A Thai Writing Book That (uniquely) Teaches You...

Gaccha

A Thai writing book that teaches you how to write joined up Thai. It is for Japanese users but don't be put off. You don't need to read Japanese to take advantage of the unique selling point of this book.

post-60541-1253712023_thumb.jpg

There are loads of books for learning to write the formal Thai (mostly aimed at Thai children) but this book teaches two more levels: neat handwritten Thai and scruffy, regular Thai handwriting.

post-60541-1253712045_thumb.jpg

The book costs 100 baht (an outrageous 900 yen in Japan).

Very handy. You can buy it in Kinokuniya Central World in the Japanese language section. :)

A Thai writing book that teaches you how to write joined up Thai. It is for Japanese users but don't be put off. You don't need to read Japanese to take advantage of the unique selling point of this book.

post-60541-1253712023_thumb.jpg

There are loads of books for learning to write the formal Thai (mostly aimed at Thai children) but this book teaches two more levels: neat handwritten Thai and scruffy, regular Thai handwriting.

post-60541-1253712045_thumb.jpg

The book costs 100 baht (an outrageous 900 yen in Japan).

Very handy. You can buy it in Kinokuniya Central World in the Japanese language section. :)

Is it me? What happened to the image file? Can you repost it?

The AUA reading and writing books, if they are still available, have chapters on how to develop your handwriting as well.

Meadish,

Do you (or anyone else) have the AUA audio set that goes with the set of old books that I can "borrow" to check it out. It is not available at AUA anymore and the USA university that bought the rights to it wants a fortune on thir web site for the cd set. I want to see how good it is.

ST

I can see it now. Looks interesting, but is it solely a handwriting book?

Strictly speaking it does have other parts, but you need fluent Japanese to understand them. For example, it provides the tone rules.

It has a couple of pages of different Thai formats-- you can find these for free on the internet though. So for most of us, it is really a handwriting book.

The AUA reading and writing books, if they are still available, have chapters on how to develop your handwriting as well.

Meadish,

Do you (or anyone else) have the AUA audio set that goes with the set of old books that I can "borrow" to check it out. It is not available at AUA anymore and the USA university that bought the rights to it wants a fortune on thir web site for the cd set. I want to see how good it is.

ST

Unfortunately I don't, we only used the text books. The only audio based course we used was the audio developed by Australian National University.