Fat Men, Small Thai Women.

jasonstod

Thais are very accepting of people as they are, being fat doesn't carry the stigma here in this country that it does in some western countries. Neither does age, baldness or many other things that would put most folks off back home.

Then figure in the ATM factor and for many that will overcome just about anything.

If you can speak Thai you can constantly hear Thais taking the piss out of fat bald foreigners..............and then they give a two faced smile as they accept the tip!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whats that smell ? :)

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^everyone tastes vary, that's what is brilliant about life. There are thai ladies who prefer fat lads and there are thai ladies who dont. Not a hard concept to get around. :D
Brit, we are banging our heads against a brick wall,.the young guns just hate it and dont understand,..again i say ,why is youth wasted on the young,?. :)

Yes, some women are attracted to fat men, just as some women are attracted to bald men, beards, large amounts of body hair, extremely muscular men and extremely skinny men. However, if anyone thinks that Thailand is some oasis for fat men where 1 in 3 women prefers fat to not, they are deluding themselves.

My example with the fit man vs the same man but 80 lbs heavier was based on them being exactly the same - including the bank balance.

To be fair i dont think anyones saying thai women prefer fat men,what they are saying is that some dont mind either way,im overweight and never had a problem getting women in the uk, but thai women are even less prejadiced id say,.and to be honest this subject is showing some members as being typical in a western way as small minded and to some extreme jealous,.id say lighten up, even if the "fat " guy is paying ,hes got something he couldnt get back home at any price, so fair play id say,..... :)

thai women are even less prejadiced id say,.

I don't think they are less prejudiced. Ask a Thai woman what she thinks about black men and you may well get a forthright answer.

With regards them being less prejudiced about obesity, i don't believe that either. It's just that fat farang men, as with all farang men here, are deemed attractive by some Thai women purely on the basis of being farang, and that tends to make size less of an issue.

Edited by rixalex

Ok, i misread. I dont think its mean if someone calls me skinny, im just not skinny. Im just a normal guy without a fat belly :)

Robblok, is your avatar a picture of you?

Yes that is a picture of me but its an old picture lets say a year old or something like that. I changed some in the meanwhile.

OT i have seen many "normal" thai girls from the in the age range 24-28 who were schooled well. I can tell you they like attractive farangs not the fat ones. Maybe the younger generation is just a bit more picky as the older one ? We are talking about girls here who dont need a farang for the money. I remember the stories of one of my wifes friends how she checked out farangs she had a date with.

She met them on the internet and then agreed on a place to meet. She would make sure she was there already.. call him.. then she saw who he was and if he did not look good she would find some excuse to not meet him. This sounds a bit different then the girls you guys are describing. Im not saying all girls are like this but the younger generation certainly wants someone that looks good. The same girl would also share all cost with the guy she was with and would not require a sin sod. So it might just be the kind of girls you meet.

I can imagine girls that are not financially independent like any kind of farang as long as he pays for her and pays a sin sod to her family.

I think i cant convince anyone because certain members are set in opinion and dont want their ego damaged.

Edited by robblok

Thais are very accepting of people as they are, being fat doesn't carry the stigma here in this country that it does in some western countries. Neither does age, baldness or many other things that would put most folks off back home.

Then figure in the ATM factor and for many that will overcome just about anything.

If you can speak Thai you can constantly hear Thais taking the piss out of fat bald foreigners..............and then they give a two faced smile as they accept the tip!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whats that smell ? :)

Judging by that response you can't speak Thai can you!

Well Rob:

While on hitting out at egos of certain members please let me add...

While you may find it funny / sad to make light of fat farangs and their Thai other halfs but in my humble opinion, nothing smacks of desperation more than...

some relatively muscle bound youngish farang who needs to take up residence here and try to impress the local gals at some nightclub with his bulging forearms.

It really says "hmm, why is this handsome young fellow out looking for local sweethearts half way around the world - what's wrong him? can't he find a nice girl at home".

So the next time you are hanging it all out at some trendy nightclub and soaking up all the stares from the local lasses, just think to yourself, "Do you think I am handsome or just a bit strange?".

