Windows Xp Came With Computer

PennyFarthing123

I recently purchased a new computer from a shop in Cha Am. I don't know if it is a valid operating system or pirated as this is Thailand and everything is suspect. I was trying to download a patch to one of my games that was purchased pre XP and I am informed I need to download Direct X. My questions is "Do I dare download Direct X if my system turns out to be pirated." I don't want microsoft coming along and telling me my system is invalid and that I now have to purchase a new one. :)

Has anyone had any problems??

I'm sorry but unless you are prepared to run updates for you OS then you are asking for trouble. I have found the people who complain about Windows OS are the ones who run pirated copies so open themselves up to problems. A legit copy updated automatically will save you lots of time and money. The OS of your computer is the most important part of the wholew system. Better to pay a litle bit more than risk all the problems that are out there. I have been running legit XP and Vista now for over 2 years here and not a virus or other problem in that time. Any problem I have with Windows I know I can call on the full resources of MS to assist me as I have paid for it!

I'm sorry but unless you are prepared to run updates for you OS then you are asking for trouble. I have found the people who complain about Windows OS are the ones who run pirated copies so open themselves up to problems. A legit copy updated automatically will save you lots of time and money. The OS of your computer is the most important part of the wholew system. Better to pay a litle bit more than risk all the problems that are out there. I have been running legit XP and Vista now for over 2 years here and not a virus or other problem in that time. Any problem I have with Windows I know I can call on the full resources of MS to assist me as I have paid for it!

i have been running computer from when win 98 came out and never had any problems with copy os myself and my computer is like the top of the range i've spent over 12,000usd works fine

Intel i7 920, Asus P6T DE, GF295 SLI, Ocz 6 /1600 Triple Channel DDR3, Seagate 1TB, ThermalTake ToughPower 1200, SB X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Serie, Logitech MX5500 Combo. Samsung 23" 2333SW, Window 7 64bit

DSCF8139.jpg

Edited by imafaranggetmeoutofhere

my computer is like the top of the range i've spent over 12,000usd works fine

Seriously? Looks like at most a $3,000 rig. :)

i wish

Top Brand Watercooling Kit

1/Aquabox 5 1/4

1/Aquaero 4.00 USB Fan-Controller, VF

1/Black Faceplate for Aquaero

2/Aqua Computer Poweradjust USB (with mounting kit)

1/Aquatube G1/4 Delrin black with fittings

1/Black Faceplate for Aquatube

1/Aquabay AT (installation bay for aquatube

12/Blacknoise Noiseblocker Multiframe S-Series M12-S1 51.2 CFM

1/Logisys Dual White 12in. CCFL Light kit

2/SATA II Cable Black 24" 180 to 90 degree connector

1/TIM-Consultants - T-C Grease™ 0098 Thermal Interface Material

1/Floppy Black 18"

2/Feser One F1 Cooling Fluid - UV Black - 1 Liter

2/DD12V-D5 Pump Variable Speed by Laing

2/Feser X-Changer QUAD 480 Extreme Performance Radiator

8/Feser TFC Xtender - Radiator Shroud 120 - BLUE LED

2/A.C. Ryan AcrylPanel 3mm 480x480mm Black

Black Heatshrink 1/2 inch - 5 foot

Custom Cut Length 3/8 Expandable Sleeving - 10 foot

Tygon R3603 7/16 x 5/8" AAC00033 40 Foot

2 / HEATKILLER® GPU-X² GTX295

1/ HEATKILLER® CPU Rev3.0 1366 LT

1 MCH2049 ASUS P6T Deluxe / OC Palm Dualchip Freezer POM

1 MCH2157 ASUS R2E / P6T Series Mosfet Freezer 1 POM

1 MCH2159 ASUS P6T Series Mosfet Freezer 2 POM

1 MCH2248 RAM Freezer 5 incl. 3 RAM Modules

2 Bitspower D5 / MCP655 Mod Kit - Black Sparkle

2 Bitspower D5/MCP655 Pump Mod Replacement Top

8 Bitspower True Silver 1/2in. Compression Fittings for 5/8in. OD Tubing

1 Bitspower G1/4 Silver Shining Compression Rotary Angle Fitting for Tube 11/8MM - # BP-LRV

1 Akasa PaxMate II Noise Reduction Kit

10 Set of 4 Female Molex Pins

1 3-Pin #2510 Female Header Housing

1 Male Molex Connector

1 Female Molex Connector

1 3-pin Male Header

1 Aquatube G1/4 Delrin black without fittings

1 Aquaero 4.00 USB Fan-Controller, white/BLUE

1 Aquabox 5 1/4" schwarz without fittings

2 Illumination module BLUE for aquatube G1/4

2 Connector plug&cool straight G 1/8

1 Aquabus cable for tubemeter

1 Tubemeter USB fill level sensor

my computer is like the top of the range i've spent over 12,000usd works fine

Seriously? Looks like at most a $3,000 rig. :huh:

i wish

Top Brand Watercooling Kit

1/Aquabox 5 1/4

1/Aquaero 4.00 USB Fan-Controller, VF

1/Black Faceplate for Aquaero

2/Aqua Computer Poweradjust USB (with mounting kit)

1/Aquatube G1/4 Delrin black with fittings

1/Black Faceplate for Aquatube

1/Aquabay AT (installation bay for aquatube

12/Blacknoise Noiseblocker Multiframe S-Series M12-S1 51.2 CFM

1/Logisys Dual White 12in. CCFL Light kit

2/SATA II Cable Black 24" 180 to 90 degree connector

1/TIM-Consultants - T-C Grease™ 0098 Thermal Interface Material

1/Floppy Black 18"

2/Feser One F1 Cooling Fluid - UV Black - 1 Liter

2/DD12V-D5 Pump Variable Speed by Laing

2/Feser X-Changer QUAD 480 Extreme Performance Radiator

8/Feser TFC Xtender - Radiator Shroud 120 - BLUE LED

2/A.C. Ryan AcrylPanel 3mm 480x480mm Black

Black Heatshrink 1/2 inch - 5 foot

Custom Cut Length 3/8 Expandable Sleeving - 10 foot

Tygon R3603 7/16 x 5/8" AAC00033 40 Foot

2 / HEATKILLER® GPU-X² GTX295

1/ HEATKILLER® CPU Rev3.0 1366 LT

1 MCH2049 ASUS P6T Deluxe / OC Palm Dualchip Freezer POM

1 MCH2157 ASUS R2E / P6T Series Mosfet Freezer 1 POM

1 MCH2159 ASUS P6T Series Mosfet Freezer 2 POM

1 MCH2248 RAM Freezer 5 incl. 3 RAM Modules

2 Bitspower D5 / MCP655 Mod Kit - Black Sparkle

2 Bitspower D5/MCP655 Pump Mod Replacement Top

8 Bitspower True Silver 1/2in. Compression Fittings for 5/8in. OD Tubing

1 Bitspower G1/4 Silver Shining Compression Rotary Angle Fitting for Tube 11/8MM - # BP-LRV

1 Akasa PaxMate II Noise Reduction Kit

10 Set of 4 Female Molex Pins

1 3-Pin #2510 Female Header Housing

1 Male Molex Connector

1 Female Molex Connector

1 3-pin Male Header

1 Aquatube G1/4 Delrin black without fittings

1 Aquaero 4.00 USB Fan-Controller, white/BLUE

1 Aquabox 5 1/4" schwarz without fittings

2 Illumination module BLUE for aquatube G1/4

2 Connector plug&cool straight G 1/8

1 Aquabus cable for tubemeter

1 Tubemeter USB fill level sensor

Somehow it does not fit. So much effort and still only an Intel I7 920. It is the lowest I7 CPU on the market. And no Raid? Why? You seem to be a severe overclocker using this computer mainly for games I guess. But why not then a game console for a fraction of this price? I never had one but I think they will be faster because they are just build for this. And create less heat and have less power consumption. Please correct me if I am wrong. In addition to all this DX11 is around the corner and might force you to do some upgrades - the expensive graphic cards - if you want to sell one please let me know - I just plan to build a new system. So what is the advantage of such a system over a game console? Again, I never had one but what I see they do a great job - even play Blue Ray.

