Thaksin In Thai Visa

sunholidaysun1

Whom?

the longest-serving democratically-elected Prime Minister of Thailand :)

The first Prime Minister of Thailand to complete a full term in office.

The firstt Prime Minister to win elections by landslides. :D

Here we go again, Jingthing will be here soon.

Whom?

the longest-serving democratically-elected Prime Minister of Thailand :)

The first Prime Minister of Thailand to complete a full term in office.

The firstt Prime Minister to win elections by landslides. :D

Here we go again, Jingthing will be here soon.

Most all of the Thais I know voted for Thaksin. Most all of the Thais I know were glad to see him go. They gave him a mandate to run the country; they didn't give him a mandate to undermine the whole democratic system and declare himself a de facto dictator.

Not that I'm professing any knowledge on the matter, just passing on what has been told to me from people's whose opinions I trust.

(Incidentally, I saw first-hand a great example of 'democracy-undermined' the other day in my classroom. I asked the class to vote on an extra-curricular activity. There was a clear, overwhelming majority for one of the choices. Later in the lesson, some 'seniors' came into the class and told the students to change their vote, since they didn't agree with it! If I hadn't put a stop to it, the vote would have been overturned by authoritarian pressure rather than individual choice. When I asked the seniors to explain what they thought they were doing, they said the junior students "didn't understand what they were voting for". Poor Thaksin, I could start to understand how he might feel!)

Edited by SoftWater