Abused By Immigration At Suvarnabhumi

The OP is a troll.

The end :)

I really think that Swampy could improve a lot especially with the immigration. With the queue, it can be a lot fairer if they introduce a maze-like queue rather than straight queue. Apart from that, a cute smiley telco-customer-service-like staff would be awesome too. There are plenty in the city. =0

I reckon you are on the money. TROLL 4 SURE.

Sorry but I had a Chinese jump in front of me and when he invited his whole family to join him, I kicked his carry-on suitcase out of the line and I went before him. I think he got the message quite clear with no words being exchanged. This isn't China, even though China owns half the country and they can wait in line like everyone else. I am quite sure he would not try that trick on a caucasion westerner again.

No excuse for queue jumping but usually a polite "please queue" would suffice. I would not kick someone else's belongings as it may escalate into something unnecessarily worse; to be hoest makes one as uncivilised as the queue jumper.

I have had my share of Chinese queue jumpers and at the end of the day, perhaps they don't know any better and of course, they ought to be told when caught out. My worse experience is with westerners/caucasian who, when they see many Asians in the queue, think they are the white masters and proceed to jump queue. Most CHinese just accept it because they do not know any better and jump queues themselves anyway. Only 2 airports tell these white rajahs wannabees where to get off and that is go to the end of the queue that has now formed - HK and Singapore. A couple of times I see the westerner kick up a fuss, more embarassed at being caught out (probably will write in a frum somewhre about being "abused"). For people who jump queues but ought to know better: what's your excuse???

I've never had a problem with the Thai immigration staff myself (although they aren't exactly 'fun' to deal with). But I have seen them full on *shouting* abuse at individual foreigners including calling them stupid on two occasions (a lot more was said but my Thai is limited).

Maybe they deserved it, I don't know. But it was a pretty unprofessional reaction and didn't exactly impress the other people waiting in line.

Been through Thai immigration hundreds of times and never suffered anything worse than not getting a smile returned. (Emotional abuse!)

I agree with other posters that US immigration is the worst. Quite ironic considering they have a 3000 mile open border to the south and 20+ million illegal immigrants, but being hardass to those arriving at airports is somehow improving national security.

It would appear that this thread is attracting negative and possibly unfair comments, as well as going off-topic. It shall be closed for now. If you have pertinent information, PM a moderator and they can re-open it.