Digging For Oil

sunholidaysun1

My land in Thailand is very fertile as is all of the land around and never really been touched for centuries other than for farming. Do you think that its possible to find Oil if I dig deep enough ? I have found water so far !

Oil, I don't think so. But gold, maybe.

My land in Thailand is very fertile as is all of the land around and never really been touched for centuries other than for farming. Do you think that its possible to find Oil if I dig deep enough ? I have found water so far !

I have some oil for sale, would you like to buy?

Where is your land? There are commercial oil or gas fields in Suparn Buri, Chiang Mai, Kampaeng Phet, Phitsanuloke, Phetchabhun, Khon Kaen and Udon Thani. Any oil you find though will belong to the government, and whoever thay sell the underground mineral fuel rights to. Finding oil below your land can turn into a big nightmare rather than a big cash influx.

Where is your land? There are commercial oil or gas fields in Suparn Buri, Chiang Mai, Kampaeng Phet, Phitsanuloke, Phetchabhun, Khon Kaen and Udon Thani. Any oil you find though will belong to the government, and whoever thay sell the underground mineral fuel rights to. Finding oil below your land can turn into a big nightmare rather than a big cash influx.

I did think I had hit Gas earlier on but turned out to be a false alarm , it was the wife.

Finding oil below your land can turn into a big nightmare rather than a big cash influx.

Yep, reckon if you were to find anything of value anywhere on your land, it somehow would be robbed off you. If you ever discover gold, keep it quiet :)

Digging will not do it, but if you drill 3,000 m you will probably find some oil and gas, but not in commercial quantities.

Let me know if you need a drilling rig and a well design :)

America is one of the few countries in the world where if you own the land you own the rights to all minerals, oil, etc found under that land (unless already sold on). In most other countries these mineral rights are owned by the government and are licenced to other companies for mineral/ oil exploration and exploitation.

Suggest you check out who owns these rights on your land first before you start digging.

Also suggest you checkout the early history of oil exploration in America and Burma to see how the early pioneers actually did 'dig' for oil. I believe they still dig for oil in some of the onshore fields in Burma (a very hazardous occupation as depicted in the 2007 Hollywood film 'There Will be Blood'

hi

About 3 months ago,one of the family that live in the village,while ploughing the field,they found,unearthed a approx 1 metre ivory elephant tusk,this

tusk was said to be worth 1 million baht,not sure but that was the word in the village,funny thing is they wont sell it,they say it will bring bad luck

if they sell it,so what they have been doing is they charge other thai people to come and look and prey by the side of it inside there "shack",they all

beleve this is going to bring them good luck,and i can say this, they always have people there waiting,they come from everywere to see it,my wife

says there making 3000bt per day from it,result for them me thinks :) .

hi

About 3 months ago,one of the family that live in the village,while ploughing the field,they found,unearthed a approx 1 metre ivory elephant tusk,this

tusk was said to be worth 1 million baht,not sure but that was the word in the village,funny thing is they wont sell it,they say it will bring bad luck

if they sell it,so what they have been doing is they charge other thai people to come and look and prey by the side of it inside there "shack",they all

beleve this is going to bring them good luck,and i can say this, they always have people there waiting,they come from everywere to see it,my wife

Very interesting. If there is one, it is unlikely to have been lost by someone ages ago, therefore there will probably be an entire skeleton spread out in the area, and thus also another tusk. Try and rent that piece of land from the owner and do some excavations yourself.

As for oil in them thar hills.... don't go loadin' up yer truck and heading fer Beverleeee.

hi

Well i will leave it up 2 you wether you believe this or not,but i have seen itt with my OWN eyes,

NO troll here,thank you very much.

Well, just remember the good fortunes of, Jed Clampett in the Beverlyhill Billies.

Keep digging and who knows what you’ll find.

Maybe they`res gold in them here hills.

But unfortunately I heard that one still has to have hard cash to satisfy the requirements of Immigration and they don’t consider an oil strike as a suitable investment for the issuing of visas.

Anyway, I wager that if you did strike oil here, some official would turn up on your doorstep with a piece of paper, giving 1001 reasons why you`re not entitled to it.

Edited by sassienie

One of the few on target posts here.........there are oil platforms near where I live.........big trucks come and go all day, every day, all year.........taking the crude oil to refineries.

I was shocked to see them.......never thought about it before and reminded me a bit of Texas in the old days.

My second thought was to drill underneath my (actually my wife's land). We never did that and now it seems like it would have been a waste of money and time.

The government takes all............figures.

So, the land owner actually gets nothing?