Carabao Cover Band

anothertorres

Caravan are hardly a Carabao cover band! :)

There are some Carabao cover bands around. But pretty much any Thai in-house rock and middle-of-the-road band is likely to cover Carabao songs.

Anyway, Carabao are still playing live roughly 300 nights of the year, so it's not too difficult to find them locally several times a year, especially if you're in Pattaya or Bangkok.

Edited by KhaoNiaw

trust me, i go to the local bars and request Carabao and Loso and whatnot. but these guys seem to really dislike playing them. they'd rather butcher some CCR (seriously, what's with these guys now covering CCR!?!) or bring that girl up to sing 'Black Velvet'. ugh, enough!

Don't know what bars you are going to!

Try Pacific Bar or next door at Toy Bar - corner of Soi 2 and 2nd Road. Wander further north up the road to Martin Tattoo Bar - just after Ibis Hotel and listen to the band there.

trust me, i go to the local bars and request Carabao and Loso and whatnot. but these guys seem to really dislike playing them. they'd rather butcher some CCR (seriously, what's with these guys now covering CCR!?!) or bring that girl up to sing 'Black Velvet'. ugh, enough!

Try Pacific Bar or next door at Toy Bar - corner of Soi 2 and 2nd Road. Wander further north up the road to Martin Tattoo Bar - just after Ibis Hotel and listen to the band there.

Pacific, Toy, Martin Tattoo... question, are these regular cover bands playing crap music from the 60s ad 70s with a bit of horrible music from the 80s and 90s? :)

or do these guys like to play a mix of Thai and Western? seriously, enough with the Bon Jovi. i mean, if you're gonna play Bon Jovi, he's got much better songs than "It's My Life".

If you REALLY want to hear Thai music...try getting away from the beach bars.

There are several GOOD Thai music joints--which also serve food..including french fries.

Try Kampan Pub...in Soi 2 opposite Big C.

Excellent music, but food not so great.

No poor Thais there...it's the hangout of the well heeled set.

I like Krapow Dang ( No English on the signs) off South Pattaya Road...good music...Good food.

Usually a few falang at Kampun...rarely any at Krapow Dang.

Both are BIG places.

Carabao comes to Kampun from time to time..as does Pongsit Kampee et al.

It came as a BIG surprise to me...There's a shitload of GREAT Thai music.

Now...10 years down the road, I'm well and truely hooked.

The reason bands in falang areas aren't so keen on playing Thai music--so I'm given to understand--is that the bar owner is out to atract falang...and few falang want anything to do with Thais or their bands.

If you want to go...PM me.

Come along with my lady and I ...and EVERY Thai woman you happen to be with...will have an involuntary orgasm at finding a falang who appreciates anything Thai.

hahahahah...but true nevertheless.

Carabao.. is generally said to be a purr chewit ( folk music/country and western) band...but he's a old rocker from way back, as well

Good Luck

Pacific, Toy, Martin Tattoo... question, are these regular cover bands playing crap music from the 60s ad 70s with a bit of horrible music from the 80s and 90s? :)

or do these guys like to play a mix of Thai and Western? seriously, enough with the Bon Jovi. i mean, if you're gonna play Bon Jovi, he's got much better songs than "It's My Life".

All sorts of music and at Martin Bar most nights after 1:30a.m. there is a band that plays ONLY Thai music until about 2:30a.m. sometimes later.

My bands will do some Thai numbers on request, Loso, SMF (Inlekfi) and of course Carabao.

Incidentally Carabao will be playing on October at Marine disco for their anniversary party, I will be there.

Also an ex recording artist with the Grateful Dead pops in the jam from time to time as he lives in Pattaya.

:)

My bands will do some Thai numbers on request, Loso, SMF (Inlekfi) and of course Carabao.

Incidentally Carabao will be playing on October at Marine disco for their anniversary party, I will be there.

Also an ex recording artist with the Grateful Dead pops in the jam from time to time as he lives in Pattaya.

Silly question - Marine Disco - is there some reason that it is the venue?

I remember seeing them when I first arrived in Pattaya across the road from Foodland when it was an open field! Brilliant night, I remember seeing 2 other western guys and certainly no other western women. I will be there for their anniversary party wherever it is.

Silly question - Marine Disco - is there some reason that it is the venue?

I remember seeing them when I first arrived in Pattaya across the road from Foodland when it was an open field! Brilliant night, I remember seeing 2 other western guys and certainly no other western women. I will be there for their anniversary party wherever it is.

Marine always normally get Carabao or similar in on their anniversary party's, Marine 1 on Walking St has a live music set up.

:D