Problems With Bangkok Dvd, Anyone?

cliffsloane

Has anybody experienced any problems doing business with Bangkok DVD? It is an online business that I found on craigslist, run by an Australian man who calls himself Del.

I had no problems when I first began ordering from Del. However, my last order is a different story. I ordered nearly 3,500 baht of titles on 14 August. Del notified his mailist that orders might be delayed, so I was patient. However, the last I heard from him was 3 September, two weeks ago, and he has not replied to my messages.

What experiences have thaivisa members had with Bangkok DVD? Is it time for me to conclude the obvious, or should I continue to be patient?

Hello cliff

This is Del, i just got back from Abroad 2 days ago...(after being delayed due to my mothers passing)

ONLY to find that somone had reported my Hotmail account to the Hotmail trust and safty team, (due to me being away and not relying to emails for 1 week)

Anyway, Hotmail closed that account, and i have LOST over 200 Customers info...

i was packing eveything to post, and i have no address's as they are kept on hotmails page..

i did some searching online, and was able to find a few customers info again, but its not looking good (i found you here)

PLEASE, cliff get me your address... ur pack is ready to go out... and as i explained before i had to leave TH, i had a serious family issue and had to drop eveything and leave asap.

Please email - <snip> (the old address does no longer work)

And to any other of our loyal customers, Please, Please do email us ASAP....

i dont know why somone had to do this to us (being an expact company for expacts) but it seems my mothers death was not a good enough reason to drop everything and get on a plane.

Oh, the web address the 2 other fellows mentioned, thats nothing to do with us, that a diferent shop who took our name..

//edit added: email removed. Parties concerned should PM you for further details - to avoid spam email addresses are not allows in postings //WF

This is Del, i just got back from Abroad 2 days ago...(after being delayed due to my mothers passing)

ONLY to find that somone had reported my Hotmail account to the Hotmail trust and safty team, (due to me being away and not relying to emails for 1 week)

Anyway, Hotmail closed that account, and i have LOST over 200 Customers info...

i was packing eveything to post, and i have no address's as they are kept on hotmails page..

Del (and any other interested parties),

I am the one who reported it to Hotmail. It was three weeks of silence, not one, that motivated me. I have since written back to Hotmail, asking them to restore the account and, if possible, recover the older messages.

I am sorry to hear of your loss. Had I known what the "family business" was and how serious it was, I would surely have been more patient.

As I said in the OP, my dealings with you prior to this have been fine. Now that you are back, I hope your business can recover.

Cliff Sloane

Seriously, who in they`re right mind would do business with anyone who advertises on, craigslist?

For example: If I, who you don`t know know from Adam, approached you, asked for money and promised to send some DVDs, would you trust me and go ahead with the deal?

Theres one born every minute.

Seriously, who in they`re right mind would do business with anyone who advertises on, craigslist?

For example: If I, who you don`t know know from Adam, approached you, asked for money and promised to send some DVDs, would you trust me and go ahead with the deal?

Theres one born every minute.

I have purchased stuff on Craigslist often, most frequently in the US. I did it twice before with Del. Then, it was one DVD at a time and everything went well. This time, the order was quite a bit larger and the delay FAR too long (right, Del?). But as you can see from Del's reply, there were extenuating circumstances.

I know that the gist of your message is, "Let the buyer beware!" Point well taken, and a point I followed in my first two transactions with him. So there is no need to label all of us who buy this way as being suckers. Too trusting, maybe, but that is a flaw I can live with.