Three Foreginers Arrested After 'largest In Living Memory' Jewel Heist

george

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thai security is a joke look at any bank, no screens and money being counted by the hundred thousand baht right in front of your eyes . Im not so sure that any security guards would do a fat lot either if anything happened, except maybe take their lunch break?

Did you ever figured out that if one wants to steal millions from a Thai bank one needs a truck to cart it off, that's why we don't have 10,000 bills here.

Pol Lt-General Chalong Sonjai......... He said police suspected the jewels were still in Thailand.

So they arrested the culprits but did not recover the jewels..... :):D

TiT - live!

An immediate call on Inspector Clouseau is needed.... He's the one and only who can solve this case :D

Mexicans in Thailand jeez I thought i'd gotten far enough away.

You and me both. I was just bragging the other day that I have not seen a Mexican or heard a word of Spanish in two months- that's how long I have been living permanently in Phuket. I guess they are running across borders somewhere besides the U.S.

the connection is obvious both stories involve evil foreigners coming to thailand and committing crime against innocent thai victims.

I think these guys might be in real trouble, didn't they realise that crime and corruption are reserved occupations

I think the nation is refering to the largest heist in Thailand, 65 million TB is only £1.2million, London just had a recent (5wks ago) robbery of £40million. But fair play to the police aprehending 3 of the gang already, so are the other two Thai nationals, if so it may be a little harder to catch them, cos they probably know a guy that knows a guy who's way up there, plus it sounds like they got the loot in their possession so plenty of bargaining chips.

first time in room has this message worked

The "Saudi, Blue Diamond affair" was actually a gem scam, not a theft :)

No, a Thai worker in a Saudi Royal Palace stole the diamond and other jewels, shipped them to Thailand and then fled Saudi. He was convicted in Thai court and given 5 years. The jewels were recovered by the Thai Police, but when they were returned, many, including the Blue Diamond turned out to be fakes. 4 Saudi nationals (including 3 diplomats) sent to Thailand to investigate were killed. The Police General in charge of the original investigation was convicted in 1995 of murdering a Thai gem dealer involved in the case along with his wife and son. He is still in jail and will be so for a long time, as he was just given 20 more years in 2006. 6 other Thai police are also still in jail for involvement in the theft.

The Blue Diamond has never been recovered, nor has anyone ever been charged in the murder of the Saudis.

Saudi downgraded diplomatic relations to charge d'affairs with Thailand and cut back on the number of work visas issued to Thais from over 150,000 in 1989 (when the theft occurred) to less then 10,000 now. Relations continue to be strained to this day, though Saudi still imports over a billion USD of Thai products, mainly rice and over 40,000 Saudis visit Thailand each year.

So, though the article, in claiming this was the biggest heist in “living memory”, was probably engaging in a bit of journalistic hyperbole, it was essentially accurate.

TH

They should deal with these guys very harshly! The gem business doesnt need scum like this and we cant afford for such thefts to occur during such hard times. Its amazing the security on the show was so low as they escaped the premises with ALOT of stones. Its not reported but they also allegedly stole diamonds from the same vendor.

Thailand doesnt need this bad rap! The gemstone industry cant afford such events.

give them life

Before getting all carried away you might perhaps consider that they had Thai accomplices :)

Yes but it takes time to catch a thai involved in criminal activity. Farangs are easier to catch. Maybe the thais will never be caught they have the stones and have already tipped of the police about the farangs

Mexicans in Thailand jeez I thought i'd gotten far enough away.

You and me both. I was just bragging the other day that I have not seen a Mexican or heard a word of Spanish in two months- that's how long I have been living permanently in Phuket. I guess they are running across borders somewhere besides the U.S.

hi, isn't that historical mexico where you came from?

you should better go home to the US of A and settle down in north dakota or montana, instead of bragging here around your white us-american man complex.

Three arrested after 'largest in living memory' jewel heist

Meanwhile, police have arrested three Malaysian men for buying electronic goods at Pantip Plaza's Nonthaburi branch, allegedly with fake credit cards.

The three suspects are Ui Kim Chew and Chen Wei Hua, both 28, and Lai Chin Ting 43. Police say they found two fake passports and 10 other fake credit cards in their possession, apart from the one used in the purchase. The three pleaded not guilty and are now in custody of Muang Nonthaburi police.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009-09-23

Maybe the Thais should sentence the Malaysians to death by hanging like they do in the islamic Asian countries. It would be somewhat analagous to the Malaysians hanging Thais found with a kilo of marijuana. :D Thais are a more enlightened and higher class of people than those of the local southern countries... so the three guys will live...which they should.

