting someone answer the question !

avoid beach during daytime due to rubbish problem, potential confrontations with jestski owners and touts.

avoid walking on beach at night due to pickpockets, aggresive BFs, ladyboys, gangs, addicts, bargirl without a bar and maybe even a crooked cop or two.

the pattaya grand sale will solve all the above problems, if we are to beleive city hall :)

welcome to the family-friendly, high-end tourist resort town that is Pattaya.

Was the boyfriend of the ladyboy Thai or farang?

Was the boyfriend of the ladyboy Thai or farang?

the bf was thai and it wasnt a lb it was a lady, at least Im 90% sure it is

The only farang walking on that side of the beach road after dark are the ones that are looking for cheap thrills with the freaks that hang out there. if you are stopping to rest on one of the walls you are obviously looking for some type of action.

maybe if you went elsewhere and paid a little more for your comforts you would not be harrased by anybody.

I go to pattaya very often and have never had a problem in over 5 years. but thats because I do not hang out where the scum do.

What about a decoy-wallet filled with C4?

They will take their new 'belongings' always to some place deserted, no harmless involved if they check your wallet. (same for purses of course).

Only problem is, that after a few years lots of people in Thailand won't have hands anymore.

You could do the same with motorbikes: A certain amount of C4 under the seat and a mobile phone as detonator.

Bike stolen? Just phone your "kit" and miracles happen.

I know, I know, sick thoughts, and only if you could be sure about harmless people not becoming involved it would be nice to find some *ssh*les, handless, arseless or whatever-less along the side of the street.

You could do the same with motorbikes: A certain amount of C4 under the seat and a mobile phone as detonator.

Bike stolen? Just phone your "kit" and miracles happen.

I'd be afraid of someone dialing a wrong number and reaching my bike while I was joyriding on it. No more joy. :)

The only farang walking on that side of the beach road after dark are the ones that are looking for cheap thrills with the freaks that hang out there. if you are stopping to rest on one of the walls you are obviously looking for some type of action.

maybe if you went elsewhere and paid a little more for your comforts you would not be harrased by anybody.

I go to pattaya very often and have never had a problem in over 5 years. but thats because I do not hang out where the scum do.

'After dark' can be around 7.00pm in Thailand, and I haven't had a problem walking along Beach Road in the early evening, let's say upto 9.00pm. I agree that after then it is best not to walk alone and it would be unwise to be walking along Beach Road between the hours of midnight and dawn.

But this is all very sad. When I first came to Pattaya, I never had any fear walking down Beach Road at anytime of night (even intoxicated).

This escalation of crime has all happened in the last few years, the problem could be addressed if there was a zero-tolerance to crime, by severe penalties for offenders, more CCTV and action from Pattaya Police and a marked presence of both Police and the 'Volunteers'. It has been said before, but why don't the 'Volunteers' patrol the two miles of Beach Road at least until 2.00 am when most entertainment venues close.

It matters to me so how about letting someone answer the question !

Now now,,,, if you read the thread properly you would have seen that it was Opposite Mike's shopping Mall, this was written before you asked. :)

<snip>

This escalation of crime has all happened in the last few years, the problem could be addressed if there was a zero-tolerance to crime, by severe penalties for offenders, more CCTV and action from Pattaya Police and a marked presence of both Police and the 'Volunteers'. It has been said before, but why don't the 'Volunteers' patrol the two miles of Beach Road at least until 2.00 am when most entertainment venues close.

Because it's more fun posing down WS than actually doing something about real crime?

avoid the beach side of beach road at night. All the way from North to South. And it is not only the ladyboys as some other poster mentioned before.

If you want to go for a walk all the way along beach road, its nearly impossible to walk on the other side. This is due to a combination of narrow pavements where people just walk straight into me (am I invisible?), having to cross lots of small but dangerous roads, tailors trying to shake my hand ( want nice suit sir - where are you from?), girls welcoming me to their bar (hello welcome), motorcycle taxis( 'you want motocy taxi?'), people renting motorbikes ('you want rent motorbike mister?').

Then there are the video sellers, suitcase sellers etc...

Add to that every Baht Bus slowing down next to me and hooting his ***ing horn - the thought of a mugging on the beach side seems the lesser of the evils :)