Best Coffee In Bangkok

Ritti

Many coffee addicts have told me they love Vietnamese coffee - haven't tried it myself, as had to give up caffeine.

You mean in Vietnam ?

Best coffee bean I got in my life was there!

I try most of Thailand coffee bean the last 11 years, so disappointed, sometime i will got to paragon and get some bland at exorbitant price ( 2750 kilo)

I mainly get my source from Australia / Melbourne in & grams, bit expensive at $40 a kilo but nice

Many coffee addicts have told me they love Vietnamese coffee - haven't tried it myself, as had to give up caffeine.

Vietnamese coffee is actually inferior to the best Thai coffees, but they are prepared well, so many people enjoy them anyway. Lao coffee is probably as good as Thai coffee, but the beans are roasted correctly and all of that.

Do not agree.

They have first the civet café; second production of robusta is for the mass, if you know where to go you will get some Arabica of high quality

From the blog site and map, it appears they are saying this place is INSIDE The Bedrooms Hotel located there next to Carrefour Onnut... Is that correct? It's inside the hotel???

my great taste and place at here!!

"Cafe Martini Bar" at Oon-Nuj, Sukumwit 77/1 (near OOn-Nut BTS station)

At there serve both of some drink and coffee with homemade bakery (have free wireless internet)

if you need to find the cosy lovely place to enjoy with friends in cool atmosphere, I introduce U

see info below

URL cafemartini.blogspot.com

Cheers and Meet U at there(my favorited place)!!!

Br :)

I find even Vietnamese civet coffee inferior in taste to the better arabicas from N Thailand. BTW there is now wild Thai civet coffee available but even there, the whole civet concept seems like a case of the emperor's new clothes to me.

http://www.doichaangcoffee.com/doi-chaang-...ld-civet-coffee

Thank for the link, the wholesale price look very fair.

Next time will get some from them

Sometime I paid over 2000 baht for a kilo in emporium, generally I got mine in Australia, price vary from 25AU$ to 40AU$

The top range on the site Doi Chang is 68$ for 5 pound.

My concern is, I think I try this brand few years ago & was not so impresses with it, will try again.

I will live the Civet coffee to the vietnam or indonesian

Answering my own question posed above, the TW and I stopped by Cafe Martini the other weekday during a shopping trip to Carrefour Onnut. Indeed, Cafe Martini is located in an alcove of The Bedrooms Hotel, located just next to the Carrefour shopping center there. And Cafe Martini does have a small sign outside pointing the way.

Overall, based on a first visit, I'd give CM a mixed review: For comfort and atmosphere, it's a lovely, small place. Big plush comfortable upholstered chairs for sitting, a decent stereo system, a big color TV on the wall with CNN or BBC the day we were there, and a very gracious host/proprietor who waited on us that afternoon. Enough air con to stay cool inside, a bit of an outdoor patio for those who want to smoke. And wifi Internet available, with a password from the establishment.

Regarding the menu, there's quite a large selection of different kinds of teas and coffees (hot, cold and blended), fruit juices and sodas and such, all at pretty reasonable prices compared to the likes of Starbucks and CoffeeWorld and such. The Mrs. and I tried a couple of different varieties of coffees, all satisfactory. Prices for the coffees tended to run between 55 and 80 baht depending on the variety and style.

However, where Cafe Martini fell down a bit for us was in the food menu, which is quite limited, and based on our sampling, not much to get excited about. The day of our visit, they had a selection of puff meat pies and pastries, a traditional waffle with chocolate sauce and whipped topping, and a nice looking chocolate cake. We tried the waffle, perfectly satisfactory, but nothing special, and the chocolate cake, which despite its appearance, had a kind of store-bought taste.

So if you're in the neighborhood, a short walk from the On Nut BTS station, and want to take a rest from the heat, noise or hubbub outside, Cafe Martini is a nice, pleasant, welcoming place to stop for a tea, coffee or soda. But given the limited menu, and the many other good eating choices nearby, I'd probably plan to do my eating elsewhere.

Don't forget to add John the terrific view of the entrance to the Carrefour parking lot. :)

Hey this is On Nut - Carrefour is considered the aesthetic pinnacle of the area. Having a relatively comfortable and pleasant coffee shop there is like placing a serviced public toilet in the centre of Delhi. It's welcome.

Don't forget to add John the terrific view of the entrance to the Carrefour parking lot. :)

Hey this is On Nut - Carrefour is considered the aesthetic pinnacle of the area. Having a relatively comfortable and pleasant coffee shop there is like placing a serviced public toilet in the centre of Delhi. It's welcome.