JK :)

In general girls don't like fat old guys, just the same as in general guys don't like fat older girls. However there are exception but not as many as there are couples of pretty girls with fat guys. So a lot of the girls are in it for the money.

Fat guys should ask themselves the following question, would i want to be with a fat girl or with a sexy slim girl. If they awnser truthfully they know what MOST but not all girls would answer.

And for all those fat guys who like to loose some weight clean up your diet i know its hard but it works. Then ad some exercise and you will see slow progress. I know i have been fat in Thailand for a while and now im back in shape. I got the worst kind of body for loosing weight but i am loosing it. But i cost a lot of effort and most people are just not willing to do so. So for many people being fat is a choice.

Totally agree

Well Rob:

While on hitting out at egos of certain members please let me add...

While you may find it funny / sad to make light of fat farangs and their Thai other halfs but in my humble opinion, nothing smacks of desperation more than...

some relatively muscle bound youngish farang who needs to take up residence here and try to impress the local gals at some nightclub with his bulging forearms.

It really says "hmm, why is this handsome young fellow out looking for local sweethearts half way around the world - what's wrong him? can't he find a nice girl at home".

So the next time you are hanging it all out at some trendy nightclub and soaking up all the stares from the local lasses, just think to yourself, "Do you think I am handsome or just a bit strange?".

JK :)

First off look where i live, not exactly a party area. That might give you a better idea about how often i go out to nightclubs or bars. Then i don't drink, so going to nightclubs doesn't really do it for me. So i think you might have mis judged me a bit. The fact that i am here is easily explainable i have yellow fever. Not many Asians where i am and here there are.

And you don't think that your need to show us how your body looks/looked in a wet t-shirt says something a bit sad?

Actually it tells you that i like to keep in shape. That is me a gym rat, i thought an avatar should say something about you. Mine does so i dont think its sad actually.

I just feel that being fat is a choice (some medical conditions excluded), and believe me i have been a bit overweight too. It just takes discipline and some sacrifices to loose weight it shows character. I have a lot of respect for people who try to stay in shape and give it their best (whether they fail or not). I have a lot less respect for fat guys who comment on others who are in shape.

If you think i put the picture up here to impress girls or so i must inform you this is a forum mainly dominated by guys.

Anyway whoever you are its your choice and if you don't like that choice just change.

I also don't understand why people get fat, I mean watch what you eat and do some excercise, it is that simple.

Fat guys who pick up slim girls are not really being loved, more like getting someone who wants your money, you will attract girls who are no good.

I also don't understand why people get fat, I mean watch what you eat and do some excercise, it is that simple.

Fat guys who pick up slim girls are not really being loved, more like getting someone who wants your money, you will attract girls who are no good.

You have gone way off track,,the fat guys, unlike the thin ones dont care.., to pay for female company is fine by them and fine by the stunner on their arm, wheres the problem ?.. only in the eyes of the jealous or skint it seems ! :) Edited by imaneggspurt

You have gone way off track,,the fat guys, unlike the thin ones dont care.., to pay for female company is fine by them and fine by the stunner on their arm, wheres the problem ?.. only in the eyes of the jealous or skint it seems ! :)

I think your last sentence sums it up quite accurately - in particular the last 3 words.

You have gone way off track,,the fat guys, unlike the thin ones dont care.., to pay for female company is fine by them and fine by the stunner on their arm, wheres the problem ?.. only in the eyes of the jealous or skint it seems ! :)

I have no problem at all with fat blokes if that is how we are categorising, but i have to say, your last statement is rather sad. Spanks of no self esteem. You really don't care if the female likes you or not?!

And you don't think that your need to show us how your body looks/looked in a wet t-shirt says something a bit sad?

Actually it tells you that i like to keep in shape. That is me a gym rat, i thought an avatar should say something about you. Mine does so i dont think its sad actually.

I just feel that being fat is a choice (some medical conditions excluded), and believe me i have been a bit overweight too. It just takes discipline and some sacrifices to loose weight it shows character. I have a lot of respect for people who try to stay in shape and give it their best (whether they fail or not). I have a lot less respect for fat guys who comment on others who are in shape.

