Urgent Help Needed!

I am currently living in bangkok and i am on a 6 month double entry tourist visa.The problem being that my first stamp expired on the 9th of this month so i am on 9 days overstay.I was unaware of this as i pressumed after 3 months i leave the country and then re-enter,i stupidly did not check the stamp and only looked at the expiry date on the visa which is june 13th.Previously i've always had 3 month tourist visa's which i have extended after 2 months!!....what is likely to happen when i go to immigration in bangkok?????any advice would be much appreciated as i am very concerned that this is one major cock up!!!

can i go to bangkok immigration and get a 30 day extension even though i should of done this 9 days ago...or do i need to leave the country and forget about the extension???

I would've thought you'd be fine going to Bkk immigration, you will be fined the B1800 and, think, you will only get an extra 21 days extension as you have used 9 days on overstay....at least I think that is waht happened to me on Koh Samui.

You will be OK though, I had the same problem, I didn't realise a 3 month visa had to be extended for the last 30 days until I'd overheard someone explaining it to somenone else, it's not exatly made clear at the embassy. :o

I've been told that all immigration offices are run like franchises and therefore are pleased to take your money (their profit).

Edited by booma

Immigration at Bangkok be fine for an extension, just gonna be sent up to room 206 I think it is for overstay charge and then fix your extension. I think as well you may be able to get 30 days on top of that instead of 21 days but not too sure so just find out when your there. Don't panic, nothing bad will happen, they just take the cash and your done.