Fortuner

PETERTHEEATER

I have a 2005 Fortuner 2.7 AWD.

Yesterday, I noticed that under the front (driver's side) wheel arch there was no cover in the front of the arch to protect against water or mud splashes.

The left hand from wheel arch has one as do the rear wheels. At first I thought that it had fallen off but looking closer it is more likely that on was never installed since there are no fixing holes in the arch flange.

Today I had the opportunity to look at 5 other Fortuners in a car park, one a very new oil burner, and only one had a cover and that was a Limited Edition (!) oil burner.

No big deal, but it seems that it was never there from new so why have some got it and not others?

I have a 2005 Fortuner 2.7 AWD.

Yesterday, I noticed that under the front (driver's side) wheel arch there was no cover in the front of the arch to protect against water or mud splashes.

The left hand from wheel arch has one as do the rear wheels. At first I thought that it had fallen off but looking closer it is more likely that on was never installed since there are no fixing holes in the arch flange.

Today I had the opportunity to look at 5 other Fortuners in a car park, one a very new oil burner, and only one had a cover and that was a Limited Edition (!) oil burner.

No big deal, but it seems that it was never there from new so why have some got it and not others?

Fortuner doesnt come with these from factory. After market installed at like 4000 baht. So is rust protection, which is really important to survive more than 10+ years.

where can you do rust protection, how much does it cost? and how often should i do it?

Since I dont know where you live, I can just say anywhere it smells rustprotection. There are several western brand name available, like Tuff Cote Dinol, ehh only remembered one.

Every second year should be ok.

My 2008 Honda Accord came with a Premium package. Waxing every 3 months, and rust protection every 6 months, at Honda garage for 10 years.

4k for an after market protective cover is steep. I shall see what Toyota want for the part which I can fit myself. They only charges me 3200 for a full set of supplementary carpets which I think is excellent value for the quality.

I seem to recall 4k for 4, Toyota original, incl intallation

Edited by katabeachbum