If you think i put the picture up here to impress girls or so i must inform you this is a forum mainly dominated by guys.

Anyway whoever you are its your choice and if you don't like that choice just change.

"i thought an avatar should say something about you"...You have sussed me rob, my avatar proves i was not breast fed as a child :D ..and as its confession time,i prefer restaurants to gyms !. sorry,.. :) Edited by imaneggspurt

I have no problem at all with fat blokes if that is how we are categorising, but i have to say, your last statement is rather sad. Spanks of no self esteem. You really don't care if the female likes you or not?!

I think (?) what he was getting at was the one's that usually start these threads are usually the jealous or the skint.

As you all can see I don't post much on here, but I do a lot of reading. I find something hard to understand that seems to be a "big" subject of discussion. Why do people make the assumption that because a man is fat he should not be with a Thai woman or that the Thai woman would not want to be with a fat guy unless it is for of money??? You know, this is not just Thai women either. When people anywhere around the world see a beautiful woman with an over weight man they assume she is only in it for money. So, I guess men who do not fit the "average" should not be with any woman? Or, should we only be with fat women? I would also guess that because we do not fit the "average", we have no personality or no charm or intelligence or.....what is it, really? So people are only supposed to fall in love based on physical appearance? I'm just looking for a little help in understanding some people's posts. It's not just on this site I read over on Bangkok Post as well and it just blows my mind the things I read. Regardless of what some of yall think, people CAN connect in other ways than just physically. My wife has explained to me time and time again that she has been with the "sexy" man type, and they all are SHIT! Ego's bigger than Texas, don't treat their women with any kind of respect. At any rate, like I said before, I'm just looking for a little help in understanding other people's posts..........

what a funny thing!!! now, it is popular that a handsome man marry a not very beautiful woman. and what do you think of

Michael Jackson . oh mod, it is not polite to talk about a dead man.i have raed some materials about him ~~~forgive me!

Sad ?.i dont think so, if these girls dont like you in most case they wont go,however what we have arrived at now is a business contract,but im guessing you are a western female and ive never met one yet that can grasp the situation in thailand, ( no offence )

I think (?) what he was getting at was the one's that usually start these threads are usually the jealous or the skint.

Well done, top of the class old boy ! :D:D

Oh yeah, right. Don't we wish?

:):D:D

(Sweetie, it's too hot to go for a walk today. BTW, what we eat tonight? Oooh, pizza, aloy mak mak! :D )

Edited by Lopburi99

(Sweetie, it's too hot to go for a walk today. BTW, what we eat tonight? Oooh, pizza, aloy mak mak! :D )

Well after watching America's fattest losers for the past couple of months when I get home from work, suffice to say my self-esteem has gone up a notch or two. So much in fact that I have withdrawn my entry form from the upcoming Asian Edition.

Well after watching America's fattest losers for the past couple of months when I get home from work, suffice to say my self-esteem has gone up a notch or two. So much in fact that I have withdrawn my entry form from the upcoming Asian Edition.

As Bonobo has pointed out your not fat at all, anyway its never bad to do some exercise.

I guess you had me tagged wrong.. because you never got back to me after my reply. I workout for myself and as an added bonus some girls seem to like it. But if you don't do it for yourself you can never keep it up.

"i thought an avatar should say something about you"...You have sussed me rob, my avatar proves i was not breast fed as a child :D ..and as its confession time,i prefer restaurants to gyms !. sorry,.. :)

I just thought you were crazy and in the wrong country, because its hard to find girls here that have the kind of hardware you like. But thanks for explaining it to me :D

As for you preferring restaurants to gyms, that is your choice and as long as your happy with it go for it. I like good food too, i just try not to overdo it and keep to my food program most days of the weeks. I admit it can be a bore but that is my choice, you cant have it all (unless your one of the genetically gifted (freaks that spark my jeallousy :D )who can eat what they want train a little bit and still have a nice body.

