Pattaya To Phetchabun

nam-thip

Fairly straightforward!, take the 7 to Bangkok and past Airport look out for the exits onto the Route 9. You want the 9 to Bang Pa-in (Eastern Ring Road) At the end of the 9, keep in the right hand lane and head for Saraburi - Route No 1.

As you get closer to Saraburi look out for signs for Lopburi & Petchabun, there are at least 2 exits from the 1, onto the frontage road. This will get you onto the Saraburi by pass. After one set of lights look out for Lopburi & Petchabun green signs. Take the left hand lanes and keep on this 3 lane road. Follow past one set of traffic lights and as you approach the second set of lights, there are 4 lanes. The left two lanes are the Route 1 again to Lopburi, and the two right hand lanes are for Route 21 to Petchabun.

There are traffic lights here before going up the 21, so be prepared to stop etc.

Route 21 goes all the way to Petchabun city, many sets of lights and pesky Brown & Yellows in the main part of day.

Petchabun City police now have radar equipment and it gets a run out now and again.

Route 21 is pretty rural too, despite dual carriage way, plenty of local farmers on buffalo tractors and vehicles heading towards you on your side of the road, oh and people doing crazy things at U-turns!.

My last journey to Airport was in April and there appeared to be continuous road works on the 9, also two toll gates on the 9.. Take it easy & good luck, hope that was not too confusing!.

Fairly straightforward!, take the 7 to Bangkok and past Airport look out for the exits onto the Route 9. You want the 9 to Bang Pa-in (Eastern Ring Road) At the end of the 9, keep in the right hand lane and head for Saraburi - Route No 1.

As you get closer to Saraburi look out for signs for Lopburi & Petchabun, there are at least 2 exits from the 1, onto the frontage road. This will get you onto the Saraburi by pass. After one set of lights look out for Lopburi & Petchabun green signs. Take the left hand lanes and keep on this 3 lane road. Follow past one set of traffic lights and as you approach the second set of lights, there are 4 lanes. The left two lanes are the Route 1 again to Lopburi, and the two right hand lanes are for Route 21 to Petchabun.

There are traffic lights here before going up the 21, so be prepared to stop etc.

Route 21 goes all the way to Petchabun city, many sets of lights and pesky Brown & Yellows in the main part of day.

Petchabun City police now have radar equipment and it gets a run out now and again.

Route 21 is pretty rural too, despite dual carriage way, plenty of local farmers on buffalo tractors and vehicles heading towards you on your side of the road, oh and people doing crazy things at U-turns!.

My last journey to Airport was in April and there appeared to be continuous road works on the 9, also two toll gates on the 9.. Take it easy & good luck, hope that was not too confusing!.

I use that exact same route everytime i visit Pat's, takes around 5 hours travelling at around 130km/hr on the express ways :)

Make sure when you pass the airport you keep left, if you miss the exit to Bang Pa-in your in for a long day :D

Thanks for route guys, now for my next question.

Any hotel recommendations in Phetchabun city?

My lady who is from the area (15 clicks out) mentioned the kosit hotel but said it’s far too expensive. I’ll decide that but it’s nice to have them thinking that way, lol.

Problem is I can’t find a direct link to the Kosit hotel for price and availability as it only shows up on tour or booking agent sites.

I’m thinking of making my first trip to Phetchabun in a couple of weeks time around the 25th September at the same time looking at rented houses as I might give the place a whirl to see if I can live there or not.

Burappa Hotel in Petchabun. Around B450.

Alternative route to avoid Bangkok:

Take the 331 North (just past Bira Circuit on Route 36), keep going and take a left on 304 to Panom Sarakam.

Follow the signs for Prachin Buri (Route 319), follow that until you hit Route 33 near Nakon Nayok where you turn left onto 33.

This takes you to Route 1 just 12 km South of Saraburi.

• 3 weeks later...