Kho Samet

sipidan

Hi guy's & girls :D I'm in need of some R&R from been in Pattaya & i have never been to Kho Samet. Looking at going next week for around 2/3days & was wondering which beach is the best & can you recomend any good,quiet hotels for around 1000 baht per night?? I'm going with my tee rak so want quiet hotel but not too far to walk to a nice bar/resturant maybe with live music if they have any there?? Cheers :)

Hi,

The best area to stay this time of year on samed island is "saikaew beach area", although busy, it has some nice restaurants & bars & fire shows, some live music within easy walking distance from all hotels. a nice site to look at for more info is kohsamed.net - you'll have a nice time on the island it's a true gem. a nice small hotel is sky high inn but they charge between 1500 - 2000

Hi guy's & girls :D I'm in need of some R&R from been in Pattaya & i have never been to Kho Samet. Looking at going next week for around 2/3days & was wondering which beach is the best & can you recomend any good,quiet hotels for around 1000 baht per night?? I'm going with my tee rak so want quiet hotel but not too far to walk to a nice bar/resturant maybe with live music if they have any there?? Cheers :)

I personally think Ko samet sucks. It is set up like a campground. Koh Chang is waay better, its the best place in Thailand.

I think you will like Koh Samet. I love the place. You can leave your car at the dock and its safe, cant recall how much for parking.

When I get there I usually rent a motorbike not far from the dock. This allows me to drive around the island which is actually really big. It's been over a year since I have been there and ant remember the name of the hotel, but it right on the beach. I get a room with a fan for i think 500 baht, plenty of restaurants and hotels around as long as you stay on the 1st beach when you enter into the park. Other parts of the island can be secluded, if you rent a motorbike you can hop around the place, think the motorbike was 180 baht a day or something like that. Enjoy....

Hi there, if you like a nice and quiet place I recommend Ao Thien beach, (candle light beach) it'll be perfect for you and tee rak.

There are a couple of good restaurants, one is a seafood restaurant and the other serves traditional Thai food.

Best bar by Roger is a cool place but no live music. Prices for a night range from 800 to 2500 Baht.

The fastest (20 minutes) and most convenient way to get there from the pier is to take a speed boat one way 300/500 Baht x person.

Cheers

I personally think Ko samet sucks. It is set up like a campground. Koh Chang is waay better, its the best place in Thailand.

Sorry for being obtuse will you please define "set up like a campground"

post-91225-1252756369_thumb.jpg

Hi Sipidan , just for your information ... there is a thread titled "Koh Samet Getting Worse ?"

So please feel free to read some of the comments on Koh Samet on this thread.

Your situation is a bit different as you want a hotel for around 1000 baht a night .. which is about $29.

I don't think you would get much for that but you never know.

cheers :D