As Bonobo has pointed out your not fat at all, anyway its never bad to do some exercise.

I guess you had me tagged wrong.. because you never got back to me after my reply. I workout for myself and as an added bonus some girls seem to like it. But if you don't do it for yourself you can never keep it up.

Oh I am sorry Rob, didn't realise you wanted to continue. I don't work out for myself and as an added bonus some girls seem to like it. However, I am not in that bad of shape all things considered. Lots of yard work, shopping for the family, working 8-10 hours a day, drinking 15 beer or so on a friday night, bbqing good steaks and salmon all help to keep me comfortable with myself. On ocassion, I do even do the laundry.

Sorry to disappoint you though, my female admirers don't quite fit into the demongraphic that you try to paint all of us with. They in fact go for little things like good taste, humility, sense of humour (albeit warped at times) and that all important thing - respect. While I am the first to reach for the tab when amongst friends. My friends know that generosity comes in many forms and funny enough we are all comfortable about it. Probably why we are friends.

If somebody wants to call me fat or whatever (either in Thai or English for that matter), suffice to say it doesn't take long for moi to find fault in them should I choose too, usually in a swift brutal fashion (no sense beating aroudn the bush) - thankfully, I don't give a flying gecko turd what too many people think - other than those I care about and rarely have to stoop to the level of common kwais.

Oh I am sorry Rob, didn't realise you wanted to continue. I don't work out for myself and as an added bonus some girls seem to like it. However, I am not in that bad of shape all things considered. Lots of yard work, shopping for the family, working 8-10 hours a day, drinking 15 beer or so on a friday night, bbqing good steaks and salmon all help to keep me comfortable with myself. On ocassion, I do even do the laundry.

Sorry to disappoint you though, my female admirers don't quite fit into the demongraphic that you try to paint all of us with. They in fact go for little things like good taste, humility, sense of humour (albeit warped at times) and that all important thing - respect. While I am the first to reach for the tab when amongst friends. My friends know that generosity comes in many forms and funny enough we are all comfortable about it. Probably why we are friends.

If somebody wants to call me fat or whatever (either in Thai or English for that matter), suffice to say it doesn't take long for moi to find fault in them should I choose too, usually in a swift brutal fashion (no sense beating aroudn the bush) - thankfully, I don't give a flying gecko turd what too many people think - other than those I care about and rarely have to stoop to the level of common kwais.

Of course i liked to continue, i like a nice debate. You poor sod working in the yard, i feel for you (unless you like it).

I think the demographics are quite varied, you got the bar girls who don't mind how fat a guy is as long as his wallet is fat too. You got the girls i hang out with who like to have guys that are pleasing to the eye and that are nice to them. You can say what you want but how someone looks is important. But like i told others before i rather have an average girl with a brain then a stunning beauty without one (ok maybe for a night). Still i would not go for the real ugly girls. I hope you get my point a bit because it seems you still tag me wrong.

I really don't care much what people call me and i have been overweight too in the past. You can always find a fault in someone im sure you can find enough if you look in the mirror and the same applies for me. Nobody is prefect.

I still stand with my view that its a choice to be fat (for most people).

As my last post on this subject as it's getting dangerously close to cutting into my lunch hour, regarding your last sentence Rob, I am glad that you finally agree that it's their choice (for most people) and the sooner the Mr. Universes of the World get over it and start worry about themselves, the more food we will have at the buffet. :)

As my last post on this subject as it's getting dangerously close to cutting into my lunch hour, regarding your last sentence Rob, I am glad that you finally agree that it's their choice (for most people) and the sooner the Mr. Universes of the World get over it and start worry about themselves, the more food we will have at the buffet. :)

I stated that fact that its a choice many times already in this topic. Who am i to say what they have to do.

You mentioned Mr Universes.. they are way too muscular.. the only nice one was Arnold and he was huge already.. after him they got bigger and more freaky all the time. But then again there are people who like that but not me.

Have a good lunch and ill find a carrot to gnaw on. (or eat my usual chicken)

Female admirers bkkjames? :) wonder what your wife has to say about that :D