Wanted To Buy

Usual thing, want top quality + want to pay rock-bottom price.

I need to film some seminars in a small (6m x 6m) seminar room, so I imagine I would need something reasonable. I don't care if it is mini-DVD or flash RAM. What spec would I need to buy and where can I buy a good unit 2nd-hand? :)

All advice or suggestions would be well received.

I would be asking what format do you want - 16:9 or 4:3 then how much light is there going to be in the room. Some of the cheaper models will do fine however perform poorly in low light conditions. If you really want to save, then I would be considering Tape also. Some of the Sony models from about 4 - 5 years ago that are Digital Camcorders that record on Tape produce an excellent result, as long as you are happy with 4:3 format. Also if using a camera like that you will want to maximize your image quality by capturing it on a Firewire or 1394 cable, the data transfer rate is far higher and therefore the mount of data per frame will also be greater. You can look at Fortune on Ratchada near Rama 9 Rd there are some shops there that sell 2nd hand kit. I have occasionally seen kit like that at Pantip. Good Luck

I have a friend here in Fang, Chiangmai who is in the process of disposing of the collection of cameras and video cameras of a Farang who died recently...for the widow who knows nothing about such things. They only discovered after his death that he liked to hoard things, and had many brand new video cameras still in their original boxes, sometimes three of the same model. Perhaps he was a sucker for the buy1 get 1 free offers from Tesco/Lotus here....

I sure a bargain would be available.

IIRC there were two Samsung..new in box... mini DV....3 CCD...SD card and DV tape

Edited by fabianfred

These cameras are available....

Panasonic NV G2 230................ NV G5 85

Samsung VP D37 WI ...............VP D 34 i .........VP D 21 i ............SCD 70 (NTSC)

Canon MV 800i

Sony DCR DVD 201E ...............DCR HC 28E

some other Sony's too.... as yet not checked.....says my friend