World Cup 2010

delboy

Apologies if this has been posted before, I haven't noticed it and I could not find it with a search.

This was an article in the Bangkok Post 25th June 2009 giving details of Thailand's TV coverage of the 2010 World Cup, which we can officially look forward to now, as England will be there. Alas no mention of whether there will be English commentary. I suspect not, as that costs more money.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/sports/190...finals-coverage

The 2010 World Cup finals in South Africa will be shown live in Thailand without commercial breaks. CEO Surachai Chetchotisak of RS, which holds the broadcast rights in Thailand, said yesterday that all 64 matches will be televised live on Channel 3 and Channel 7.

"There will be no commercial breaks during the live coverage of the 2010 World Cup in South Africa from June 11-July 11," he said.

"The time for the live coverage is good for Thai fans as matches will be played at 6pm, 9pm and 1am (Thai time)."

The announcement was made in the presence of South African ambassador to Thailand Douglas Gibson, Channel 3 managing director Pravit Maleenont and Channel 7 managing director Surang Prempree.

Surachai said the World Cup telecast would be one of the best live sports coverage events here as both TV stations have experience in the field.

To help promote the tournament, RS and the two channels will produce special programmes to be aired from April to June, he said.

Also, there will be events mainly at CentralWorld and Siam Paragon in the run-up to the World Cup.

Edited by delboy

Apologies if this has been posted before, I haven't noticed it and I could not find it with a search.

This was an article in the Bangkok Post 25th June 2009 giving details of Thailand's TV coverage of the 2010 World Cup, which we can officially look forward to now, as England will be there. Alas no mention of whether there will be English commentary. I suspect not, as that costs more money.

The 2010 World Cup finals in South Africa will be shown live in Thailand without commercial breaks. CEO Surachai Chetchotisak of RS, which holds the broadcast rights in Thailand, said yesterday that all 64 matches will be televised live on Channel 3 and Channel 7.

"There will be no commercial breaks during the live coverage of the 2010 World Cup in South Africa from June 11-July 11," he said.

"The time for the live coverage is good for Thai fans as matches will be played at 6pm, 9pm and 1am (Thai time)."

The announcement was made in the presence of South African ambassador to Thailand Douglas Gibson, Channel 3 managing director Pravit Maleenont and Channel 7 managing director Surang Prempree.

Surachai said the World Cup telecast would be one of the best live sports coverage events here as both TV stations have experience in the field.

To help promote the tournament, RS and the two channels will produce special programmes to be aired from April to June, he said.

Also, there will be events mainly at CentralWorld and Siam Paragon in the run-up to the World Cup.

For football fans the covreage sounds good and the times better than 02am kickoffs

For football fans the covreage sounds good and the times better than 02am kickoffs

I remember the Japanese Korean WC. During the afternoon you couldn't get a taxi in the city if you tried. Finally a good time zone for us for a change.

After the Champions L is not aired anymore as well there, I guess this is yet another reason to cancel my True cable subscription.

:)

Actually in this case i don't believe it would be right for True to hold the rights. The World Cup is an event that all should be able to see, not only those "rich" enough to pay for satellite. It should be on terrestrial TV, but terrestrial TV should provide an English soundtrack for all the foreigners living here. It's not difficult for them to do and i don't think costs a great deal.

After the Champions L is not aired anymore as well there, I guess this is yet another reason to cancel my True cable subscription.

:)

Actually in this case i don't believe it would be right for True to hold the rights. The World Cup is an event that all should be able to see, not only those "rich" enough to pay for satellite. It should be on terrestrial TV, but terrestrial TV should provide an English soundtrack for all the foreigners living here. It's not difficult for them to do and i don't think costs a great deal.

Rix, I dont remember, did we have English commentary last time around?

:D

Rix, I dont remember, did we have English commentary last time around?

No we didn't mate. Haven't had it for the last few Euro comps either. :)