Pattaya Hotels During Songkran

tariq

hi, i'm travelling to pattaya on april 8th. i have a flight only as I usually find a hotel when i get there but i've never been during songkran. will it be dificult to find a hotel during this period?

thanks

tariq

Probably not difficult to find a room but choice may be more restricted.Why wait until you arrive, sometimes better offers on internet,especially at better hotels.Prices of hotels also often higher during Songkran.

Personally I stay away from Pattaya during Songkran. Last year it took me 5 hours to drive 2 miles! Get the real flavour and go somewhere that is really Thai.

In the rest of Thailand Songkran 13-15 April in Pattaya 19th is Songkran day.

thanks for that. i only really know pattaya. this will be my third time and although the girly fun is nice i would like to experience the real thailand. i went by myself 2years ago and because of that i found myself making more friends and with thais too so i had a great time.

where would you recommend going? i'm in my 30's and will be travelling alone. i do like to party but not all the time. i was considering going on a 4 day package to chiang mai with the elephant, rafting and hill treck stuff to do but i didn't fancy the idea of being on an orgasnised trip with a load of tourists. i would like to experience some real thai culture.

i do want to spend some time in pattaya though as i help sponsor a child in the orphanage there so i'd like to visit and donate some stuff.

any suggestions?

cheers

Hi Tariq.Not got any special ladies in Pattaya yet? If not, try finding one who is going home for Songkran in the first few days and if you feel adventurous, and don't mind spending a few baht,go back to their village up north.Songkran in Isaan is great as long as you want true Thai living! You can move on up yourself from say Korat to Chiang Mai,lots of local buses,air con,toilet and cheap.Otherwise you can take a bus direct from Pattaya to Chiang Mai.See all countryside and at a fraction of cost.You can then take local tours or taxis in Chiang Mai.

If you want to meet up for a beer when you arrive will be happy to show you whats what.

Hi Tariq.Not got any special ladies in Pattaya yet? If not, try finding one who is going home for Songkran in the first few days and if you feel adventurous, and don't mind spending a few baht,go back to their village up north.Songkran in Isaan is great as long as you want true Thai living! You can move on up yourself from say Korat to Chiang Mai,lots of local buses,air con,toilet and cheap.Otherwise you can take a bus direct from Pattaya to Chiang Mai.See all countryside and at a fraction of cost.You can then take local tours or taxis in Chiang Mai.

If you want to meet up for a beer when you arrive will be happy to show you whats what.

Hi dragonman. No not at the moment....but there's time!! That sounds like aq good idea actually and I think I'd probably get more from the experience than spending it in pattaya.

How long would a bus trip to chiang mai take.. it looks quite a distance?

Thanks for your offer of meeting up for a drink. If I end up in Chiang Mai I'll take you up on it. Do you have an email address.. I'll be checking emails whilst in Pattaya.

Cheers.

Tariq,may have given wrong impression. I live just outside Pattaya.

Agree flight from Bangkok much easier,but I was thinking of the views of the changing scenery on what admittedly is a 14 hour trip.Possibly flight back.

Hi, ah well if you're onlyu outside pattaya then sure we can meet for a drink. I've booked my hotel. Its far from luxurious but its clean cheap and central and I've stayed there before.

Haven't decided on the trip to Chiang Mai yet but I can do that once in Pattaya.

I don't suppose you could recommend the best way to get to Pattaya brom BKK airport? I arranged a pick up thru the hotel last time but I have to arrange my own pick-up this time. Is there a reputable company I can contact?

Cheers

Tariq...