Somehow it does not fit. So much effort and still only an Intel I7 920. It is the lowest I7 CPU on the market. And no Raid? Why? You seem to be a severe overclocker using this computer mainly for games I guess. But why not then a game console for a fraction of this price? I never had one but I think they will be faster because they are just build for this. And create less heat and have less power consumption. Please correct me if I am wrong. In addition to all this DX11 is around the corner and might force you to do some upgrades - the expensive graphic cards - if you want to sell one please let me know - I just plan to build a new system. So what is the advantage of such a system over a game console? Again, I never had one but what I see they do a great job - even play Blue Ray.

well with my i7 i can overclock it to around 4,5 thats okay for me also i have two computers here the other spec down below so i want be selling any parts from the intel rig maybe the amd rig because i will go for the new cards depends really or i may buy another computer ... :):D:D

Coolermaster Cosmos S Phenom II X4 955 MSI 790FX-GD70 Sapphire HD4890 Seagate 160GB 4 /Corsair Microsystems Corsair XMS3 CoolerMaster Silent Pro M 600W CoolerMaster v10 Windows 7 Ultimate

DSCF8171-1.jpg

well with my i7 i can overclock it to around 4,5 thats okay for me also i have two computers here the other spec down below so i want be selling any parts from the intel rig maybe the amd rig because i will go for the new cards depends really or i may buy another computer ... :):D:D

You did not really answer my question. Are game consoles not the better way to go?

You did not really answer my question. Are game consoles not the better way to go?

well for me i have had xbox 360 ps3? i always go back to my pc ? but with consoles they do have more games then the pc but depends what games your into at the end of the day yes some pc games are better then the ps3 and xbox but also depend on your system ?

well for me i have had xbox 360 ps3? i always go back to my pc ? but with consoles they do have more games then the pc but depends what games your into at the end of the day yes some pc games are better then the ps3 and xbox but also depend on your system ?

But is it possible to reach the speed of a game console with a PC?

here take a look at this is old because i'm still working on the intel

Benchmark Crysis WarHead, Farcry2, 3DMark Vantage, GF295sli

3DMark Vantage,3DMARK.jpg

Farcry2,

FARCRY1.jpg

FARCRY2.jpg

FARCRY3.jpg

Crysis WarHead,

WARHEAD1.jpg

Crysis Warhead Benchmark

v1.1.1.0

The benchmark started at 1/26/2009 831 PM

System Information

Operating system: Windows Vista Ultimate

System memory: 4.0 GB

CPU: Intel® Core i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz

CPU speed: 3700 MHz

Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295 - 0 MB

Benchmark information

Demo: Cave

Quality: Very High (tweaked)

Renderer mode: DirectX 10

Antialising mode: 16xQ

Filtering mode: Anisotropic 16×

MultiGPU support: Enabled

Boost renderer: Disabled

Use Custom Config File: No

Random .exe: Disabled

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Resolution: 1920×1080 (HD WideScreen)

Result(1): Minimum= 37 FPS Average= 81 FPS Max= 186 FPS

Crysis Warhead Benchmark

v1.1.1.0

The benchmark started at 1/26/2009 814 PM

System Information

Benchmark information

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Resolution: 1280×768 (HD WideScreen)

Result(1): Minimum= 41 FPS Average= 88 FPS Max= 153 FPS

WARHEAD2.jpg

Crysis Warhead Benchmark

v1.1.1.0

The benchmark started at 1/26/2009 810 PM

System Information

Benchmark information

Resolution: 1600×1200

Result(1): Minimum= 42 FPS Average= 82 FPS Max= 142 FPS

WARHEAD3.jpg

System SpecsCPU maker: CPU: i7 920

Motherboard: Asus P6T DE

GPU maker: Graphics Card: XFX GTX 295 & ASUS ENG TX 295 SLI

Memory: Ocz 12/1600 Triple Channel DDR3

Hard Drive: Seagate 1TB

Optical Drive: Pioneer DVR-S16FXB DVD-RW 20X / SATA / Black Piano

Power Supply: ThermalTake ToughPower 1200

Display: Samsung 23" 2333SW

Case: Cooler Master Stacker 832 Black

Sound Card: SB X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Serie

Speakers: Pioneer High Power AV Receiver / S-MS700/S-EW2

Mouse: Logitech MX5500

Mouse pad: Cooler Master Stacker

Keyboard: Logitech MX5500

Operating System: Vista Ultimate 64bit

You get a lot of fps. How many fps can a game console achieve? Can the eyes make a difference between 30 fps and 80 fps for instance? And this all on the average LCD monitor that you use?

I really want to find out if it is not a better idea to buy a game console instead of a PC if you like to play games and play them on a normal TV. A good PC for games is extremely expensive. Then it might be a better idea to play with an old monitor because of the refreshing rates - not to mention the color problems with LCDs.

You spend so much money to have the perfect games. Please let me know what is wrong with my thinking.

You get a lot of fps. How many fps can a game console achieve? Can the eyes make a difference between 30 fps and 80 fps for instance? And this all on the average LCD monitor that you use?

