Will A Condo Take My Money?

The reason thye are offering discounts is bcoz they cant sell,, so where do you think they are going to get the money to pay her back ?

----------------------------------------

It would be nice if it was on the occation of selling the unit and recieving the full sum from another customer, therefore, still having the extra 380k that has been paid already, ready to delivered back, based upon the contracts statements....

Actually when you think about it, its not your GF's money either.

It was her sponsors. So technically she isnt losing anything.

In Canada at the closing date, if you cant pay your condo/house is gone as well. They might give you some grace period. But if you cant pay too bad for you, unless you have insurance covering it. And the insurance are usually in the case of accidents, terminal illness, death.

Why do you think they are so many foreclosures right now in the west, people cant pay and are losing their properties.

This is a business not a charity.

Actually when you think about it, its not your GF's money either.

It was her sponsors. So technically she isnt losing anything.

In Canada at the closing date, if you cant pay your condo/house is gone as well. They might give you some grace period. But if you cant pay too bad for you, unless you have insurance covering it. And the insurance are usually in the case of accidents, terminal illness, death.

Why do you think they are so many foreclosures right now in the west, people cant pay and are losing their properties.

This is a business not a charity.

I dont understand this closing date thing. The full required deposit has been payed. All thats required is a monthly payment . There is no requirment for paying the entire sum.

So if your mom bought you a car, and someone stole it, you wouldnt consider yourself loosing anything?

"So if your mom bought you a car, and someone stole it, you wouldnt consider yourself loosing anything?"

If my mom paid the down payment on a car for me but put it under my name, and then I couldn't afford the monthly payments, it would be my own dam_n fault. The person who it would suck for would be my mom.

"If your mom bought you a car" ha ha ha.. I would have waaaaayyy too much pride to let my mum buy me a car.

I am stunned this has made it going for this long.. So a flipper got caught and now cant stump up the ex boyfriends money (maybe she should stick to boyfriends with some money.. think on that one for a while, I bet she is !!) so now its time to lose. Flipping condos isnt win win, it has risks, one of those risks is if you dont have the funds to complete, and theres no buyers, you will lose your deposit.

Actually I think we will be ok.

There is one guy that says he wants to buy it, and some others interested in it as well, all of the sudden.

This is because, we were looking into the numbers more, and someone would save 400,000 baht through buying through us, and not the condo. Before someone had said that we are out of luck because they have a 10% discount going on now, but the prices have gone up immensely.

If someone wanted the room we have now, they would save 400,000 from buying from sales now.

This is because when the contract was made, the total was only 3,185,000 baht for the 66.5 sqm on the 4th floor. Now there is a 10% discount, but over the last year and a half the price has gone up 10,000 baht per square meter or so, and the price after the 10% discount is still 3,345,000 for the 66.5 sqm on the 3rd floor. The 66.5 sqm on the 4th floor, would easily be 3,400,000. That makes buying through us 300,000 baht chaper already. Then we add another 100,000 baht discount and you save almost half a million.

Changing the name in our contract will save a ton a money because our contract is only 47,000 baht / sqm.

Alot of people like Zenith Place because is very nice and inexpensive compared to other places in the area with similar characteristics.

Changing the name in our contract will save a ton a money because our contract is only 47,000 baht / sqm.

Alot of people like Zenith Place because is very nice and inexpensive compared to other places in the area with similar characteristics.

So do you have the condo still or are you only selling old contract that has been breached long ago and developer has taken the unit over ?

I would not pay a single baht for a worthless contract that has been long terminated due default to transfer...

Edited by MJo

So do you have the condo still or are you only selling old contract that has been breached long ago and developer has taken the unit over ?

I would not pay a single baht for a worthless contract that has been long terminated due default to transfer...

Hi. Sorry I made a type error before as well. The price for the 66.5 on the 4th would be 3,500,000 sure, making a 400,000 baht discount. But actually, the man that went to see the room with us today said that the discount the condo is offering has gone down to only 5%. The management is co-operating and knows our plan and said we can do it. There is no legitimate reason why they shouldnt cooperate. There is no contract breach. I have just been scared of the illegitimate. The name change fee is just 50,000 baht, which we will pay on top of the discount already.

There is no problem with this transfer, end date thing, that every is talking about. I dont understand this. The condo is still not yet finished.. And the total deposit amount has already been paided. One option is to pay monthly over years and years, or one could pay the entire amount....

If paying the full sum. One could pay us 280,000 baht, and we would pay the name change fee out of that. Then because the contract has a total of only 3,180,000, and there has been 380,000 baht paid so far, one would just need to pay another 2,800,000 baht. A total of 3,080,000 baht. Before, after the 10% discount, the 66.5 sqm on the 4th floor would be around 3.5 mill, thus saving 400k baht. But even now the discount has gone down to 5%, so youd probably save half a million from new.

