Where Can I Live To Get Very Good Internet

Altos

Hello again

new question.

If you look at the number 1,053,105 under received.

That number sometimes just stop counting, and then it moves again, slowly, then stop again, etc.

post-4485-1253294693_thumb.jpg

Is this slow line you think?

is this because there are many people on the same band line?

Or is it my telephone line?

Again, all comments will be appreciated.

PS. Lost the line 3 times during this posting.

I live in Jomtien and have endured TT&T MaxNet Indy's abysmal throughput for the past three months. Prior to that, I'd often get 3-4Mbps to the USA on my 5Mbps rated Indy account.

I'm currently in a local hotel near Narita Airport, on what I think is cable internet (they used to have cable modems you'd pick-up at the front desk at check-in but now have installed RJ11 ports in the rooms and the ISP sign-on screen is the same). In the middle of the night, I occasionally have seen close to 100Mbps results from speedtest.net. Just now, at mid-day, I got the following to Tokyo:

569063624.png

and the following to Los Angeles:

569064127.png

If only I could see this in Jomtien. If only.

I downloaded a full 700mb movie last night ( The Hangover ) ...............in 24 minutes. :)

It would take days in Thailand.

Not Necessarily. I live in Northern Bangkok, not too far from Minburi, off Ramintra Road, close to Fashion Island. I have a True account, 4 megs. Always at least 3.5 meg download, sometimes a little higher than 4 (esp on weekends, for some reason). I regularly download movies and shows via torrents and rapidshare. Takes about 25-30 minutes for a movie (700 mb). I can always start downloading my shows an hour or so before I want to watch them and they are always ready to go.

In the 6 or so years I have had high speed, I have had maybe 5 service outages, never lasting more than half a day. Pretty good record, if you ask me!

I'll do a speed test later today when I get home if you need proof.

I dont understand.

I have True ADSL, 100.0 Mbps.

I lose internet connection 7-8 times per day.

Sometimes it doesnt connect at all.

I sometimes takes 1-2 minutes to open a web page.

Sometimes I got this time out, so the page is not diplayed, because the connection stops, then suddenly resume.

I took the speed test.

The result is:

Download: 1.03 Mb/s.

Upload: 0.42 Mb/s.

According to the test (on the web page) it means a 800Mb movie in 104 minutes.

Absolutely no way that has ever happened on my computer.

I always have to copy/paste my posts, because I normally lose connection before I finish writing the posts here.

Can this be the telephone line?

I have a feeling there are so many on the same broadband line, it depends when one is online if one wants a fast line.

When I load down a file from internet, I can see in the box that the speed sometimes is about between 5 and 35Kb/s.

I live in Ratchayothin area.

As you understand, I do not know that much about this, so any comments or suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Anyone???

I guess not.

:D

Hello again

new question.

If you look at the number 1,053,105 under received.

That number sometimes just stop counting, and then it moves again, slowly, then stop again, etc.

post-4485-1253294693_thumb.jpg

Is this slow line you think?

is this because there are many people on the same band line?

Or is it my telephone line?

Again, all comments will be appreciated.

PS. Lost the line 3 times during this posting.

What about this one?

Anyone?

:)

Traveller, yes you have slow line.

As of my knowledge true does not offer 100meg lines. Maybe you have 1 meg line ?

Anyways your issue looks like connection problem. So can be your phoneline or modem. Some have reported here that they have been able to pursue True to replace their cables for better connection. Maybe you could try...

Also note that how fast connection you get to True servers their international bandwidht is not up to a par thus connections to europe and us are quite slow.

Traveller, yes you have slow line.

As of my knowledge true does not offer 100meg lines. Maybe you have 1 meg line ?

Anyways your issue looks like connection problem. So can be your phoneline or modem. Some have reported here that they have been able to pursue True to replace their cables for better connection. Maybe you could try...

Also note that how fast connection you get to True servers their international bandwidht is not up to a par thus connections to europe and us are quite slow.

Hi there

Thank you for the reply.

I really appreciate it.

I started to think the rumor about this Forum was true.

Most posters just post to brag about their equipment and their knowledge within this field.

Thnx again mate.

rgds