I really want to find out if it is not a better idea to buy a game console instead of a PC if you like to play games and play them on a normal TV. A good PC for games is extremely expensive. Then it might be a better idea to play with an old monitor because of the refreshing rates - not to mention the color problems with LCDs.

You spend so much money to have the perfect games. Please let me know what is wrong with my thinking.

fps it really depends on the game really also the gpu card well lcd are very cheap these days to what i was paying back in the day.. i have a samsung 22"inch but i'm thinking about getting a 40inch plasma ?

yea it can be very expensive if your not will to go all out then go for something cheap like amd the best bet for you and go crossfire i'm just playing Section 8 wow thats a killer game :)

fps it really depends on the game really also the gpu card well lcd are very cheap these days to what i was paying back in the day.. i have a samsung 22"inch but i'm thinking about getting a 40inch plasma ?

yea it can be very expensive if your not will to go all out then go for something cheap like amd the best bet for you and go crossfire i'm just playing Section 8 wow thats a killer game :)

Anyhow great computer what you have and interesting to talk to you. Never saw a desktop like this. I just want to build a new desktop since the I7-860 is out now. I am waiting for DX11. But after reading fancy test reports I always end up with the question how far should I go and do I really need this? Then I think just take the better components to be on the safe side. But now I see I could end up with $ 12000 - in my case just to be on the safe side - I am not a gamer. But who knows what the future and a faster PC could bring... Perhaps I should stick to my old desktop to be on the safe side and if I want to play games one day then with an Xbox - I guess for the price of 1 good graphic card :-)))

fps it really depends on the game really also the gpu card <--- you forgot to include FPS also depends on HDD and Proc speed. And also to point out if u get the best Gfx card and a weak Proc , the Proc will bottleneck the gfx card.

Nice rigs , only thing fail about ur rig is Win Vista. Vista fails at gaming. If you were actually using XP/Win7 you would see a major bump in FPS

Anyhow great computer what you have and interesting to talk to you. Never saw a desktop like this. I just want to build a new desktop since the I7-860 is out now. I am waiting for DX11. But after reading fancy test reports I always end up with the question how far should I go and do I really need this? Then I think just take the better components to be on the safe side. But now I see I could end up with $ 12000 - in my case just to be on the safe side - I am not a gamer. But who knows what the future and a faster PC could bring... Perhaps I should stick to my old desktop to be on the safe side and if I want to play games one day then with an Xbox - I guess for the price of 1 good graphic card :-)))

Basically Technology is a never ending race. Its expensive to keep up with all the new releases. And it doesn't means since its expensive it's good. Just do some research on the product and know ur stuff you could build a pretty decent rig.

• 2 weeks later...

Here in this Street Fighter IV review in paragraph 6 you can see an example of how a PC version of a game can deliver higher quality graphics although in this case he's not talking about speed. I have a PC I built for gaming it's based around an Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66 GHz CPU and an overclocked ATI HD4850 GPU with add-on cooler, not high high end but it will still outperform my friend's XBOX360 playing Race Driver Grid at 1360x768, the res. of my 37" LCD TV, on top of which the pc performance improves year after year whereas consoles have a minimum 5 year life cycle and so there is no way to upgrade. Now this is just some anecdotal evidence and the PC vs console gaming argument is really a matter of personal choice and about the kind of games you play and how you play them, 1 player, 2 player online etc etc. The perfect solution being unlimited funds and one of each. :)

all the truths, and the main factor still stands, PCs are upgradable, in hardware and software. Companies don't exactly patch console games and fix bugs after they're released.

Look at HL2, upgraded and dated for 64 bit processing to optimise and run better. Consoles can't compare, just revise how they're programed for.

also just tested my StreetFighterIV

SCORE: 6584

AVERAGE: 59.81FPS

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Processor

Memory: 4092MB

Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series

Video Memory: 1024MB

Display Setting: 1920x1080 60Hz 8xAA

©CAPCOM U.S.A., INC. 2008, 2009 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

• 2 weeks later...

Amazing. Guy asked a simple question and we got hijacked into a p_nis size contest. It's not the system, it's your knowledge about how it works. Supernova (Post #2) hit the nail right on the head. The topic should have ended there.

At any rate I've had no problems with either Legal or copied Windows, high end/low end or old/new systems.

And just for the record, I been a geek for over 20 years but the number of years in the business or the amount of dollars spent may or may not mean anything.