Friday Night?

kdf

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

indeed, some of us were out last night. I didn't bother to announce this as no one seems to be bothered joining those nights anymore and the "crowd" consisted as usual of Phil Connors and myself, hitting the road some 5 minutes before you posted...was a great night and we also ran into another former Fridaynighter in an undisclosed location... :)

Well well

That was what I was lookin' for. A Raro and Phil, and a few others, you know who you are, drink up was in order. Lets face it other than us gallant few, who could keep up?

Well those could, but they moved to Korat or somehow became respectable.

After my time in Bangkok I am happy to report that they have Jack Daniels and better burgers, but they ain't got walkin' street!!!!!

It is also difficult, if not downright dangerous, to get completely saused and try and talk to a newly arrived Australian in the same pidgin English that we chrome pole

worshipers of WS have developed. Telling a stranger that you sure would love to squeeze those, can give the wrong impression w/o the shared history that makes the word "those" less ambiguous.

Really!

kdf

Ace was gone for a while indeed! Good to have you back as you were one o the strong pillars of the Friday Night Movement.

I am struck with the flu, not sure if my personal health adviser will declare me fit for drinking tomorrow...

As a past active Friday nighter our absence has been noted. (No excuses offered)

We have just returned from 6 weeks in the UK...however can't say I have missed the elbow bending activity because we have been bending it in the UK!

Can't say for sure when we/me might be out for a many but we hope that the friday night crew continues and grows in size yet again.

Might be a bit more tempting for us if we were to locate to an area other than Walking Street! :)

begs

Ola Begs and Mama,

Place other than WS OK with me, just needs be on Baht bus route. I have often suggested Food Loft at Central, many foods many prices, but they have suffered a bit of late in the quality dept..

Heck I'ld walk a ways to see you 2 on a Friday night, or any night. Will not walk to darkside however, and not always pleased with what is on offer over there. Probably need more education, do enjoy Noi's however, but getting home after can be dicey.

PBG is a nice neutral kinda place, but I won't eat there. Haven't been to Trpical Bert's in a bit, time for me to visit there probably anyway.

So my votes are for TB or PBG or somewhere else with decent food and at least a bit of alcohol.

kdf

indeed, some of us were out last night. I didn't bother to announce this as no one seems to be bothered joining those nights anymore and the "crowd" consisted as usual of Phil Connors and myself, hitting the road some 5 minutes before you posted...was a great night and we also ran into another former Fridaynighter in an undisclosed location... :D
Yeah you should have given us a call, you would have enjoyed it. A good time was had all around :)

But isn't it clearly stated in the terms of your probation that you MUST announce ANY and ALL gatherings of 2 or more former Friday-night warriors that MAY involve the imbibe of ANY alcoholic beverages that MAY include visiting establishments with chrome pole embellishments?

I reckon kdf oughta call your Probation Officer if you decide not to do it again tonight.

Flu? That's not an excuse... or not a manly one anyway. As my mum says, 'they don't make Mods like they used to.'

indeed, some of us were out last night. I didn't bother to announce this as no one seems to be bothered joining those nights anymore and the "crowd" consisted as usual of Phil Connors and myself, hitting the road some 5 minutes before you posted...was a great night and we also ran into another former Fridaynighter in an undisclosed location... :D
Yeah you should have given us a call, you would have enjoyed it. A good time was had all around :)

But isn't it clearly stated in the terms of your probation that you MUST announce ANY and ALL gatherings of 2 or more former Friday-night warriors that MAY involve the imbibe of ANY alcoholic beverages that MAY include visiting establishments with chrome pole embellishments?

I reckon kdf oughta call your Probation Officer if you decide not to do it again tonight.

Flu? That's not an excuse... or not a manly one anyway. As my mum says, 'they don't make Mods like they used to.'

KDF is his probation officer...I am sure he will bring Phil back to the path of virtue this way or that way....

OK what the heck is with all this water stuff? Driveway is a new Pattaya Dive site, Thappraya is a dirty sewer/creek about to fall into the giant unsupported holes dug around it for some new engineering project, why?

Why so much water, I don't even drink the stuff? I assume all the engineers in this part of Thailand are planning the next mega mall, condo project, or mail box and no one can be bothered with DRAINAGE.

Oh yeah, we also had the electrical outage that is Thaispeak for rain.

If you made it out have fun be safe, swim across the current not against it.

kdf

Wow... that was a bit of a gully washer eh? I was headed to my mate's place on the 'dark side' for his birthday party when the heavens opened. Managed to navigate home at midnight OK.

Maybe NEXT Friday? (or Monday, or Tuesday, or Wednesday or Thursday...)

You forgot Saturday and Sundays!!

:D:):D

I will propose a bar for a Friday meet up, in keeping with the original purpose of Fridays (to investigate new and mysterious drinking opportunities). It's already been mentioned by aussiechick: Leo's Blues Bar.

I think with 5 or more attendees I can swing some kind of deal, so let us know, and please provide a preference for either Friday 2nd or 9th.

Edited by ace

I will propose a bar for a Friday meet up, in keeping with the original purpose of Fridays (to investigate new and mysterious drinking opportunities). It's already been mentioned by aussiechick: Leo's Blues Bar.

I think with 5 or more attendees I can swing some kind of deal, so let us know, and please provide a preference for either Friday 2nd or 9th.

Hey Ace, need to say where the bar is.

Darkside is a no for me.

kdf

Great - sounds like a plan, 9th October it is.

Live music starts about 8 usually with 2 good bands, classic rock / blues natch.

I suppose it is not very "family friendly" - there's girls, and smoking (cigarettes.....) permitted. But the atmosphere is always friendly and Leo's a great host.

Erm what else, there is food but I always tend to eat at the street noodle place across the soi which does the best pork noodle soup.

I will try to get some kind of extended happy hour for us, party hats, balloons, that kind of thing. Well 1 out of 3 maybe...... :)

So you got the address if you go by Songtaew 2nd road accross dolphin round about Naklue rd. ,soi 18. Get off when you see Buttsys British cafe on the right or Drum & Monkey pub on the left. Then turn left soi 18 towards the beach.

We could aim for 7pm?

Edited by ace

I'll be there probably a bit later and stuff my face at Baecker Peter pr Anton's before that. Anyone else joining for a real German treat?

German haute cuisine sounds good to me. Now to try and organize transport.

kdf +

I'll be there probably a bit later and stuff my face at Baecker Peter pr Anton's before that. Anyone else joining for a real German treat?

German haute cuisine sounds good to me. Now to try and organize transport.

kdf +

you should have been at Suan Beer last night...great buffet and humpta-music :)

I will be there - ace, I have a feeling the bands start a bit later (10p.m.), unless some of the guys are going to have an earlier "jam" session, can always ask Leo, he might get something organised.

You are right Leo is a great host.

Yes you're right - I'll go for 7.30pm. I think 9pm ish is the most frequent ETA of the live music, and just to make sure to catch the happy hour.

Will have a glance in at Antons on the way but I must defer on the currywurst.

ok....7:30 it is! raro will be there and will entertain the audience at a later stage with 2 or 3 rather unrehearsed Neil Young Songs. There are so many things that can go wrong in 3 chord song...you would not believe...

///edit: which soi was it?