Dermathologist

gvallee2

Any good one in bangkok? Not overly expensive(cough burumgrad) Not a crook? I got some spots that MIGHT turn into cancer in the future, i want to remove them only if they are prone to it.. unlike in phuket where the dermathologist just decided to see how much i was willing to spend and take the spots off as long as money was flowing

Any good one in bangkok? Not overly expensive(cough burumgrad) Not a crook? I got some spots that MIGHT turn into cancer in the future, i want to remove them only if they are prone to it.. unlike in phuket where the dermathologist just decided to see how much i was willing to spend and take the spots off as long as money was flowing

Sounds as though you are talking about cancerous moles not 'spots'. Go to the hospital and get them checked. They are probably benign but check anyway. Doctors are very good here. It's the patients who are a problem.

Definitely get them checked out. My brother was told he had skin cancer by his Doctor in the UK (GP) and got a quick appointment with a consultant at the local hospital. When he saw the consultant he took a look through some moveable microscope device and told him the large deep rooted lump on his neck which he's been ignoring for over a year was not in fact cancer but it's acne !

It did look like some of the cancer photos I've seen but surely a doctor shouldn't tell you he thinks you have cancer based on a quick glance, this happened in England about two months ago, he's an experienced Doctor in his 50's, been at the same surgery for 20 years or more, now a senior partner !

Trust nobody.

You can have them removed at most hospitals and sent to a lab to be checked..See a doctor who has experience in skin cancer..there is nothing wrong with bumramgrad for a check up first then get a quote..Get checked out..most cancers are basel cell carcenomy and can be taken out if on shoulders or back no problem but on the face Bumrangrad is the place..Less invasive tecknigues are used..Moles are different and can be milignant so go get checked..Money well spent at the hospital than down the bar! Good luck dave

Sounds as though you are talking about cancerous moles not 'spots'. Go to the hospital and get them checked. They are probably benign but check anyway. Doctors are very good here. It's the patients who are a problem.

"Doctors are very good here. It's the patients who are a problem"

I don't know who you are comparing them with but Thai doctors are rated # 27 in the world in terms of competence.

Perhaps you are comparing them to a 6th world country :)

Ramkhamhaeng Hospital (Ramkhamhaeng road, between soi 34 and soi 32) is a medium size private hospital with an excellent reputation and very reasonable prices.

Dr. Phoomthorn Aranyakasemsook is working there and you can even see him on TV sometimes. Excellent dermatologist. Works daily, except Sun and Mon.

Bumrangrad does not spell quality to me - and I have used them for such treatment. The physician can be less than excellent there just as easy as elsewhere. My treatment was from a defective freon type can which made a mess but did not remove anything. I ended up going to Vejthani and getting laser treatment (which is much better than the old freon in my layman view). This is an exact depth/area treatment which is clean and only requires a few days to heal. Freon makes a huge mess that takes forever and often (at least in my experience) regrows.

I am sure Bumrangrad has such treatment available so not sure why doctor chose the quick and dirty way (he was late so that might explain it). But also believe the can was defective as did not feel as strong/cold as it normally does.