These Malaysian guys harm more people and than a Thai with a bag of shwag. :D However, Thais are not barbaric savages like the Malaysians, Singaporians (is that a proper word), and Indonesians whos minds are washed, clouded, and enslaved by immature, primative, draconian ignorant islamic beliefs. Luckily, the Thai system is more enlightened and intelligent than the dreg countries to the south. :D Throw the Malaysians in prison for about 3 years. :)

No, a Thai worker in a Saudi Royal Palace stole the diamond and other jewels, shipped them to Thailand and then fled Saudi. He was convicted in Thai court and given 5 years. The jewels were recovered by the Thai Police, but when they were returned, many, including the Blue Diamond turned out to be fakes. 4 Saudi nationals (including 3 diplomats) sent to Thailand to investigate were killed. The Police General in charge of the original investigation was convicted in 1995 of murdering a Thai gem dealer involved in the case along with his wife and son. He is still in jail and will be so for a long time, as he was just given 20 more years in 2006. 6 other Thai police are also still in jail for involvement in the theft.

The Blue Diamond has never been recovered, nor has anyone ever been charged in the murder of the Saudis.

Last I heard was that a jew in New York City, NY, USA secretly purchased and has possession of the Blue Diamond. He had no qualms about doing so because he is a jew and because the Blue Diamond was owned by Arabs. I heard this on the street from some people I know that have international connections...if you know what I mean. That is all I will say.

Three arrested after 'largest in living memory' jewel heist

Meanwhile, police have arrested three Malaysian men for buying electronic goods at Pantip Plaza's Nonthaburi branch, allegedly with fake credit cards.

The three suspects are Ui Kim Chew and Chen Wei Hua, both 28, and Lai Chin Ting 43. Police say they found two fake passports and 10 other fake credit cards in their possession, apart from the one used in the purchase. The three pleaded not guilty and are now in custody of Muang Nonthaburi police.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009-09-23

Maybe the Thais should sentence the Malaysians to death by hanging like they do in the islamic Asian countries. It would be somewhat analagous to the Malaysians hanging Thais found with a kilo of marijuana. :D Thais are a more enlightened and higher class of people than those of the local southern countries... so the three guys will live...which they should.

These Malaysian guys harm more people and than a Thai with a bag of shwag. :D However, Thais are not barbaric savages like the Malaysians, Singaporians (is that a proper word), and Indonesians whos minds are washed, clouded, and enslaved by immature, primative, draconian ignorant islamic beliefs. Luckily, the Thai system is more enlightened and intelligent than the dreg countries to the south. :D Throw the Malaysians in prison for about 3 years. :)

Please keep your own ignorant beliefs to yourself, none of this has anything to do with Islam.

Last I heard was that a jew in New York City, NY, USA secretly purchased and has possession of the Blue Diamond. He had no qualms about doing so because he is a jew and because the Blue Diamond was owned by Arabs. I heard this on the street from some people I know that have international connections...if you know what I mean. That is all I will say.

What is it with Arab, Jew, and religion trashing here? What difference would it make who bought the diamond or who has it if its a criminal act? None of this has anything to do with religion and that goes for the Saudi's too. Just because people hide behind religion and get involved in other things does not mean they are representative of said religion, that goes for Buddhism too.

Maybe the Thais should sentence the Malaysians to death by hanging like they do in the islamic Asian countries. It would be somewhat analagous to the Malaysians hanging Thais found with a kilo of marijuana. :ermm: Thais are a more enlightened and higher class of people than those of the local southern countries... so the three guys will live...which they should.

These Malaysian guys harm more people and than a Thai with a bag of shwag. :blink: However, Thais are not barbaric savages like the Malaysians, Singaporians (is that a proper word), and Indonesians whos minds are washed, clouded, and enslaved by immature, primative, draconian ignorant islamic beliefs. Luckily, the Thai system is more enlightened and intelligent than the dreg countries to the south. :jap: Throw the Malaysians in prison for about 3 years. <_<

mr. "master brain", where you are coming from?

but however superior to everyone else your home country, your nation may be, that society still has elements that are unbelievable stupid and imbecile, people like you.

The nation... so retarded... "oldest in living memory" ... What do they look through a book from fox about how to make their news more dramatic?

Agreed.

I suppose if the headline has the word "Farang" in it, it must be considered more interesting and important than why Newin walked free or how the locals in Si Saket stoned the yellow shirts for inciting hatred and unrest against the cambodians...

&lt;deleted&gt;... why does every post always need to be hijacked for some yellow/red shirt remark?!

now I got to google the Saudi indecent... even though that's kinda also a hijack remark :D

p.s. now you can google better with bing :)