I need to make a new add before this guy that says he wants it next week, doesnt come through.

Edited by lennya12threh

If I met someone who said, "I've got this 'investment' but I owe money. Can you help me with it please?" I wouldn't part with one Baht until I researched the 'investment' & the reasons why someone would want my money.

Huh? Theres a full down payment on a condo that isnt finished yet, and Im hoping to sell it and help someone else out in the process as well. There is no more money to fund it. An investment? As if this is a buisness deal. Its a home. People buy homes and sell homes. They arnt free. Im hoping anyone who contacts me wants to purchase a home. Jesus. Im not a selfish buisness person or a capitalist, or trying to over price something or scam someone. Im not begging to be helped. Before I had a nice discount for whoever wants it, but then was told that the condo now has a discount greater than the one I was offering. So then Im worryed about not being able to sell it, and maybe the condo trying to deivate off their contract to scam us like has often happened. Hence interested in what I can do about the condo and interested in the contract and if I will really get the money back if I put in the letter of wanting the money back. Then I looked harder at the info and realized their deal isnt much at all because the price of the units went up 600,000 baht as well, and I can still sell it and someone will get a nice deal on it, as well we will have some extra cash to help us out, that wont go the rich guy that owns the condo, exploits the labour of all the thai boys working on it so he can get rich and sit on his profit.

In this topic I was asking for experience and information, not trying to sell a condo, but of course people asked questioned and I have shared. Wanting your money? What the hel_l? Im hoping the person who might contact me wants the condo and is interested in a deal....

Now there should be no problem selling. The condo cant interfere and theres nothing illegitmate to cause them to do so. They were cooperative today with talking with a man who inquired when we went to the room to look at it. Of course noone will put any money into without talking to the condo and looking at the contract and price and unit details and being there with us.....

Ok. Its actually not my money, but my girlfriend has a condo in her name on Sukumvit, and now cannot put any more money down for it because of a life style change.

"Loss of boyfriend" lifestyle change? I hope I am wrong.

Before, her ex-boyfriend was paying it for her but they broke up.

Your "innocence" is a little alarming. I sincerely hope that you are not being "taken for a ride".

Goodluck.

Ok. Its actually not my money, but my girlfriend has a condo in her name on Sukumvit, and now cannot put any more money down for it because of a life style change.

"Loss of boyfriend" lifestyle change? I hope I am wrong.

Before, her ex-boyfriend was paying it for her but they broke up.

Your "innocence" is a little alarming. I sincerely hope that you are not being "taken for a ride".

Goodluck.

Hope you are wrong? Why?

I hope Im not being taken for a ride as well. :) Really I think Im quite lucky and she is very honest. She is more scared Im taking her for a ride, and there is nothin to show that Im being played, though anything is possible in amazing thailand.

Good luck here, because one guy weve talked to many times about the condo, and gone to see it with, and talked to sales with, wants to do the transfer on Tuesday. I hope it goes through.

The condo is still not yet finished..

Ok, so not finished yet meaning not ready for transfer. Then you should have a good chance to get something out of it in case you find a buyer who is willing to take your contract over. I would assume the developer will agree, providing the buyer pays them any overdue progress payments.

Chok dee.

The condo is still not yet finished..

Ok, so not finished yet meaning not ready for transfer. Then you should have a good chance to get something out of it in case you find a buyer who is willing to take your contract over. I would assume the developer will agree, providing the buyer pays them any overdue progress payments.

Chok dee.

Thanks. Yea the developer is agreeing. But there is no overdue payment. The total down has been paid already. All the buyer would need to do is pay it all at once, or he could start paying monthly upon the finish date.

Weve got a guy that says he is going to meet us there and take it, this week. Weve talked to him extensively, and will the developer as well. Hes been in the room and everything.

Choke dee muncan, with whatever youve got going on as well. :)

Ok. Its actually not my money, but my girlfriend has a condo in her name on Sukumvit, and now cannot put any more money down for it because of a life style change. So far there is just about 400,000 baht into it, and weve been trying to sell it for 250,000 baht but as of a month there has been nothing.

On the contract it states that if there is a problem, they will refund the money in 30 days, which would be our case, but I and my girlfriend have heard of alot of people having problems with getting their money back if a contract cannot be forfilled as planned, and the condo will just take the money....

