Thai Police Clearance Certificate

Hi all,

I am a UK citizen who has been living in Thailand for more than 12 months. I'm actually applying for my Australian Permanent residency which I hope will be completed in the next few months.

As part of my application (to prove to the Aussies that I've been good and not been in trouble while living here in the LOS) I need a 'Thai Police Clearance Certificate'.

I can't find much info on the web about it -- most relates to Thai nationals who need police clearance checks. So I was wondering if anyone has any experience or knows of the process involved. Where to go, how much, how long it takes, etc.

Thanks

It is fairly straight forward. The application for a Thai police clearance may be made at the Special Branch Bureau, Royal Thai Police Headquarters, Rama I Road, Bangkok, Building 24. Application forms and detailed instructions are also available at that location.

If you are able to go there yourself, then it's quite easy. They will take fingerprints and a photo and about 10 days later you can pick up your police clearance certificate. You can also nominate a person to pick it up on your behalf, the form for that is also available there.

You can also have fingerprints taken at a police station in your country and submit them together with a passport photo for processing but this is more complicated.

BTW this service is FOC.