Haha true.

My fave coffee in BKK is the coffee I make at home.

I get the Bon Café Morning coffee (black bag with red label) from Villa and brew it in my own 25year old percolator.

Yummy.

Don't know if its Thai beans or not. I tried traditional Thai coffee in Pitsanulok. Cripes, that stuff is bitter.

I am involved in the coffee industry in Thailand and I can tell you if you want to try the best coffees ( these are all Italian coffees all with South American origins but multi country blends.....not single origin coffee as is the case in this country) go to 7th Floor Central world in Bangkok.....Segafreddo ( Italy) have a shop there...right alongside them is Pizza Pizza restaurant serving Mokador ( Italy). Go down one floor to Giannnis & they are serving Lavazza ( Italy).....hope this helps u out

You mean in Vietnam ?

Best coffee bean I got in my life was there!

I try most of Thailand coffee bean the last 11 years, so disappointed, sometime i will got to paragon and get some bland at exorbitant price ( 2750 kilo)

I mainly get my source from Australia / Melbourne in & grams, bit expensive at $40 a kilo but nice

if you want some good Italian gourmet coffee at a good price 1350/kg call Kh Ampha at Mokador 0879170560. Under company rules it is not allowed to be sold in supermarkets but she is supplying private customers around bangkok.

I am involved in the coffee industry in Thailand and I can tell you if you want to try the best coffees ( these are all Italian coffees all with South American origins but multi country blends.....not single origin coffee as is the case in this country) go to 7th Floor Central world in Bangkok.....Segafreddo ( Italy) have a shop there...right alongside them is Pizza Pizza restaurant serving Mokador ( Italy). Go down one floor to Giannnis & they are serving Lavazza ( Italy).....hope this helps u out

Cant argue with, Segafredo or however its spelled is all I use at home.

I cant quite say much about the coffee (as I dont drink coffee), but for a nice relaxed atmosphere and some really good cakes try Kuppa in Sukhumvit 16. their coffee must be good too though, as I see lots of people all the time :)

(they also do some food....but nothing exceptional)

I cant quite say much about the coffee (as I dont drink coffee), but for a nice relaxed atmosphere and some really good cakes try Kuppa in Sukhumvit 16. their coffee must be good too though, as I see lots of people all the time :D

(they also do some food....but nothing exceptional)

Migsy, Kuppa is for snobs :D and Arsenal fans. :)

I knew I was on to something when I 'discovered' it some years ago :)

(sidetracked - I 'discovered' Bella Napoli in a similar way - the best pasta I had in BKK back then! pizza aint too bad either....)

• 6 months later...

That I know, there is only one brand of coffee in thailand that is quite good for my taste: Yoddoi Coffee

Yoddoi Coffee, their coffee is from the hill tribes from the north. Very strong smell and great mild taste.

At the shop they prepare the coffee terrible. taste horrible, way too strong and just a drop of fresh milk (just like most coffee shops in thailand)

if you are a person who appreciate real coffee, you go buy the beans from Yoddoi, brew it yourself and make your filter coffee.

That I know some great tasting coffee in bangkok:

- Au Bon pain: most delicious coffee.

- Assumption University cafeteria: mild and great taste.

- Coffee world: good coffee.

The worse tasting coffee:

- True coffee shop, so strong, little milk, bitter taste. I cannot enjoy that coffee. only in emergency case :)

- Starbucks, too strong and bitter. even adding milk taste is not great.

You guys have no idea how good Vietnam coffee is..

Vietnam coffee is excellent. it tastes like any other coffee you have ever tried.

I went to vietnam and brought several packs of coffee, Trung Nguyen brand.

it's the most delicious coffee, very strong thou, you need to put small amount in the machine/filter.

I bought for 2 dollars each coffee pack. they sell for $5-6 on the website.

http://www.trung-nguyen-online.com/trung-n...offee-order.php

Edited by brfsa2

You guys have no idea how good Vietnam coffee is..

Vietnam coffee is excellent. it tastes like any other coffee you have ever tried.

I went to vietnam and brought several packs of coffee, Trung Nguyen brand.

it's the most delicious coffee, very strong thou, you need to put small amount in the machine/filter.

I bought for 2 dollars each coffee pack. they sell for $5-6 on the website.

http://www.trung-nguyen-online.com/trung-n...offee-order.php

Oh, yes we know, coffee bean purchase is high on my list and one of the reason I fly there at time..

But do you have any idea ' how easy ' or try before to order from the trung nguyen home page and have it send to a place in Thailand ??