So we are both a little bit worried about putting the letter in, for fear of getting the same results as others. Now, if it did work out, we would end up with an extra 100,000 baht because of the discount we would have sold it for. :)

Does anyone know of any incidents or have any input or experience. Will a condo take 400,000 baht? Or are these incidents kind of like the people that got there money stolen from their bank accounts by bank employees. Very rare?

You are trying to sell the condo for 250,000 bht ? sounds cheap cheap.

Ok. Its actually not my money, but my girlfriend has a condo in her name on Sukumvit, and now cannot put any more money down for it because of a life style change. So far there is just about 400,000 baht into it, and weve been trying to sell it for 250,000 baht but as of a month there has been nothing.

On the contract it states that if there is a problem, they will refund the money in 30 days, which would be our case, but I and my girlfriend have heard of alot of people having problems with getting their money back if a contract cannot be forfilled as planned, and the condo will just take the money....

So we are both a little bit worried about putting the letter in, for fear of getting the same results as others. Now, if it did work out, we would end up with an extra 100,000 baht because of the discount we would have sold it for. :)

Does anyone know of any incidents or have any input or experience. Will a condo take 400,000 baht? Or are these incidents kind of like the people that got there money stolen from their bank accounts by bank employees. Very rare?

You are trying to sell the condo for 250,000 bht ? sounds cheap cheap.

The guy said hes waiting on his bank and still doesnt know if theyll give him the money. I dont want to wait too long. Want to sell it fast before the condo finishes. Aparently theres still 4 months, but Im anxious..

And actually, the save 470,000 baht is before we actually give an discount. Thats just the difference in price from buying from the condo today, and buying from us, which the contract was started about 1.5 years ago.

So really if anyone wants it soon they could get the other 100,000 baht discount from us, making it 570,000 baht off buying from the condo directly...

I just want to see if anyone is interested at 380,000 baht instead of 280,000 now that im aware of the huge money saving...

• 2 weeks later...

This still hasn't sold. Another family came to look as well after the other guy, but they didn't seem to like it because the one bedroom window is facing the side of another building, though all the other windows (the condo is on a corner) are looking down into the side soi and over the buildings to that direction. Its on the 4th floor.

2 bedroom, 2 bathroom, livingroom, kitchen, and balcony....

Save over 500,000 baht off the condos current asking price (because this contract was started a year and half ago...)

Zenith Place... Corner of Sukumvit and Sukumvit Soi 71/1.

This still hasn't sold. Another family came to look as well after the other guy, but they didn't seem to like it because the one bedroom window is facing the side of another building, though all the other windows (the condo is on a corner) are looking down into the side soi and over the buildings to that direction. Its on the 4th floor.

Save over 500,000 baht off the condos current asking price (because this contract was started a year and half ago...)

2 bedroom,2 bathroom,livingroom,kitchen, and balcony all in 67sqm , wow thats tight!

2 bedroom,2 bathroom,livingroom,kitchen, and balcony all in 67sqm , wow thats tight!

LoL.. All I get are nasty words of dislike here, in regards to this condo.

Come on guys. :)

Why don't you offer the people at the sales office 100,000 THB commission if they can sell your contract for your purchase price. Since the asking price has gone up, it should sell at the pre-built price. You pay 50K from your moneyback, give them 100K finders fee, and take 230K as walking money. The buyer doesn't care who slices it up because they are saving too.

Don't expect TV members to run in and purchase. It's not like we don't trust you, but.... :)

Why don't you offer the people at the sales office 100,000 THB commission if they can sell your contract for your purchase price. Since the asking price has gone up, it should sell at the pre-built price. You pay 50K from your moneyback, give them 100K finders fee, and take 230K as walking money. The buyer doesn't care who slices it up because they are saving too.

Don't expect TV members to run in and purchase. It's not like we don't trust you, but.... :)

Good idea, but the sales lady works for the big boss, and I don't think approves of her selling a condo labelled as being 3.7 mill for 3.2 mill. Before we offered her 50,000 baht if she sold it, but so far nothing has come up. Maybe she wants to keep her job. I'm not sure. Maybe the big boss would rather have it not sell, so he can take our money and then sell it for the full 3.7 mill later. The contract does state that in the case of accident, they will repay it though. The sales lady confirmed this, and hasn't seemed at all strange because of our wanting to sell it. Shes talked to a couple people about it that went through us first, and let us in to look at it with people, but hasn't seem to have done anything herself as far as trying to sell it. Maybe if we up it to 100,000. Tell her sell it for the full 380,000 (the full down payment), and then we will give her 100,000 and pay the 50,000 name change fee..... Walk with 230,000.... I dont think her boss would approve of that. Getting 100,000 baht commission for selling for us.

If it could work like that it would be nice. 230,000 baht could almost be a new Ninja 650 crotch rocket... :D