Motorists Scramble For Bt1,000 Notes On Pathumthani Road

george

Motorists scramble for Bt1,000 notes on Pathum Thani road

PATHUM THANI: -- Traffic snarled briefly hit a road here Monday morning when motorists parked their vehicles and rushed out to grab flying Bt1,000 bank notes.

But the traffic on the highway No 345 returned to normal soon because the motorists quickly disappeared with the notes.

Pol Lt Col Waroom Thairatthewin said the bank notes were spotted flying around the road at 9:30 am but they were quickly grabbed by motorists.

Waroom said it remain mysterious as to where the money came from. He urged the motorists to hand over the cash to police in case the owner later filed complaint with police.

He said the cash could be tens of thousands of baht.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009-09-14

PATHUM THANI: -- Traffic snarled briefly hit a road here Monday morning when motorists parked their vehicles and rushed out to grab flying Bt1,000 bank notes.

But the traffic on the highway No 345 returned to normal soon because the motorists quickly disappeared with the notes.

Pol Lt Col Waroom Thairatthewin said the bank notes were spotted flying around the road at 9:30 am but they were quickly grabbed by motorists.

Waroom said it remain mysterious as to where the money came from. He urged the motorists to hand over the cash to police in case the owner later filed complaint with police.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009-09-14

Yes, he urged motorists to hand over the money to the police...so that it can be given back to the rightful owner :):D:D:D

He urged the motorists to hand over the cash to police in case the owner later filed complaint with police. :)

The owner was asked to form a queue outside Pathum Thani police station tomorrow at 9AM :D

I can hear the conversation now.

Owner "Yes I lost 50,000 baht out of the back of my truck yesterday"

Ocifer Charge "Hmmm, we only got 10,000 baht returned"

Owner "What happened to the other 40k?"

Ocifer in Charge "It must have blown away."

Owner "Can i have my 10,000 baht now then"

Ocifer in Charge "How do I know it's yours?"

Owner "I just told you I lost it"

Ocifer in Charge "You need to file a report and if nobody comes in in the next 30 days with a similar claim, you can try to claim it"

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009-09-14

hmm, hand over the cash in case the owner claims he lost it? i doubt this will happen.

which part you doubt????

the police not handing back money to owner or..........?????

Ahhh all you untrusting people! Sometimes those police and security guards can be quite helpful. Check out the first post: www.johndang.co.uk

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009-09-14

hmm, hand over the cash in case the owner claims he lost it? i doubt this will happen.

which part you doubt????

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009-09-14

which part you doubt????

I doubt that people who stopped on the road to pick it up will return it to its rightful owner? Clear now?

The money is mine,

I can recognize the bills, they had little numbers on them saying "1000" in Thai and English and there was a silver stripe down one side difficult to see.

The money fell out of my helicopter when I banked steeply as the mia noi grabbed my joystick.

So all you others can forget claiming!!

The money is mine,

I can recognize the bills, they had little numbers on them saying "1000" in Thai and English and there was a silver stripe down one side difficult to see.

The money fell out of my helicopter when I banked steeply as the mia noi grabbed my joystick.

So all you others can forget claiming!!

Nar!! Sorry the money is mine as my Isaan Missus throw the money out the window from my Glove compartment after going "beserk" spotting "lipstick" on my shirt collar [Dooh}

What police station did he say the money would be held for collection. :)

You are all wrong, it is mine, I was counting it in the back seat of my limo but my fingernails kept getting in the way so in a tantrum I threw it out the window, so there! But never mind plenty more in the ATM according to the mississ.

:D

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009-09-14

:D:D:D I threw the mony out the window,everybody needs it more than I do. :):D:D:D

:D

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009-09-14

:D:D:D I threw the mony out the window,everybody needs it more than I do. :):D:D:D

Are you Bill Gates? Hi Bill! Welcome to Thai Visa :P

He urged the motorists to hand over the cash to police in case the owner later filed complaint with police. :D

The owner was asked to form a queue outside Pathum Thani police station tomorrow at 9AM :D

I can hear the conversation now.

Owner "Yes I lost 50,000 baht out of the back of my truck yesterday"

Ocifer Charge "Hmmm, we only got 10,000 baht returned"

Owner "What happened to the other 40k?"

Ocifer in Charge "It must have blown away."

Owner "Can i have my 10,000 baht now then"

Ocifer in Charge "How do I know it's yours?"

Owner "I just told you I lost it"

Ocifer in Charge "You need to file a report and if nobody comes in in the next 30 days with a similar claim, you can try to claim it"

Give us a list of the numbers and we'll see what we can do. :)

I would have liked to have been there, but knowing my luck the ex would have seen me, :D

Edited by Mosha

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009-09-14

UFBs:

Unidentified Flying Bahts.