Baht Bus Routes

manarak

I know 2-3 baht bus routes so far, the closed circuit beach road/second road (long and short) and the route to Jomtien.

Is there information on other routes? Or better, a map?

How far down Jomtien do the buses go?

As far as bangsaray?

What about other routes?

Do baht buses pass through the resorts at north pattaya/wongsamat?

I know 2-3 baht bus routes so far, the closed circuit beach road/second road (long and short) and the route to Jomtien.

Is there information on other routes? Or better, a map?

How far down Jomtien do the buses go?

As far as bangsaray?

What about other routes?

Do baht buses pass through the resorts at north pattaya/wongsamat?

No maps of baht bus routes because they don't ever stick to one. For example today I was on a baht bus along Soi Buckhaw and three fat ugly Dutch guys got on after they chartered it to Sukhumvit. I still had to pay my 10 baht for 100 yards (the wife of the driver yelled from the window) # 136 AVOID!

Link Below:

Baht Bus Routes

Even the Thai don't know where the Baht Busses go and have to stop the driver and ask.

The route in Nahklua is along the main road from Dolphin roundabout to the Nahklua market, they don't go down to the resorts on the beach unless you charter one.

To get to Bangsaray you need to get a white baht bus on Sukhumvit, or an orange bus.

Along Jomtien Beach Road they go as far as the police box.

The Baht Buses need regulating with:

• official routes
  • Clear indication on BB which route they are plying
  • defined point of termination of each route
  • cul of BB, reduce the number, get the sub standard off the road
  • Cap driver hours
  • Taxi/Private charter clear indication that the BB is trading as a bus

With limiting the hours drivers work and removing the many clapped out buses of the road, means there will be fewer buses driving around without passengers, more greener for the environment, fewer hours for drivers with same income, licensing route so drivers have do the less profitable as well, everybody would win (except the crocks).

Along Jomtien Beach Road they go as far as the police box.

I assume you mean the Soi Chaiyaphruek police box. They certainly go further than Dongtan.

Quite often they won't even go as far as Soi Chaiyaphruek before stopping and asking WHERE YOU GO, which means its time to pay 100 baht to go further or get off.

Edited by Jingthing

• 1 month later...

I don't know why there is so few info about the routes.

There maybe are no official routes, but there are "usual 10 baht routes" or directions.

What I saw is that, at least during the day, baht buses drive on Pattaya Tai, Pattaya Klang and Pattaya Nua, and I had no trouble getting one on sai 3 either. Thepprasit and Thappraya seemed to have their share too.

But most of them wanted to know where I go... :-/

What I'd like to know now is if any "usual 10 baht route" goes up to Naklua?

P.S.

@BASIL: sorry, no, I don't want the nannies to take over. Regulate everything and this is the first step to mandatory insurance, health check up every year, vision test, mechanical test of the vehicles, fixed fares and taximeters for chartering, etc. Eventually the passenger has to pay for it.

With that kind of stuff, they will soon charge as much as back home, no thanks.

Edited by tgw

I don't know why there is so few info about the routes.

There maybe are no official routes, but there are "usual 10 baht routes" or directions.

What I saw is that, at least during the day, baht buses drive on Pattaya Tai, Pattaya Klang and Pattaya Nua, and I had no trouble getting one on sai 3 either. Thepprasit and Thappraya seemed to have their share too.

But most of them wanted to know where I go... :-/

What I'd like to know now is if any "usual 10 baht route" goes up to Naklua?

P.S.

@BASIL: sorry, no, I don't want the nannies to take over. Regulate everything and this is the first step to mandatory insurance, health check up every year, vision test, mechanical test of the vehicles, fixed fares and taximeters for chartering, etc. Eventually the passenger has to pay for it.

With that kind of stuff, they will soon charge as much as back home, no thanks.

Firstly they don't want you to know where they go so that you can be conned into paying a much higher charter fare.

Secondly yes, there are regular routes up to Nahklua, any that go past the Dolphin Roundabout, or failing that get off at the roundabout if they turn towards beach road and get on one the other side of the roundabout.

I haven't seen many baht buses on Sai 3 though and I drive along there regularly.

I have noticed a service up Thepprasit now though, starting from the lights at the junction with Theppraya. But I don't know if this is for the weekend market at the top of the road or is a daily regular service as the street is getting much busier these days. Can anyone confirm if it's permanent?

I have noticed a service up Thepprasit now though, starting from the lights at the junction with Theppraya. But I don't know if this is for the weekend market at the top of the road or is a daily regular service as the street is getting much busier these days. Can anyone confirm if it's permanent?

I occasionally use baht buses on Thepprasit on different days and times of day and have for years now. Sometimes you catch one right away (rarely) and sometimes the wait is as long as half an hour. However, they do run, and the farang cost is 10 baht.

Edited by Jingthing

Another regular route is South on Soi Buakhaow, right into Pattaya Tai, then right on 2nd Road. Some of the buses then go up to the Dolphin Roundabout and betond, others turn right on Pattaya Klang, then right on Soi Buakhaow again. Going north on Soi Buakhaow is not so frequent, but most turn left onto Pattaya Klang, then right on 2nd Road, going up to the Dolphin roundabout. Then south down Beach Road to Walking Street, into Pattaya Tai, and right into soi BuaKhaow.

It is not permanent but if there is enought people waiting at the Thepprasit/Thappraya junction then usually comes a baht bus who think it is ok to pick up these and "deliver" them to Lotus (10 baht per each passanger).

The larger number people is waiting the bigger chance to get a baht bus quicker.

^considering Jimgthing says you can wait half an hour for one I could walk it quicker.

That is the longest I have waited. More usual is 10 minutes. Its frustrating for sure as many of the buses you will wave down are charters and won't stop, but you have to flag them all to find the ones that will do a bus run. If its really hot or raining, you won't want to walk. It's quite a trek from Thappraya to Sukhumvit but sometimes its interesting in nice weather.

Edited by Jingthing