Iphone - Many Questions

kay06

I read all the posts about the iphone and I still have some questions

as you seem to be experts, i would be happy to have some help

I m looking for an iphone but the offer from the operator is not really interesting... quite expensive !

- So as I read, i could buy an unlocked phone (or to have it unlocked) and use it with any phone operator, just by adding a sim card, is it true?

Is it much more expensive than the packages TrueMove offers?

- What are the main differences between the 3G and the 2G ?

my budget is quite low, maybe it s worthy to find a 2G... are they still sold in the shops ?

- Is it possible to buy the iphone in an other country and to use it in Thailand ?

Thanks in advance for your answers

Hi

I suppose you can still find a 2nd hand - first generation iphone if you shop around, although I haven't seen that many myself ( I am in Chiang Mai, I think you would have more shops selling them in BGK )

If you don't want to jailbreak your phone, you have to find a factory unlocked one. If not , then I believe jailbreaking is necessary to have it unlocked, after that you can just use any sim card.I have 3 iphones ( well, 2 now as my 3Gs just died..) and all of them have been working fine with my AIS sim. I bought my iphones from USA on eBay and they all work here.

I have never used a 2G but it must have less memory and a slower processor. They must be cheaper too, try to find one, and if you like it, upgrade later to a 3G or 3Gs...

Phil

I read all the posts about the iphone and I still have some questions

as you seem to be experts, i would be happy to have some help

I m looking for an iphone but the offer from the operator is not really interesting... quite expensive !

- So as I read, i could buy an unlocked phone (or to have it unlocked) and use it with any phone operator, just by adding a sim card, is it true?

Is it much more expensive than the packages TrueMove offers?

- What are the main differences between the 3G and the 2G ?

my budget is quite low, maybe it s worthy to find a 2G... are they still sold in the shops ?

- Is it possible to buy the iphone in an other country and to use it in Thailand ?

Thanks in advance for your answers

Hi I have one 2G 8GB iPhone for sale now for 10,000. It's in mint condition (98-97%). I unlocked it so it will work with any sim in any country. If you are interested let me know.

10k baht - is that what 2nd hand 1G iPhones cost now in the mall? I'd like to know, I have one not sure about selling it. At 10k, maybe I'll keep it.

IMO 10k is an incredibly deal for an iPhone. The 1G is nearly as good as as the 3G/3GS...

yes it looks like it s the price... I checked on ebay and the 2G are between 8000 and 12000

Good for me :-)