Songkran Revellers Told To Go Easy On Water

george

Songkran revellers told to go easy on water

b5205833d1.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The traditional Thai New Year festival next month could be a little less wet this year if revellers - who traditionally drench each other in buckets of water - follow an Interior Ministry directive to go easy on the water due to the current drought.

Today Interior Minister Chidchai Vanasatidya said that orders would be issued for the Songkran period, warning that the drought situation would worsen if revellers used water with their usual abandon.

However, he denied reports that 12,000 villagers across the country only had sufficient water for the next 10 days, saying that the governors of the provinces affected had assured him that there would be enough water as long as it was used sparingly.

He also urged villagers facing water shortages to contact their provincial governor or district chief as soon as possible.

--TNA 2005-03-22

Songkran revellers told to go easy on water

b5205833d1.jpg

BANGKOK: --  The traditional Thai New Year festival next month could be a little less wet this year if revellers - who traditionally drench each other in buckets of water - follow an Interior Ministry directive to go easy on the water due to the current drought.

Today Interior Minister Chidchai Vanasatidya said that orders would be issued for the Songkran period, warning that the drought situation would worsen if revellers used water with their usual abandon.

However, he denied reports that 12,000 villagers across the country only had sufficient water for the next 10 days, saying that the governors of the provinces affected had assured him that there would be enough water as long as it was used sparingly.

He also urged villagers facing water shortages to contact their provincial governor or district chief as soon as possible.

--TNA 2005-03-22

best go up to the plastic market and get the thimbles in then :o

BANGKOK: --  The traditional Thai New Year festival next month could be a little less wet this year if revellers - who traditionally drench each other in buckets of water - follow an Interior Ministry directive to go easy on the water due to the current drought.

I've been waiting for some government poo-yai to make this pronouncement. I'm sure most Songkran revellers will take heed. Not. :o

A clampdown on throwing water at Songkran?

We all know that the drought situation is pretty bad, but I wonder how achievable he thinks that is... :o

Laughable really.

A clampdown on throwing water at Songkran?

We all know that the drought situation is pretty bad, but I wonder how achievable he thinks that is... :o

Laughable really.

Your not wrong. Just down the road from my place near Surasak BTS is a market that has sprinklers set up on the roof. :D And they were on on day sunday watering the roof??? Maybe to keep it cool. But seeing its closed on Sunday and only about 5 workers in it. Go figure.

:D

Issan people: "We need water! It's urgent."

BKK: "Why should I save water? BKK is not affected. I will use it as I please."

Issan: "Please, save the water. We really need it!"

BKK: "What for?"

Issan: "For this comming Songkran :o"

Golf