Getting From Ubon Ratchatani To Khon Kaen

hijiji

Anyone know if there is a bus from Ubon to Khon Kaen? Where would I go or who to ring to book a ticket?

If not, how to get there?

I'm out in the sticks between Chong Mek and Phibun.

Thanks.

Yes there are buses going to KK. The bus station is on the ring road (231) next to Makro and across from Big C. :)

The Bus into town will take you to the bus station I would imagine, just turn up and pay at ticket office, if not get a tuk tuk to it, (location as above). Many buses leaving for Roi-et and that is just over half way there so if you miss the KK bus take that as there will be many more from Roi-et to KK.

Takes 5 hours and I believe there are several a day, because some of the Ubon to Changmai buses go that way (yes if you want to sit on a coach for 15 hours you can even get directly to CM!). Ubon bus station is a pleasant enough place to sit out an hour or two if you need to - shaded and lots of food and drink (dam_n - starting to think like a Thai!)

Anyone know if there is a bus from Ubon to Khon Kaen? Where would I go or who to ring to book a ticket?

If not, how to get there?

I'm out in the sticks between Chong Mek and Phibun.

Thanks.

As said by My Friend I, just round the corner from TAT office, center of Ubon. Ticket office is opposite TAT. Make sure you get aircon bus. The rattler service is uncomfortable & has more accidents. Old Git

Siyan Tour is across Khuanthani rd, from TAT. A small hole in the wall between a news stand and shoe shop.

They offer 3 trips a day to Udon Thani and stop in KK beginning around 7:30am and last one at 12:30pm. It takes around 5 hours. You can get tickets there or at the main bus terminal. Last time I rode it was under 300Baht. The bus departs from around the corner from TAT and then travels to the main bus terminal before heading out to KK via Yaso, Roi Et, Mahasarakham.

It is not VIP so they take on as many people as are willing to pay and get on. You might have many standing in the aisle leaning on you if have an aisle seat. Other than that it is mostly ok.