Visa For My Thai Child

Hello all

I have a child with a Thai woman, now aged 1.5 years - we both now know there is a visa available for me to stay in Thailand because of this. I am living here on Tourist Visas at present (due to discontinue as has been reported on this site).

The criteria have been met (e.g. THB400K in a Thai bank), but the visa application fee has been reported to us as being 95,700 Baht... is this correct? It seems incredibly high for a visa (with "no guarantee of approval"!) - I cannot find anything about this fee on websites, and would appreciate if someone has any knowledge about this, please.

The Thai mother of my child (a businesswoman who is fully independent and very very far from being financially needy!) insists she doesn't want to marry me and wants "nothing" from me in terms of financial assistance. She has employed a nanny and lives in a gated estate on the outskirts of BKK.

Thank you.

Hello all

I have a child with a Thai woman, now aged 1.5 years - we both now know there is a visa available for me to stay in Thailand because of this. I am living here on Tourist Visas at present (due to discontinue as has been reported on this site).

The criteria have been met (e.g. THB400K in a Thai bank), but the visa application fee has been reported to us as being 95,700 Baht... is this correct? It seems incredibly high for a visa (with "no guarantee of approval"!) - I cannot find anything about this fee on websites, and would appreciate if someone has any knowledge about this, please.

The Thai mother of my child (a businesswoman who is fully independent and very very far from being financially needy!) insists she doesn't want to marry me and wants "nothing" from me in terms of financial assistance. She has employed a nanny and lives in a gated estate on the outskirts of BKK.

Thank you.

wrong forum.

but it seems like you could go home and get a normal 1 year non-O based on family for the usual 2000 baht fee there? then you have to leave the country every 3 months but I found it easier than dealing with the immigration office for a 1 year extension based on thai wife.

who quoted you that ridiculous fee?

Having a child does not qualify you for extension of stay. It appears you do not live with or take care of the child so the only thing you can obtain is a non immigrant O visa (rather than tourist visa) to visit (with the information provided in your post) using birth certificate. This is issued by a Consulate outside of Thailand.

I was able to change my Tourist 90 Day visa to a Non Imm O

at Suan Plu without leaving the country. Then was given a

support Thai wife 1 yr extension.

But this was in 2004 so not sure if you still can.

Worth a trip there to find out.

I do not think you need to live with the child but I am not sure.

I think you just need to be supporting it.

Since they will not check to see if money transactions prove you

support the child, you can just say you are even if you do not give the wife any

money. I also doubt they will ask for proof you live with the child.

You will need good documentation that it is yours.

I wonder if you must be married to the mother ?

I doubt it.

The 95,700 quoted is for permanent residency if you are married to Thai.

Else you could discuss rule 1.8, police order 777/2551 with your local immigration officer.

2.18 In the case of a family member of a Thai(applicable only to parents, spouse, child, adopted child or child of his/her spouse):

Permission will be granted for a period of not more than 1 year at a time.

(1) The alien has obtained a temporary visa (NON-IM)

(2) Proof of family relationship

(3) In the case of a spouse, the marital relationship shall be dejure (legitimate) and de facto;

(4) In the case of a child, adopted child or child of his/her spouse, the said person must not be married, must be living with the family, and must be less than 20 years of age; or

(5) In the case of a parent, one of parents must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit of not less than 400,000 baht for expenses within a year.

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.