British Consul

brianw

Is there a british vice consul in hua hin

Are you kidding? The way Britain's been cutting the F&CO's budget, we're lucky there's still an embassy in Bangkok! In the old days (like when I worked for the F&CO back in the 1980s), they might have considered an Honorary Consul for a town with such a growing Brit retiree community but with London's increasing dislike of its expats (looked upon as non-tax paying black sheep who should be patriotic enough to tolerate Britain's appalling climate & government), such is out of the question. To be fair, no nation has any diplomat in HH, not even the Swedes, but that MIGHT change -- in a decade or two!

Yes there is, his name is Steve but can't remember surname.

Read about it in local publications.

Sorry can't be more helpful but he is there so making some enquiries should track him down.

Burgernev

Sorry to disappoint you, folks, but according to the embassy website (http://ukinthailand.fco.gov.uk/en/our-offices-in-thailand/other-locations-in-thailand/), the only British diplomats outside of Bangkok are the British Honorary Consulate in Chaing Mai and Pattaya.

Maybe my grandchildren will see HH get one -- but even if we do, what use are they? (& I speak as a former Foreign Office minion!)

thanks alot troopie its just that someone told me a ex military policeman called steve ran a bar and also was the honorary consul
Hi Brian,

British Embassy Consular Correspondent Hua Hin:

Steve Ketteringham Tel: 086-7933461

Email: [email protected]

Read he runs the 'Captains Inn' guesthouse/bar.

Burgernev

Great information, thanks for keeping us all updated.