Flash flood warning issued for 26 provinces due to heavy rain

webfact

1 hour ago, Chris Daley said:

Dry as a bone here.  We need more climate change.

Had a 30 minute average shower here yesterday morning [Friday], one hour later everything was dry again.

45 minutes ago, Stargeezr said:

Well it is still the wet season I guess.

Still? Hasn't started here in south Surin - a few light showers & a couple of 'steady rains' for 1 hour is all we've had in the last 2 weeks, and nothing before that since November.

42 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

No mention of sand bags... must be a good year

Local gov; supplied us with sandbags last year because of flooding in our soi . Only problem was the bags were plastic and not hessian .  Chocolate teapot scenario . 

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, CharlieKo said:

From an english language news source!

The department said the 11 northern provinces that could be hit by floods during the period are: Mae Hong Son, Chiang Mai, Lamphun, Lampang, Phrae, Nan, Uttardit, Tak, Sukhothai, Phitsanulok and Phetchabun.

It also warned residents of Chonburi, Rayong, Chanthaburi and Trat to watch out for heavy rains.

The department said the southern provinces that could be hit by heavy rains and floods during the period were: Chumphon, Surat Thani, Nakhon Si Thammarat, Phatthalung, Songkhla, Ranong, Phang Nga, Phuket, Krabi, Trang and Satun.

Dear Fellow Reader,

Thanks a million for filling in the blanks left by the news team.  Perhaps you could apply for a job as Senior Weather Reporter as you have supplied the rest of us with a simply excellent and thorough report.
In the meanwhile I guess the Mrs and I will break out the rowboat and waders, and perhaps the fishing poles, as we await the coming deluge.

With a tip of the hat,
A Loyal Reader

Edited by connda